Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

muppet

MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 04, 2014, 10:28:39 PM
The game is nearly upon us and this hasn't been on the first page since.....

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=21600.msg1110099#msg1110099

Enjoy folks.

Christ 'deelin. Haven t we enough to be deelin with without bringing up that? Winters are long enough for arguing over that ;D

Blowitupref

Horans talks up the roscommon u-21s none start. He talks down the mayo u21s and two starts.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:32:05 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 04, 2014, 10:25:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 04, 2014, 10:14:06 PM
Hennelly Cunniffe Caff Higgins Keegan Boyle Vaughan AOS SOS Doherty Connor o shea Diarmuid o connor Mc Loughlin Freeman Cillian. If anyone can see any logic here could you please enlighten me?

It s very logical 1-9 and 14-15. What are ye moaning about exactly? ;D

Ah nothing moy i suppose i like surprises its great to see 2 young lads who didnt get a minute in the league starting come championship.

Yeah I agree Dan. It s great to see Horan give youth a chance - even if they re probably not the best youths he could have got. Ye gotta love surprises. I m sure Syfín is delighted James has introduced new blood too. It was a thing that was concerning him about us.

I'm delighted by it.

moysider

Quote from: muppet on June 04, 2014, 10:34:34 PM
Is that team announced officially anywhere?

Don t mind that. Just wade in.
I d say it s the team.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2014, 10:37:34 PM
Hennelly Cunniffe Caff Higgins Keegan Boyle Vaughan AOS SOS Doherty Connor o shea Diarmuid o connor Mc Loughlin Freeman Cillian. If anyone can see any logic here could you please enlighten me?

Ah nothing moy i suppose i like surprises its great to see 2 young lads who didnt get a minute in the league starting come championship.

Yeah I agree Dan. It s great to see Horan give youth a chance - even if they re probably not the best youths he could have got. Ye gotta love surprises. I m sure Syfín is delighted James has introduced new blood too. It was a thing that was concerning him about us.

I'm delighted by it.

Of course you are. Horan starts 2 lads that were overrun in an U21 match against ye in March. What s not to like about that - if the leak is on the money.

Mayo Mick

That will leave Evans scratching his head!! Adds a bit of interest to the game and if the 2 lads are not performing we have plenty on the bench. Result will be the same and from what I'm hearing we can expect a performance similar to last year. Lads are hungry focused and rarin to go. Will be a long miserable afternoon for the home supporters by all accounts. 
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Farrandeelin

Oh well. Cillian won't be wearing the no11 jersey it seems while Horan is boss. I'm worried by that half forward line. McLoughlin was expected to do a roaming job from no13 in the league. It didn't happen either. Our defence will have to be on top of their game. As will the two in midfield.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Edit that as it is the team.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

ballinaman

Tubberman

Team confirmed now! Few lads with good sources around here ;)

Mayo GAA ‏@MayoGAA 2m

Mayo Team: Hennelly, Cunniffe, Caff, Higgins, Keegan, Boyle, Vaughan, AOS, SOS, D O'Connor, COS, Doherty, McLoughlin, Freeman, C O'Connor.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:41:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2014, 10:37:34 PM

I'm delighted by it.

Of course you are. Horan starts 2 lads that were overrun in an U21 match against ye in March. What s not to like about that - if the leak is on the money.

Certainly interesting. Ciaran Caffreky is only making his second championship start so I'd be very happy if the lad ends up being paired with someone making their first start.

Is Horan seriously looking at the likes of COS and Cillian's brother for the business end of the championship? They seem like the sorts of selections that will only really pay off in the years ahead.

Did Gallagher go for a J1 or something? He looked like the better man if you were making a change around there this year at least, he has always stood out in games I've seen him playing in coming up through the grades.

Farrandeelin