PRELIMINARY ROUND: New York v MAYO (Gaelic Park, New York, 4th May)

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2014, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

mayo.mick

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 01, 2014, 10:42:15 PM
My prediction for this match...MAYO 5-24, NEW YORK 0-6.

Will be an awful lot closer than that!  ;)
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on April 30, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
SOS at 11?

No Freeman. Please tell me he is injured or ill?

I am delighted so see one of last year's minors make it.

I hope Kevin Mc plays out the field and Seamus plays behind the midfielders.

I hope his omission is just a wake up call from JH.
He's a truly enigmatic individual who can be brilliant one day and then spend much of the next sitting on his posterior, giving out to all around him. He'll need to be at his best and stay that way for the tougher tests ahead if Mayo are to go anywhere this year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 02, 2014, 10:52:46 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 30, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
SOS at 11?

No Freeman. Please tell me he is injured or ill?

I am delighted so see one of last year's minors make it.

I hope Kevin Mc plays out the field and Seamus plays behind the midfielders.

I hope his omission is just a wake up call from JH.
He's a truly enigmatic individual who can be brilliant one day and then spend much of the next sitting on his posterior, giving out to all around him. He'll need to be at his best and stay that way for the tougher tests ahead if Mayo are to go anywhere this year.

Never noticed much complaining from Alan. His treatment in the AI final last year was scandalous to be honest and it's Jamesy that needs the wake up call and not Freeman.

I would be beside myself with laughter if ye turn up at the Hyde with Freeman on the bench but surely Horan is too good a manager to make a mistake like that.

From the Bunker

Just looking at the New York side from 2009.

Mayo: D Clarke; L O'Malley, G Cafferkey, K McLoughlin; P Gardiner 0-01, T Howley, D Vaughan; T Parsons 0-01, R McGarrity 0-01; P Harte 1-00, T Mortimer 0-02, A Dillon 0-03; A Moran 0-04, A O'Shea 1-03, B Moran 0-1.

Connacht final v Galway same year

K O'Malley; L O'Malley, G Cafferkey, K Higgins; P Gardiner, T Howley, A Moran; D Heaney, R McGarrity; P Harte, T Mortimer (capt), A Dillon; A Kilcoyne, B Moran, A O'Shea.

Gas that O'Mahoney played B Moran and A O'Shea in the Full forward line together!

Tubberman

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 02, 2014, 11:27:21 AM
Just looking at the New York side from 2009.

Mayo: D Clarke; L O'Malley, G Cafferkey, K McLoughlin; P Gardiner 0-01, T Howley, D Vaughan; T Parsons 0-01, R McGarrity 0-01; P Harte 1-00, T Mortimer 0-02, A Dillon 0-03; A Moran 0-04, A O'Shea 1-03, B Moran 0-1.

Connacht final v Galway same year

K O'Malley; L O'Malley, G Cafferkey, K Higgins; P Gardiner, T Howley, A Moran; D Heaney, R McGarrity; P Harte, T Mortimer (capt), A Dillon; A Kilcoyne, B Moran, A O'Shea.

Gas that O'Mahoney played B Moran and A O'Shea in the Full forward line together!

Remember when the full-forward line was Kilcoyne, O'Shea (or maybe it was B Moran) and Conor Mort.
I think it was muppet that came up with "The Killer, The Pillar and The Thriller" :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rodney trotter

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 01, 2014, 10:42:15 PM
My prediction for this match...MAYO 5-24, NEW YORK 0-6.

Don't know why you think it will be like that when New York have a lot of decent players in the side.

Shrewdness

moysider

John Casey after clearing up some of the selection issues there on the radio.

Caff and Freeman carrying injuries.

Dillon named in subs and flying apparently. Mikey Conroy and Adam Gallagher not listed among the subs.

Zulu

Mayo 0-2 New York 0-0. Vaughan and McLoughlln with the scores.

moysider

The Bear O Sheas have switched positions. Seamie goes to midfield and Aidan to 11.

Zulu

Mayo up 6 - 2. There appears to be a few off the ball belts now, Quinn and Boyle at the centre of it. Both getting yellows.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose