Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

I think Down smell blood tonight, Ive a feeling more of the tyrone players are under pressure to perform, especially from their own supporters, the crowd in newry will be 100% behind Down. I wonder who will be asked to pick up Cavanagh? Garvey prehaps? he done a fantastic job on Declan OSullivan in 2010, he might be the man to keep him quiet.

Itchy

orangeman

Case for the defence.

Tyrone's defence is problematic and a sign of the times, according to RTÉ analyst Colm O'Rourke.

Speaking ahead of this weekend's senior football action, including the replay between Tyrone and Down, O'Rourke said Down's remarkable comeback last weekend meant that power had shifted between the counties, but suggested Tyrone's problems stemmed from an insecure defence.

"There's no doubt that the power has shifted," O'Rourke told RTÉ. "But in saying that, Tyrone were the better team for quite a part of the game, and probably should have been out of sight.

"Their big problem is their defence. It was a problem during the league. It's not something you would associate with Tyrone in the past, who were the authors of the sweeper system – and sometimes two or three sweepers when the likes of Brian Dooher were around.

"It was a real sign of the times when they had to go back for the likes of Conor Gormley and Justin McMahon."

However, O'Rourke dismissed the notion that Down would start the replay as favourites. He said Tyrone would have been shocked by the game, and that he expected them to respond.

SHEEDY

odds for tonights match are down 9/4 v tyrone 4/9 another draw 8/1. I reckon down+3 at 10/11 is a good bet. niall madine 1st goal @9/1.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

I watched the second half and the analysis on RTE last night. The foul on big Sean at the end was just unreal.
It clearly shows Sean trying to wriggle free of his man and another Down player at least 3 times with Coldrick about 10 yards away watching it all but doing nothing until he's finally dragged down. Brolly said it was definitely a foul but then goes on a rant about how it was a dive and how if you put a hand on him he flies through the air. In fairness to Toma's OShea he didn't look impressed by Brolly who keeps pointing at Lyster and across O'Se chest. Some might laugh it all of but but there us nobody standing up for Sean or Tyrone's side if the story as Mickey has everyone under pressure not to talk to RTE.
Now the president has spoken out against him (wrongly) in mist peoples eyes yet its still more bad press for us.
Whether we agree or not the National media has us labeled as divers, whingers about the rules and cynical as with last years tactics.
I won't be going today cos I've four young kids and my wife is going out tonight so I had my fun last weekend.
I won't get peace to watch the CL final either as it's bedtime from 7.30 til 9 in our house.
You can understand then that when my time is so precious that when I DO manage to get to a Tyrone game these days that it would be nice to see our best 15 players on the pitch rather than in the stand with a grumpy face.
I

SHEEDY

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 24, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
I watched the second half and the analysis on RTE last night. The foul on big Sean at the end was just unreal.
It clearly shows Sean trying to wriggle free of his man and another Down player at least 3 times with Coldrick about 10 yards away watching it all but doing nothing until he's finally dragged down. Brolly said it was definitely a foul but then goes on a rant about how it was a dive and how if you put a hand on him he flies through the air. In fairness to Toma's OShea he didn't look impressed by Brolly who keeps pointing at Lyster and across O'Se chest. Some might laugh it all of but but there us nobody standing up for Sean or Tyrone's side if the story as Mickey has everyone under pressure not to talk to RTE.
Now the president has spoken out against him (wrongly) in mist peoples eyes yet its still more bad press for us.
Whether we agree or not the National media has us labeled as divers, whingers about the rules and cynical as with last years tactics.
I won't be going today cos I've four young kids and my wife is going out tonight so I had my fun last weekend.
I won't get peace to watch the CL final either as it's bedtime from 7.30 til 9 in our house.
You can understand then that when my time is so precious that when I DO manage to get to a Tyrone game these days that it would be nice to see our best 15 players on the pitch rather than in the stand with a grumpy face.
I
was the referee right to award that free kick at the end. the sideline hadn't been taken therefore the ball was still out of play. if in theory a goalkeeper is waiting to take a kick out and the full forward at the other end of the field is being pulled and hauled can the ref give a free in without the kick out ever being taken?
and secondly can a 45 be moved forward? just wondering.
nil satis nisi optimum

tiempo

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 24, 2014, 01:20:28 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 24, 2014, 12:02:26 PM
I
was the referee right to award that free kick at the end. the sideline hadn't been taken therefore the ball was still out of play.

1) if in theory a goalkeeper is waiting to take a kick out and the full forward at the other end of the field is being pulled and hauled can the ref give a free in without the kick out ever being taken?
2)and secondly can a 45 be moved forward? just wondering.

Interesting, could someone also answer this one

3) before throw in referee spots the FB foul the FF on the 21, free in?

beer baron

Tyrone to hockey Down,Down's 1st 40 minutes or so last week was one of the worst i've seen in the province in the past decade. They were then handed a lifeline and still threw it away. Tyrone to easily beat the handicap i'd suspect

tyroneman

When a team plays the ball over the sideline, a free kick from the hand(s) shall be awarded to the opposing team from outside the boundary line from the place where the ball crossed the sideline

If it is defined as a free kick...then surely it can be movied up......

Would be supported by:

For an opposing player to be nearer than 13m to the ball before a free kick or a sideline kick is taken.
PENALTY - Free kick 13m more advantageous than place of original kick -up to opponents' 13m line.

All of a Sludden

After the Tyrone keeper was black carded last week when Down were taking the penalty the keeper should not have been replaced until after the next break in play, technically Tyrone had one too many players on the field.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

WT4E

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 24, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
After the Tyrone keeper was black carded last week when Down were taking the penalty the keeper should not have been replaced until after the next break in play, technically Tyrone had one too many players on the field.

That rule doesn't apply to keepers - just outfield players!

CD

Just heading off to Newry here lads - visa stamped at the last minute  - anyone with a spare ticket?- stand preferred as knee dodgy but will take a terrace.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Fuzzman

Lucky you CD. Enjoy the game.
Here's hoping Tony Donnelly talked some sense into Mickey and we see Clarke out of MF, Justy and Block starting and RoN playing at some stage.
Full back needs an experienced no nonsense player who can be relied on. Its not like other positions where you can chop and change every match. Name me another county that does this.
What radio channel is it on?

inroundthesquare

RTE Radio 1 and Radio Ulster MW i think