Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 10, 2014, 12:29:23 PM
Surely handbags is the correct term when mad Tyrone women use their personal effects carry case to assault poor innocent Kerry footballers with unusually long arms?

FFS leave our womenfolk out of it AZ! What would your missus do if assailed by an orangutan?

;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

Will the 2 Counties be expelled from the rest of the Championship(s)??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 10, 2014, 12:29:23 PM
Surely handbags is the correct term when mad Tyrone women use their personal effects carry case to assault poor innocent Kerry footballers with unusually long arms?

FFS leave our womenfolk out of it AZ! What would your missus do if assailed by an orangutan?

;)

You have the wrong lad. Buckley plays for Crokes.

Zip Code

Quote from: Rossfan on June 10, 2014, 12:54:03 PM

Will they f**k!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2014, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on June 10, 2014, 12:27:55 PM
Surely the latter is dunting, Hardy, as in "Give him a bit of a dunt".

Do it enough to a nippy corner forward and you'll be accused of dunting his growth.

Problems could arise if when speaking to the ref afterwards, you tell him you were only giving yer man a bit of a dunt, but the ref hears "Yer man is a bit of a dunt." Yellow upgraded to red.

I thought a dunt was the application of the knee to the arse of a corner forward bending down to lift the ball.

I suppose we have to allow for local vernacular. A 'hev' was our term for the shouldering I mentioned, but previous research here indicated it was a finely localised expression.

What about left and right indicators. Practitioners of the indicators tend to be corner and full backs who, despite their eagerness to chase down the ball, feel it only right and proper to indicate to their marker which way they are intending to turn. Unfortunately sometimes said marker gets too close to the innocent full back, and makes accidental contact. Thereby giving rise to the 'Jaysus I hit a lad with a left indicator there, I think I broke his nose' saying common in the killing fields of Offaly club football.

muppet

Donnybrook : : a public argument
                    : an uncontrolled fight

Drumcree : a donnybrook which commences during a parade

The George : a tackle whereby the victim is hit from behind while bending over

MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

I think it would not be fair to treat the victims of the attack in the same way as the instigators, so Cavan should be expelled twice and Armagh not at all. Perhaps the fairest thing would be put Cavan back in Div 3 and replace them in Div 2 with the highest of the two teams relegated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

Q.1  Apart from the Orange Order which is the only other Organisation in the 32 counties whose members and supporters
       dress in ludicrous orange?

Q.2. Which County was the Orange order founded in?

Q.3. Who demanded that they parade the traditional route nearest the stand last Sunday?

Q.4.  Who demanded that a flag from outside the 6 counties be moved from their traditional route last Sunday?

Q.5.  Who never gets a big day out beyond the 12th July unless they follow their superior RED HAND brethren from across the 
         River Blackwater?

Answers on a postcard to Willie Frazer, Co Armagh.   First prize is a bottle of Fanta.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2014, 01:01:46 PM

I think it would not be fair to treat the victims of the attack in the same way as the instigators, so Cavan should be expelled twice and Armagh not at all. Perhaps the fairest thing would be put Cavan back in Div 3 and replace them in Div 2 with the highest of the two teams relegated.

This is Cavans first problem with a parade, Armagh on the other hand have had multiple problems with parades. A warning for Cavan and Armagh to be booted out of the Ulster championship with a replacement team being entered on alphabetical order. Incidentally Cavan would be reinstated as amazingly Antrim are still in the championship.

sheamy

J OGorman

Quote from: sheamy on June 10, 2014, 02:55:07 PM
Sean Cavanagh is disgusted with you Armagh hallions

http://www.thescore.ie/armagh-cavan-brawl-1508427-Jun2014/

from the pictures on that site. The coward (who should receive a lifetime ban) who hit the Cavan defender is standing to the right Armagh supporter with the hat, sunglasses and wooleny things. It looks like he is standing behind him, tight greying dark hair wearing glasses

EC Unique

Is that Sean Hurson the Tyrone referee that was linesman in the picture?

redhandloo

Quote from: EC Unique on June 10, 2014, 03:10:26 PM
Is that Sean Hurson the Tyrone referee that was linesman in the picture?
Yes
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Dont Matter

Was McKeever racially abused?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn