Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

muppet

Quote from: larryin89 on June 01, 2014, 11:33:15 PM
I've been informed Duffy can't start until he plays club? Can that be right?

Why would that be?

He isn't looking to play for a different county.

Not that I think we will see him anyway.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

I don't think that's the case as he is playing for his home county. He now plays club football in Galway so I don't think it matters at all.

larryin89

That's what I thought but this fella is adamant that he has to feature for salthill till he can tog for county .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2014, 03:47:28 PM
That's what I thought but this fella is adamant that he has to feature for salthill till he can tog for county .
Who was telling you this?Syferus? ;)

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 02, 2014, 03:49:56 PM

Gavin Duffy.

Ye still have a bit to teach him about the rules.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 02, 2014, 03:54:56 PM

Gavin Duffy.

What are you on about, you fell for it too, with your  sj Hurley reference . You are full of it , if you try to make out you were just takin the piss.

moysider

Look he s already played club. whether that was a necessary requirement or not ( I don t think it was) he s in.

I don t know if Duffy is going to have a role to play but if he has I expect we ll see him on the pitch sooner than later.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2014, 03:59:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 02, 2014, 03:54:56 PM

Gavin Duffy.

What are you on about, you fell for it too, with your  sj Hurley reference . You are full of it , if you try to make out you were just takin the piss.

Both posts were fecking jokes so I don't know where this personal offense has come from.

You were the one lamenting people taking the board too seriously a few days ago and yet you come out with some of the most revved comments I see that aren't entirely wind-up attempts.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on May 28, 2014, 08:54:06 AM
If the game was this Sunday, I reckon it would look like...
Hennelly
Cunniffe,Caff,Higgins
Vaughan,Boyle,Keegan
Parsons,SOS
DOC,AOS,Jason Doc
COC,Andy,Kevin Mc

The locals are predicting a very tight selection by Horan for this with The Mayo News speculating that 13/15 of AI final team starting. Well that s Chris Barrett missing presumably and another. Indications are that Dillon will start so who else goes is intriguing. If Higgins goes back for Barrett and Doc starts that would leave 14/15 starting. But 13 starters makes it more akward - especially if Higgins was to start in the forwards.

Horan was bemoaning the fact that he has had so few players break through from U21 in his time, compared say to Roscommon. Presumably he did so with a straight face  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

muppet

Quote from: moysider on June 02, 2014, 10:45:55 PM
Hennelly
Cunniffe,Caff,Higgins
Vaughan,Boyle,Keegan
Parsons,SOS
DOC,AOS,Jason Doc
COC,Andy,Kevin Mc

The locals are predicting a very tight selection by Horan for this with The Mayo News speculating that 13/15 of AI final team starting. Well that s Chris Barrett missing presumably and another. Indications are that Dillon will start so who else goes is intriguing. If Higgins goes back for Barrett and Doc starts that would leave 14/15 starting. But 13 starters makes it more akward - especially if Higgins was to start in the forwards.

Horan was bemoaning the fact that he has had so few players break through from U21 in his time, compared say to Roscommon. Presumably he did so with a straight face  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Freeman?
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Hennelly
Cunniffe,Caff,Higgins
Vaughan,Boyle,Keegan
Parsons,SOS
DOC,AOS,Jason Doc
COC,Andy,Kevin Mc

Do you think hell give feeney any gametime?

moysider

Quote from: muppet on June 02, 2014, 10:49:56 PM
Hennelly
Cunniffe,Caff,Higgins
Vaughan,Boyle,Keegan
Parsons,SOS
DOC,AOS,Jason Doc
COC,Andy,Kevin Mc

Freeman?

Well yes. Leaving out our League top scorer might not make sense to a lot of people but it does to us :'(
But Mayo News speculating Dillon and Freeman start?

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2014, 10:52:54 PM
Hennelly
Cunniffe,Caff,Higgins
Vaughan,Boyle,Keegan
Parsons,SOS
DOC,AOS,Jason Doc
COC,Andy,Kevin Mc

Do you think hell give feeney any gametime?

Maybe, but incidental if any imo. I doubt he and maybe another would still be in the panel at all except that their removal would have drawn too much heat because they are well known. Last year s AI final tells us all we need to know about how Feeney is regarded by management.

larryin89

Feeney would be a positive for me and although I'd be unpopular for saying this , I'd start him before Dillon .

At the end of the day though , Roscommon are not great at the back and I can't see how they have improved that much from 12 months ago in this department , I expect Cillian to run riot tbh.

Evans might attempt to go Mcguinness on this game and park 13 players in behind .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on June 02, 2014, 11:25:07 PM
Feeney would be a positive for me and although I'd be unpopular for saying this , I'd start him before Dillon .At the end of the day though , Roscommon are not great at the back and I can't see how they have improved that much from 12 months ago in this department , I expect Cillian to run riot tbh.

Evans might attempt to go Mcguinness on this game and park 13 players in behind .

Don t get me wrong. I personally rate Richie Feeney very highly. I m not sure Management does though and last year's final seems to suggest that they don t because that game was crying out for him. The last 20mins were made for him. If they didn t consider him there, where do they use him?