Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

omaghjoe

Hardy

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 18, 2014, 11:54:01 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 18, 2014, 11:26:33 PM
Quote from: PaddyP73 on May 18, 2014, 10:06:43 PM
Sean Cavanagh diving out there today was embarrassing out today.His brother Colm is just as bad,There getting away with this for years

He got a tap in the midriff in the 2nd half and I thought his spleen must have exploded going by his reaction.
It was not unlike that of a goldfish that had just been tipped out of it's bowl.
Ten seconds later he was up and about again without a care in the world.
Why does he do it?

Big Sean got a vicious cowardly dig in the ribs while he was coming through at full flight. There is history there between Lavery and him and it was no accident as the replay shows.

Question is why was Lavery booked for striking? SHOULD HAVE WALKED!

No. Lads get digs all the time. The question is why Cavanagh makes a spectacle of himself by performing convulsive gyrations on the ground fifteen seconds after the event as if he was being zapped by a couple of invisible 440KV electrodes. It's embarrassing. Act like a man, ffs.

kickingmule

Very disappointing display  from Tyrone today, no passion, no system and a manager whose living in the
Dark ages. The game today has moved on.
Make no mistake  Tyrone as always have some fantastic players, but in the name of god mickey harte
Has had plenty of time to get it right in defence, we have conceded more goals so far this season  than any team
In the country, yet me included,

consider this team real all Ireland contenders ......... Something does not add up?
in my opinion ..... Today Tyrone played a 2ñd rate down rate team, who were all,  bar 17 mins  playing  second fiddle,
We  were ahead by 7 points , yet concede two goals with mindless defending  and a manager standing motionless on the sideline .... Hardley something to give the  real passionate supporters of Tyrone football  to hang on to..... We deserve better than this,
At the end of the day,  I expect Tyrone to win the replay @  a cander, bury a 3rd rate monaghan, and win the ulster final against  whoever, .... But light years away from an all Ireland and looking for a new progressive manager.
we all need to move on. .............

Main Street

John Wayne has nothing on Big Sean's true grit  and ability to carry his severely wounded body through a game, as if he was merely ballet dancing. That was a stunning stoic performance right to the end, when Big Sean (all 100kg)  was fearlessly willing to dive on damaged ribs to copper fasten the last chance free,  get up on his feet with just a mere hint of a grimace and knock the (so called) pressure kick over the bar.
I hope he /wife /kids/cousins manage to dodge the inevitable slings and arrows directed his way after yet another Brolly vindictive indulgence.

They say the underdog's day has been lost after they let the fancied team off the hook to gain a draw, but I think in this case Down will feel okay about the replay and their chances of getting through.
Tyrone, more and more have  to depend on cynical stunts just to stay in contention, whereas in the past they had a real football team to back up their cynical side.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on May 19, 2014, 12:03:07 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 18, 2014, 11:54:01 PM
Sean Cavanagh diving out there today was embarrassing out today.His brother Colm is just as bad,There getting away with this for years

He got a tap in the midriff in the 2nd half and I thought his spleen must have exploded going by his reaction.
It was not unlike that of a goldfish that had just been tipped out of it's bowl.
Why does he do it?

Big Sean got a vicious cowardly dig in the ribs while he was coming through at full flight. There is history there between Lavery and him and it was no accident as the replay shows.

Question is why was Lavery booked for striking? SHOULD HAVE WALKED!

No. Lads get digs all the time. The question is why Cavanagh makes a spectacle of himself by performing convulsive gyrations on the ground fifteen seconds after the event as if he was being zapped by a couple of invisible 440KV electrodes. It's embarrassing. Act like a man, ffs.

Have you ever got a dig in the ribs while in full flight? Yes well then you will know it is extremely painfull

Lets stick to the facts here.

Are you saying it was not a foul?
Are you saying that striking is not a red card offence?

Here's the facts:
It was deliberate, cowardly, dangerous and the perpertrator SHOULD HAVE WALKED

grounded

Why does he do it?

Some of the Klinsmann like diving he gets up to is embarrassing alright. I suppose with his direct running and scoring threat he definitely gets a lot of close attention during matches. Continual fouling by the opposition throughout his career has undoubtedly led to this pavlovian conditioning. In fairness he was in good company out there . One of the Down defenders went down like a sack of sh*t after the slightest of touches from a Tyrone forward, the ref told him to get up, it was cringeworthy stuff.

hectorsheroes

shame shame and more shame - exactly the wrong example to teach anyone - there is absolutely NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THAT DIVING - lets not pretend - that free at the end was a dive DIVE DIVE DIVE - Shame on that - defend all you want tyrone men - that was a DIVE

kickingmule

Quote from: Main Street on May 19, 2014, 12:15:34 AM
John Wayne has nothing on Big Sean's true grit  and ability to carry his severely wounded body through a game, as if he was merely ballet dancing. That was a stunning stoic performance right to the end, when Big Sean (all 100kg)  was fearlessly willing to dive on damaged ribs to copper fasten the last chance free,  get up on his feet with just a mere hint of a grimace and knock the (so called) pressure kick over the bar.
I hope he /wife /kids/cousins manage to dodge the inevitable slings and arrows directed his way after yet another Brolly vindictive indulgence.

They say the underdog's day has been lost after they let the fancied team off the hook to gain a draw, but I think in this case Down will feel okay about the replay and their chances of getting through.
Tyrone, more and more have  to depend on cynical stunts just to stay in contention, whereas in the past they had a real football team to back up their cynical side.
[/quote.

Get a grip  you clown..

cadhlancian

Quote from: Agent Orange on May 18, 2014, 05:20:51 PM
Cathal McCarron only robbed a few houses and got run out of Tyrone, David Coldrick is robbing an entire county.
INAPPROPRIATE >:(

BennyHarp

Quote from: hectorsheroes on May 19, 2014, 12:26:57 AM
shame shame and more shame - exactly the wrong example to teach anyone - there is absolutely NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THAT DIVING - lets not pretend - that free at the end was a dive DIVE DIVE DIVE - Shame on that - defend all you want tyrone men - that was a DIVE

If the ref gives the free for blatant hauling and dragging (cynical play) then the player doesn't have to go to ground. Why shouldn't he bring fouls to the attention of the referee? Should he let himself get dragged all over Healy Park, when his team need a score to stay in the championship just because the ref is turning a blind eye and to keep faceless internet warriors happy? Sean's our go to man in these situations and Down know it, I'm happy he did what he had to do. A foul occurred, we got the free, Sean showed his class to put it over and we are still in the championship. Maybe Down will think twice before they try their cynical fouling on him next week.
That was never a square ball!!

Banter Panther

Terrific game. I was impressed by Down and they showed great character. I hope they win the replay, because that was a blatant dive at the end. Not nice to see.

Anyway, I think we can safely say that neither team will be winning Ulster, at least that's my own personal opinion. It's hard enough winning Ulster from the preliminary round without having to replay it.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

ardtole

Not only the free at the end. But the tyrone goal in the second half came from a dive from the tyrone full back, deceiving a poor referee which led to the goal. Im just after watching the game again and Coldrick was nothing short of dreadful throughout.

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 19, 2014, 01:02:02 AM
Quote from: hectorsheroes on May 19, 2014, 12:26:57 AM

If the ref gives the free for blatant hauling and dragging (cynical play) then the player doesn't have to go to ground. Why shouldn't he bring fouls to the attention of the referee? Should he let himself get dragged all over Healy Park, when his team need a score to stay in the championship just because the ref is turning a blind eye and to keep faceless internet warriors happy? Sean's our go to man in these situations and Down know it, I'm happy he did what he had to do. A foul occurred, we got the free, Sean showed his class to put it over and we are still in the championship. Maybe Down will think twice before they try their cynical fouling on him next week.

Here Here

Fact is Sean was fouled multiple times and didnt get a free. He hits the deck and he gets one, who's in the wrong

The offending player? YES
The referee? YES

Sean Cav NO

End of story!

tyroneman

Quote.  . One of the Down defenders went down like a sack of sh*t after the slightest of touches from a Tyrone forward, the ref told him to get up, it was cringeworthy stuff.     

Yeh. The fella marking Coney tried to hit him with a shoulder to the chest off the ball after Kyle popped over a nice score. Kyle stood his ground and yer man hit the deck holding his head.

Laughable.

Coldrick made a major balls with the (lack of) black card for the Tyrone pen, but sure it's par for the course for him when he referees us. Also remember Sparky nearly being decapitated late in the second half and not even a free.