PRELIMINARY ROUND: New York v MAYO (Gaelic Park, New York, 4th May)

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2014, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

0-10 to 0-2 Mayo but they seem to be struggling with the NY blanket defence.

moysider

Blood sub on for McLoughlin. We ll do well to avoid injuries here.

ballinaman

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Mayo 1-12 New York 0-3  Diarmuid O'Connor with the goal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

12 mins to go. 2-15 to 7.

Parsons and Dillon among other subs on the field.

Blowitupref

Cillian O'Connor with two penalties Mayo 3-16 New york 0-07

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on May 04, 2014, 08:50:26 PM

How fit is Dillon? Will it be a Moran situation again where Horan tries to slowly integrate him back into the starting line-up?

Blowitupref

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2014, 08:55:20 PM
Quote from: moysider on May 04, 2014, 08:50:26 PM

How fit is Dillon? Will it be a Moran situation again where Horan tries to slowly integrate him back into the starting line-up?

Apparently he s flying after the break and freshened up. Clearly injured all last year. Could well start semi.

From the Bunker

Farrandeelin

It seemed to be one of the longest games ever, listening to Mike Finnerty and John 'ooh aah' Casey. At least they won and hopefully Kevin Mc was rested and his nose is ok. I suppose we'll find out later when the entourage comes home. I found it kind of bizarre that Adam Gallagher wasn't on the bench at least. Then again, James Horan is manager.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

5 weeks now to semi. We re spoiled for choice for midfielders but harder to figure out the shape and personnel from 8 up. I suspect the Higgins experiment is done for now. Glad he s thinking about Aidan at 11. Could Parsons do a job at 10 or 12? Then there s Barry Moran? We ll need them all. We ll need serious impact rather than shoring things up in second half.
The following would seem to be emerging as the top 20?

Hennelly, Cunniffe, Barrett, Caff, Higgins, Keegan, Harrison, Boyle, Vaughan, O Shea x2, Parsons, Gibbons, Barry M, McLoughlin, Andy, Cillian, Freeman, Doc and Richie.

I dunno what Gallagher has done to drop out of the reckoning. Things may change there.

O Malley back and I believe Clarkie is getting closer with only his kicking still a bit of a problem.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 04, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
It seemed to be one of the longest games ever, listening to Mike Finnerty and John 'ooh aah' Casey. At least they won and hopefully Kevin Mc was rested and his nose is ok. I suppose we'll find out later when the entourage comes home. I found it kind of bizarre that Adam Gallagher wasn't on the bench at least. Then again, James Horan is manager.

Does anybody know what the story is? The lad was as good as could be reasonably expected in early league games and since not a squeak. Was there an issue about the U21s and training?

Apart from a couple of exceptions Horan seems to lack confidence in the better younger players. As you say though he s the manager and the buck stops with him. I would have expected our attack to have developed along slightly different lines this year but that s not going to be the case. I be worried about lack of real pace in the forwards.