Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

There have been ups and downs during the league with the Dublin game probably a reflection of it. Conceding 2 soft goals and getting run over have been concerns during the league. However we did manage to get back from a 10 point deficit out playing the all Ireland champions for 45 minutes and score more often than them in the game.

We've scored heavily during the league and competed apart from a half v Kerry with the top teams despite never having the strongest team available. Sean cavanagh our best player missed pre season and played a key position throughout the league despite not being fit. I suspect he'll return to close to his best for the championship.

If everyone is fit I'd be surprised if I haven't got 11 or 12 starters below:

Morgan
Pj
Mcnamee
McKenna
Clarke
Donnelly
Gormley
Cavanagh
Cavanagh
Harte
Penrose
Mark d
Mccurry
Coney
Mcaliskey

cadhlancian

Morgan
Quinn
Clarke
Gormley
Harte
Donnelly
McNamee
Cavanagh Colm
Mc Mahon Joe
Penrose
Ronan ONeill
Mark Donelly
McCurry
Sean Cavanagh
Ronan McNabb

Play McNabb along the half back line to help and shore up that space.

tyroneman

Quote.Tyroneman, you started this thread early in the morning?
Kids, Cows or what were you minding when you started typing?         

Isn't everyone up at that time? Days half over  ;)

Still think Donegal are the team to beat in Ulster. Have the physicality for Derry and everyone writing them off already.

Under Lights

I would probably expect:

1. Morgan

2. McNamee
3. Clarke
4. McRory

5. McGinley
6. Gormley
7. Harte

8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Sean Cavanagh

10. Penrose
11. Ronan O'Neill
12. Mattie Donnelly (expect him to come to MF to release SC coming forward)

13. McCurry
14. Coney
15. McAliskey

If Joe was fit I'd have him at 3 with Clarke pushing to CB.

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on April 16, 2014, 07:53:39 AM
I would probably expect:

1. Morgan

2. McNamee
3. Clarke
4. McRory

5. McGinley
6. Gormley
7. Harte

8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Sean Cavanagh

10. Penrose
11. Ronan O'Neill
12. Mattie Donnelly (expect him to come to MF to release SC coming forward)

13. McCurry
14. Coney
15. McAliskey

If Joe was fit I'd have him at 3 with Clarke pushing to CB.

I think this is the closest I have seen yet.

sensethetone

1 morgan
2 mcrory
3 r mcnamee
4 r mc kenna
5 clarke
6 mattie
7 harte
8 cavanagh
9 cavanagh
10 mcginley
11 shay
12 duckie donnelly
13 mcaliskey
14 kyle if fit
15 mccurry

i have little faith in our full back line but these are the guys that are getting chosen so thats what we've to go with.

Aristo 60

Just to keep our side up:

1) McVeigh
2) Dan
3) Brendy
4) Costello
5) McKernan
6) Aidan Carr
7) Garvey
8)Ambrose
9) Mallon
10) O'Hanlon
11) Poland
12) Laverty
13) Donal
14) Madine
15) Benny

Under Lights

Any new stars breaking through in Down?

Tyrone V Down minors on this saturday in the league.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Under Lights on April 16, 2014, 04:56:08 PM
Any new stars breaking through in Down?

Tyrone V Down minors on this saturday in the league.

ryan treanor, son of shorty treanor is a real prospect and kory colgan from an riocht is also showing well. both feature prominently for down minors.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 16, 2014, 04:53:13 PM
Just to keep our side up:

1) McVeigh
2) Dan
3) Brendy
4) Costello
5) McKernan
6) Aidan Carr
7) Garvey
8)Ambrose
9) Mallon
10) O'Hanlon
11) Poland
12) Laverty
13) Donal
14) Madine
15) Benny

id be very surprised if peter turley wasn't on the starting team. ryan boyle, connor maginn and Darren O'Hagan ( if fit ) are also probable starters.
nil satis nisi optimum

John o connor

Def think Pete Turley , Maginn and poss O Hagan should start . With some of the players missing ( through Aussie rules , soccer , immigration , injury and non committal ) I was very worried at the prospect of this Down side travelling to Omagh looking for a result !
However , recent events show some of these Tyrone men perhaps have a preference for using the back door and it maybe presents faint hope for a victory .   8)

Mourne Rover

On league form, Maginn and Turley are very likely to start in Omagh. Benny and O'Hanlon are at opposite ends of their careers, and would be expected to be on the bench. It would be great to see Mallon back, although flying him back from Brussels will not be easy. We could also be doing with big King in there.

Unusually, we have decent competition for places in defence, with Boyle, O'Hagan and Rooney all pushing hard for a spot. The chances of big Dan joining them do not look great.

Pangurban

Though it pains me to say it lads,we are simply not good enough to be competitive in Ulster this year. What is worse is that we are so far behind in terms of development, even the next few years look very bleak. Tyrone are at present out off our league

orangeman

When Tyrone had lethal sides in 03 and 08, Down Drew with them twice, lost one and won one.

Down have a big life.

DownFanatic

This has the potential to be a classic. A lot of Down support aren't optimistic but I've a feeling we can go to Omagh and turn them over. Provided we have all our main men available.