Dublin and illegal tackling

Started by samwin08, April 29, 2014, 01:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

lets see the  pundits get their tinted glasses on and analyse Dublins tackling technique. e.g Sunday's Final , not one legal tackle from Dublin in the match-lot of pulling , dragging , head high , leading with forearm , no shoulder to shoulder. Yes Jim has his team playing on the edge and beyond and that is why they are one step ahead.

screenexile

Quote from: samwin08 on April 29, 2014, 01:02:13 PM
lets see the  pundits get their tinted glasses on and analyse Dublins tackling technique. e.g Sunday's Final , not one legal tackle from Dublin in the match-lot of pulling , dragging , head high , leading with forearm , no shoulder to shoulder. Yes Jim has his team playing on the edge and beyond and that is why they are one step ahead.

No it's not... it's one of the many reasons not least the fact they are great footballers!

nrico2006

One thing I did notice a lot (especially from O'Gara and McManamon) was that everytime they got the ball and were running they were pushing with their free hand into the oppositions chest.  Surely its as much a free to push with the ball as it is without.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Banter Panther

It's their use of voodoo that needs calling up if you ask me. No other counties, or any other sports team, are afforded such a luxury.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 29, 2014, 02:12:55 PM
One thing I did notice a lot (especially from O'Gara and McManamon) was that everytime they got the ball and were running they were pushing with their free hand into the oppositions chest.  Surely its as much a free to push with the ball as it is without.

Eoghan 'Eight Steps' charging with the head down? never!

Thisonegoesto11

It will be refreshing to watch some games not involving Dublin when the Championship begins.

Will be able to see beautiful free flowing games with no fouling, rugby tackles or any hints of over carrying.
Every team plays it fair , Dublin set back examples on how the game should be played.  More honest blanket football please.

From the Bunker

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anfheardubh

Look here if you don't want to see hard hits and a few off the ball niggles  then go  watch soccer

Dublin are playing an expansive , high energy , stamina sapping game all well within the rules, so good luck to them

Dublin have raised the bar since Galvin took over, very lucky in 2011 to beat Kerry, but very much a different animal now and are worthy All Ireland Favourites

However at the prices  i wouldn't touch them,  i would love to see a defensively strong team set up against them and play on the counter attack,  still get the feeling that under pressure and from distance that their shooting is still ropey  and prone to numerous misses

MDA @ midfield is the engine of their team and does so much of the donkey work alas he over carries  a hell of a lot and never get blown up

Dublin's to lose,    Cork have an outside chance if they could tighten up the Full BackLine

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Hound

Quote from: anfheardubh on April 30, 2014, 02:16:13 PM
Look here if you don't want to see hard hits and a few off the ball niggles  then go  watch soccer

Dublin are playing an expansive , high energy , stamina sapping game all well within the rules, so good luck to them

Dublin have raised the bar since Galvin took over, very lucky in 2011 to beat Kerry, but very much a different animal now and are worthy All Ireland Favourites

However at the prices  i wouldn't touch them,  i would love to see a defensively strong team set up against them and play on the counter attack,  still get the feeling that under pressure and from distance that their shooting is still ropey  and prone to numerous misses

MDA @ midfield is the engine of their team and does so much of the donkey work alas he over carries  a hell of a lot and never get blown up

Dublin's to lose,    Cork have an outside chance if they could tighten up the Full BackLine
So the Kerry lads say and many believe them. Billy Keane still moaning about it in recent weeks  ;D
I'd be very surprised if anyone who re-watches the full 70 mins would consider the Dubs "very lucky", but all that matters is it was an utterly fantastic way to win an All Ireland!

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Hound on April 30, 2014, 03:59:50 PM

So the Kerry lads say and many believe them. Billy Keane still moaning about it in recent weeks  ;D
I'd be very surprised if anyone who re-watches the full 70 mins would consider the Dubs "very lucky", but all that matters is it was an utterly fantastic way to win an All Ireland!
+1

Banter Panther

Dublin success has a penchant for pissing people off. Are they doing anything else wrong? Gun running? Shooting down hoes? I'm sure there's some way of linking Dublin football to the lack of snow in Africa this Christmas time? That would be a nice stone to aim at them.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Hound on April 30, 2014, 03:59:50 PM

Have watched it several times. Can't make out the lucky part of that hard fought win myself.