Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

The one defender that should be added is Marty Swift from Killyclogher.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: snoopdog on May 09, 2014, 10:18:26 PM
are centra supervalue doing tickets for this game. im assuming its all ticket

It is all ticket and as far as I know they are. Also sold through the gaa website.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Under Lights on May 10, 2014, 05:19:53 PM
The one defender that should be added is Marty Swift from Killyclogher.

Assume he's back playing for Killyclogher then? Was a decent defender and if fully fit would be worth his place in the squad.

Redhand Santa

I picked my best team last week if everyone was fit. I'd say the following will be very close to the actual line out next week barring any further injuries:
Morgan
McRory
Clarke
McKenna
Gormley
Mattie D
Harte
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
Penrose
McGuigan
Mark D
McCurry
Coney
R O'Neill

He could also be tempted with McBride and full back. Other than that based on the league its hard to see that selection being that far away. It wouldn't be my choice of full back lines. And I'd be very tempted to push Mattie Donnelly up the pitch.

Fuzzman

I'll be very surprised if McGuigan starts and hope to God those two corner backs don't start and think McKenna might but Mc Crory not. Think PJ is our only decent man marker we have.

ONeill

Some of the soundbites from players have been interesting lately. I've read a couple who openly discuss how susceptible they are defensively. I like that. Suggests the elephant in the room isn't going unnoticed.

Given that you cannot turn water into wine in terms of individuals, what do you think is the gameplan this year -

1 - 15 v 15 and attempt top outscore the opposition in a shoot-out
2 - Back to the noughties and flood the defence, leaving two forwards to do their work

No 1 will work against all but the top 6 sides.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Which would you rather see O'Neill?

I suspect Mickey will start of 15 v 15 but if a team has an outstanding forward that is doing massive damage then I'd expect a man to be sacrificed from the forward line to double mark him or play a sweeper.
Do you remember how he used to handle marking Paddy Bradley where he would play a man in front of him to cut of the supply. I don't mind playing a sweeper as long as we then kick pass the ball more directly when we get possession and not this bloody rugby league style sh*te of running the ball up the field.

I'd like to see Coney start on Sunday and I'd also see McBride get a run as I've yet to see him.
I know he's big and strong but would he be any good in the corners at marking a man.

How long is McNamee out for? What's the latest on Colm Cav?

Conor G played in the wing a lot last year. Do ye think he's better there than in the middle?
Why did Mickey move him out of CHB?

DennistheMenace

Out of the team that played Derry in the 1st league game, how many are potential starters this weekend?

Mr. Nakata

I think McGinley will get a starting jersey in the half back line. Gormley may start on the bench, although he may be named in one of the corners.

omagh_gael

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 12, 2014, 11:59:23 AM
Out of the team that played Derry in the 1st league game, how many are potential starters this weekend?

Tyrone: N Morgan, A McCrory, C Clarke, B Tierney, C McGinley, P Harte, R McNabb, D McBride, C Grugan, N McKenna, S McGuigan, PJ Lavery, D McCurry, M Donnelly, P McNeice.

Out of that team I'd say certain starters would be:

Morgan
Clarke
Harte
McCurry
Mattie Donnelly

Maybes:

McCrory
McGinley
McNabb
McGuigan

Would be very surprised if any of the rest make the first 15.

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on May 09, 2014, 03:19:49 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on May 09, 2014, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 09, 2014, 02:12:24 PM
Is Mickey able to add players to his squad or is it too late? Would like to see a few different defenders in

Name them please.....

Id add one player.

Dean McNally, Kildress

I was thinking of dean McNally. He played corner back on the county star studded jordanstow. Team this year didn't he. Also swift should come back in. Big problems in defence this year!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Classic Jinx. Never heard that wan before.
Are you going UP to it?
Should be a good day out.
The minors usually serve up a classic game

elk

Hope Down minors give Tyrone minors a better game than they did in the Ulster league. Was at the game and Down minors didn't look as strong as last years team and thought Tyrone looked every bit as good as the previous year. Although teams always seem to find a little bit extra come championship time. Hopefully we see two good games of football.

Under Lights

Justin with a big shout to start this weekend. Been playing well in club games and upped his game at county training.

There will be one or two surprises in the team this weekend.