Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Will this game be televised do you think?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bogball88 on May 09, 2014, 08:54:13 AM
I think its on BBC anyway.

what is the first game that Sky are showing?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

orangeman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 09, 2014, 08:57:38 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on May 09, 2014, 08:54:13 AM
I think its on BBC anyway.

what is the first game that Sky are showing?
KK and Offaly.

Fuzzman

Redhand Santa's team

Morgan
PJ Quinn
Justy
McNamee
McNabb
Gormley
Harte
Colm C
Joe Mc
Sean C
Mattie D (Playing deeper role running at defenses and leaving room for Ronan O'Neill to come out into)
Penrose
McCurry
Stevie O'Neill (assuming could get back on first half of last years form)
Ronan O'Neill

I like the look of that team alright RHS, especially Joey at MF as not only is he a big lad who can field he can kick immense scores from far out and has good vision and passing as well. We know he can take his goal chances when they come and so whilst he's a great FB and CHB and sweeper too, he brings so much more to the attack when he's pushing forward. Even Clarke gets forward well and can kick points but Joey has that wee bit of finesse.
With Colm & Joey at MF we wouldn't be a push over any more in that sector which I think is crucial now as like I said before we don't have the Doohers, Jordan or anyone (maybe with the exception of Penrose) to hoover up breaking ball any more.
If you watch Colm he often goes up to punch with one hand and uses the other hand to hold a man off.

I expect another summer of wondering who is our best 6 defenders and where is the best positions for Big Sean, Mattie & Peter Harte again. All great players on their day and match winners but with all the chopping and changing they rarely get settled into one position. When Penrose first came on the scene he was quite prolific like McCurry but then he was brought back to help defend more and more.

Looking forward to the match on Sunday week as I was there in 2005 and there in 2008 v Down so hopefully history repeats itself.  ;D
I think we've a better squad than we did last year and I hope we continue playing the more direct attacking style that we've saw in the league. However, should we get that far, I fear matches v Monaghan, Derry and Donegal will all be VERY tough battles and I won't lose too much sleep if we go back door again. Ulster plays Leinster this year in the AI semis so I'd rather be playing Dublin in the final as opposed to the semifinal.  ;)

I hope McCurry stays fit and continues where he left off in the league. I'd love to see him, RoN, Coney, Mattie and even Stevie all competing for top scorer and being our new attacking threat for the years ahead.

oakleafgael

No harm to the Tyrone lads but the two McMahons will never be at the level they where at in 08. Its wishful thinking talking about them making any lasting meaningful contribution, same with O'Neill too. For there own benefit they would be best away from the county setup and trying to get a run of games for Omagh under their belts.

Fuzzman

Thanks Oakleafgael
I'll pass that on to Mickey as he probably doesn't see them as often as you or know what their capable of.

There's a number of ye from Derry sor and Armagh that can't wait to get rid of the two McMahons, Gormley and Stevie.
Is it just for the players own welfare that ye are all concerned for?

imtommygunn

It is just one injury after another for those boys it seems. I wouldn't agree about Joe McMahon but the other two really struggle. What's the longest run of games O'Neill has had in the last say 5 years? Must be half a dozen max and that'd be round mckenna cup / early league? They're in a perpetual injury cycle. Justin McMahon pretty similar.

It's disappointing as I'd love to see O'Neill especially at the top of his game again.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 09, 2014, 11:59:20 AM
Thanks Oakleafgael
I'll pass that on to Mickey as he probably doesn't see them as often as you or know what their capable of.

There's a number of ye from Derry sor and Armagh that can't wait to get rid of the two McMahons, Gormley and Stevie.
Is it just for the players own welfare that ye are all concerned for?

No need for the attitude but over the last 3 or 4 years through injury they have contributed very little in Championship.

Im not included in that number.

I can only speak for myself but I think its not a great sight to see a topclass footballer struggling with injury/form.

Walter Cronc

Surely its the failure of Harte not to address these injury issues with able replacements post 08?

Under Lights

I would be extremely doubtful if Joe can get back to a level to be able to play county football this year.

WT4E

Is Mickey able to add players to his squad or is it too late? Would like to see a few different defenders in

Mikhailov

Quote from: WT4E on May 09, 2014, 02:12:24 PM
Is Mickey able to add players to his squad or is it too late? Would like to see a few different defenders in

Name them please.....

Fuzzman

Jaysus lads either I've gone mad or ye know nothing about Tyrone players
Yes we all want the new lads to do well and Mickey has given them plenty chances during the league but I bet you it will be like last year where Gormley & Joey will be by far our best two defenders.
Yes Justy has had a horrid time since 08 and so it's hard to say how he'll do this year or will his dodgy hammies go again

All I'm saying it's that a bit like when Canavan retired all the Armagh boys were very relieved and when Oisin retired we all held a party too.  ;D

Conor Gormley in my eyes is the only cute defender we have that can mix the ugly with the good football. Too many of our new bunch are all fine ball players but are far too nicey nice., esp the McMahons and Cavanaghs, possibly our 4 biggest men,

Yes the black card will take that to a new level now but teams like the Dubs will run straight through you if you have a few tough nuts in your team.

I really hate Donegal's style of play but there's one thing McGuiness has done to them and that's tightened up their defence. With the 2 McGees, McGlynn, Lacey and even Tompson they have some tough tackling defenders in there.
Teams who have done their homework will now know to run at Tyrone and go for goals. I think that's why it's crucial that we play more rugged hard hitting defenders who might lack the finesse of others. Look at Philly McMahon for the Dubs and even Cooper. Not shrinking violets by any means.

God14

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 09, 2014, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 09, 2014, 02:12:24 PM

Name them please.....

Id add one player.

Dean McNally, Kildress

snoopdog

are centra supervalue doing tickets for this game. im assuming its all ticket