Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Sandy Hill on June 08, 2014, 11:33:03 PM
On the radio coverage Oisin McConville reckoned one of the Armagh players head butted Dunne's fist!!

;D
That was never a square ball!!

hairyUlsterman

Quote from: Sidney on June 08, 2014, 11:08:56 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on June 08, 2014, 11:06:31 PM
Were you at the match? Did you see what was done to Jamie Clarke during the row?  Fact is the Cavan players started it
We've seen enough of parading Orangemen starting riots over a fleg in wider society to want to see it in the GAA, thank you.

You have it easy, do you ever get stuck behind orange marches when out driving? stop complaining

Wildweasel74

G what a gypsy, second that wouldn't want to give a gypsy a bad name, hes lucky the Cavan player never seen him or he been into the crowd, just like that film slapshot with the Hansons

hairyUlsterman

Quote from: Sidney on June 08, 2014, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on June 08, 2014, 11:22:50 PM
Were you at the game?
There's a great thing called a camera (granted the camerawork is usually shit at Ulster championship matches) which means you don't have to be at the game to see what happened.

Yes that's RTE camera operators for you

pearseog

Quote from: EC Unique on June 08, 2014, 08:19:04 PM
Mckeever is never far away when the trampish behaviour starts. Is he from a traveling background?

What an absolutely disgraceful comment. One minute you are saying how these scenes are a real bad image to be semding out when trying to promote the game abroad. Then you make a comment like that. What image are you sending to newbies to GAA with comments like that??

You wouldn't say it to his face but you can happily write it behind a keyboard knowing you are hundreds of miles away!! Absolutely disgraceful...hang your head in shame!!

pearseog

Quote from: EC Unique on June 08, 2014, 11:05:54 PM
That looked really poor to be honest. Really thuggish. Feel sorry for the young band members who should not be subjected to such. The powers that be need to come down hard on the thugs involved and show that this is not acceptable.

Should an amateur sportsman be subjected to the comments you made about him earlier? Maybe you should be banned from commenting on the game in future??

antoinse

Ah lads and lassies, is it not being taken to the extreme calling it thuggery. Was Paul Grimley not right with his comments that it was only a bit of pulling and pushing. Are we going soft?

armaghniac

Quote from: antoinse on June 08, 2014, 11:52:09 PM
Ah lads and lassies, is it not being taken to the extreme calling it thuggery. Was Paul Grimley not right with his comments that it was only a bit of pulling and pushing. Are we going soft?

95% of it was handbags and would be regarded as "play" in a rugby game. There many have been some punches thrown and these should be investigated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Well done Armagh revenge gained and a easier win than i expected, tougher test ahead in the next game. Cavan a bit too fired up they couldn't deliver the performance they hoped for after throw in as it took them almost fifty minutes to score from play.

rionach 4

This was not handbags,  end of story  , punches were thrown and fists and foots went in . I was standing a few yards from it with my wife and seven year old daughter. Cavan came straight across and went right into the Armagh team. The band have a lot to answer for as to the Ulster council . It is the perogative of the home team to hold the inside walk .The Ulster council officials watched the Enniskillen band put the Cavan flag in the inside walk. This should not have happened and I dont blame Cavan for wanting to march behind their flag. Sloppy arrangements by  people who should know better . As for EC Unique  anouncement that K M C Keever must be be from the travelling community is really distasteful and racist. Coming from a member of club who I know so well , I find this totally out of character with a great club. 

trileacman

Quote from: rionach 4 on June 09, 2014, 12:39:45 AM
This was not handbags,  end of story  , punches were thrown and fists and foots went in . I was standing a few yards from it with my wife and seven year old daughter. Cavan came straight across and went right into the Armagh team. The band have a lot to answer for as to the Ulster council . It is the perogative of the home team to hold the inside walk .The Ulster council officials watched the Enniskillen band put the Cavan flag in the inside walk. This should not have happened and I dont blame Cavan for wanting to march behind their flag. Sloppy arrangements by  people who should know better . As for EC Unique  anouncement that K M C Keever must be be from the travelling community is really distasteful and racist. Coming from a member of club who I know so well , I find this totally out of character with a great club.

Does it make much ficking difference where lads walk around a pitch? Hardly worth battering a head off some lads for.

Typical Orangemen over-reaction.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

orangeman

Quote from: trileacman on June 09, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

Does it make much ficking difference where lads walk around a pitch? Hardly worth battering a head off some lads for.

This is a wind up about it being the band's fault and the Ulster council's fault.

trileacman

Quote from: orangeman on June 09, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

This is a wind up about it being the band's fault and the Ulster council's fault.

Is it really?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Aaron Boone

Quote from: trileacman on June 09, 2014, 12:52:11 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 09, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

Is it really?

The band should be in front of the CCCCCCCCCCCC this week to explain their actions.