Roscommon vs. Letrim Connacht SFC QF, 18th May 2014

Started by Syferus, May 03, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Would expect Enda Smith to start as John Evans rates him highly.. What would be the thinking behind naming Ronan Stack at left half forward..In Croke Park, with the U-21's missing, he came on as a sub.

Farrandeelin

I'm sure Horan and his selectors will tip along to this game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 06, 2014, 10:34:03 PM
I'm sure Horan and his selectors will tip along to this game.

No amount of hats can disguise a Tubber man.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 06, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
Would expect Enda Smith to start as John Evans rates him highly.. What would be the thinking behind naming Ronan Stack at left half forward..In Croke Park, with the U-21's missing, he came on as a sub.
Stack replaced Dara Donnelly who was listed at LHF in Croker. Conor Daly had been playing at 12 in a number of League games so I'm assuming JE will stick with his half back at 12 routine.
Conor Daly is unlikely to play and I'm afraid Dara is past being a County man.
Enda Smith hasn't exactly set the world alight in his last 2 U21 games, David O'Gara played his best game in a long time in Croker.
Anyway it's my team so I'll pick who I want to  :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

ross4life

Quote from: rrhf on May 07, 2014, 05:58:22 PM
This should attract a big gate

Attendance of 11,924 was at the last Roscommon v Leitrim championship game in Hyde park.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

The 3 Ros/Leitrim games in 09/10/11 drew a total of approx 40,000.
We Connacht people are true Gaels who go to support our teams in the Connacht Championship and don't need smarty pants comments from post 2002 converts to Gaeldom thanks very much :P :P.
And we have a lovely bus as well so there !!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I see on stolensheep we bet Down in a Challenge game somewhere in Dublin last night.That's probably the last run out before we face the might Layhtrums so hopefully Evans has seen enough by now to go with his best 15/20.

Shrewdness

I wonder did they bring the bus to that challenge game!! Hard to believe the championship is upon us.. If Ros are properly focused for this game, they should win it. Any sign of sloppiness or complacency and Leitrim would be well able to nail them.

Rossfan

As long as they don't let Tullamore get to them.
Hopefully we're not that mentally frail or we're never going anywhere.
Remember when we blew the U21 game v Rhubarbness in 09 our Seniors lost the plot altogether and all the experts put it down to reaction to the U21 defeat.

Shrewdness

You could possibly make a case for the few U-21's to be carrying some baggage from Tullamore, but any of the Senior players who are effected by a game in which none of them played, would need to have a word with themselves. I reckon Enda Smith and Diarmuid Murtagh will be the only two U-21's to start against Leitrim.

Syferus

Lads like Enda and Murt have come back from losses before, I really don't buy into there being a hangover from an U21 final. If anything everything we've seen from them suggests a backlash is more likely.

Shrewdness

Agree Syferus. Once John Evans gets them revved up by the end of next week, Tullamore will only be a distant memory. They'll also surely be motivated by the prize on offer if they win...a crack at Mayo in Hyde Park.