Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

From the Bunker

mayoman dan

There is going to be some craic on here shortly if the Mayo team i was told is correct

ballinaman

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on June 04, 2014, 08:47:44 PM
Or maybe he should try a bit of the Kerry hoor malarkey.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=217642

Cute hoor confident of staging an ambush or realsim because if Ros do lose it will be his task to revive them for the qualifiers? He then would have to present a loss to Mayo as not a bad result at all - as long as he avoids a drubbing and his team performs for him I d say most Ros people will accept that?

Tbh I m not as concerned about this one as I was last year. Mind you last year I was fairly jittery. There were a lot of fitness issues last year with Dillon, Andy and COC in various states of ill-repair. I expect Mayo to have improved again this year based on their maturing age profile and experience and indeed hunger/hurt. And the fact we should be in better health than last 2 years ( touch wood).

There will always be a niggle about playing Roscommon for somebody from my generation. Call it respect. I remember when it was dread.

Contrary to Syfín misgivings we haven t come out of the league  any worse than any other spring under JH. Each campaign has thrown up at least 1 shocker that would, if taken at face value, would have suggested were were going nowhere later.
v Donegal in Ballyshannon in 2013. Dublin in CP 2011. Westmeath In Mullingar 2014. Dublin and Derry 2014.
Syfín I d take JH remarks about winning the league with a large pinch of salt. A reporter looking for a few inches asks Horan. 'Would you like to win the League James?'
'Yes' says James ' We try to win every game, every competition. We d love to win the league. It s the second biggest competition' Imagine if he said 'No. Just survive. The league is a ball of shite' The sponsers would not be happy would they?
That translates into a headline like, HORAN TARGETS LEAGUE TITLE FOR MAYO LOSERS. Then the pundits roll up with opinions about how important it is for Mayo to win a league more than anybody else. My arse. I had no wish to see Mayo do anything but survive in Div.1. On a practical level I don t think we have the squad for a serious cut at both league and championship. There is only one competition that this Mayo team and management is targeting. The Westmeath game this spring we looked like we met in Dunnes Stores carpark 10 mins before throw-in. Other games like Dublin, Derry, Tyrone and Kildare we had moments and indeed periods of heedlessness that makes a mockery of any notion that this was a management taking the competition seriously enough to suggest that they were wanting to win it.

I m not sure exactly how much of his own personality that Horan has stamped on his team either Sy. Like most successful managers he has the team playing in a way that suits the strengths of the teams most influential players rather than him bringing a philosophy. From what I can recall his Ballintubber team did not play exactly like this but Tubberman would have been more familiar there than me and may well beg to differ.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 04, 2014, 09:27:28 PM
There is going to be some craic on here shortly if the Mayo team i was told is correct

Just tell us the team ffs and let the craic start now! I m bored.

It ll pass the time til we get the official team. I think you re usually on the money Dan.

I m hearing Andy is left out!

muppet

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

It ll pass the time til we get the official team. I think you re usually on the money Dan.

Rumour is Larryin89 has been recalled.
MWWSI 2017

mayoman dan

Hennelly Cunniffe Caff Higgins Keegan Boyle Vaughan AOS SOS Doherty Connor o shea Diarmuid o connor Mc Loughlin Freeman Cillian. If anyone can see any logic here could you please enlighten me?

moysider

Quote from: muppet on June 04, 2014, 10:12:37 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Rumour is Larryin89 has been recalled.

Seriously! I m hearing the 3 Bears are starting and Andy is out.

IolarCoisCuain

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 04, 2014, 10:14:06 PM
Hennelly Cunniffe Caff Higgins Keegan Boyle Vaughan AOS SOS Doherty Connor o shea Diarmuid o connor Mc Loughlin Freeman Cillian. If anyone can see any logic here could you please enlighten me?

It s very logical 1-9 and 14-15. What are ye moaning about exactly? ;D

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

Ah nothing moy i suppose i like surprises its great to see 2 young lads who didnt get a minute in the league starting come championship.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

REDCOL

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 04, 2014, 10:25:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 04, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

Ah nothing moy i suppose i like surprises its great to see 2 young lads who didnt get a minute in the league starting come championship.

Yeah I agree Dan. It s great to see Horan give youth a chance - even if they re probably not the best youths he could have got. Ye gotta love surprises. I m sure Syfín is delighted James has introduced new blood too. It was a thing that was concerning him about us.