The British Royal Family.

Started by Black Card, April 10, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Card

It is a theory - there are many out there all off which the laws of physics can prove.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Black Card on April 14, 2014, 03:37:10 PM
No adjustment necessary - belief doesn't make it correct, just makes people gullible and naive.
I'll deal with you later!
Signed
GOD

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

laoislad

::)

I bet yer all wetting yourselves up there with excitement.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

I've no problem admitting I find it interesting. Never known a world without Brenda (© Private Eye). Bloody hell, even my dad would struggle to remember when she wasn't strutting her stuff.

I find it highly unlikely that she will abdicate, and there's no chance it will skip a generation.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: laoislad on December 17, 2014, 04:31:41 PM

Sure your county is named after her :)

Agent Orange

Can't see her stepping down, she is less than a year short of big Vickies record of 63 years 216 days. This time next year she'll be in the Guinness book of records, no way is she gonna miss out on appearing on record breakers and getting a telegram from Norris McWhirter.

deiseach

Quote from: Agent Orange on December 17, 2014, 04:43:09 PM
Can't see her stepping down, she is less than a year short of big Vickies record of 63 years 216 days. This time next year she'll be in the Guinness book of records, no way is she gonna miss out on appearing on record breakers and getting a telegram from Norris McWhirter.

And miss out on swapping notes with Norris on what it's like to have a close family member killed by the Provos? No chance!

Orior

And will you be lobbying your TD to change Laois back to its proper name?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on December 17, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

And will you be lobbying your TD to change Laois back to its proper name?

Leix?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Stewart Lee wrote the defining piece on the British Royal Family, IMO

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2011/apr/27/royal-wedding-secret-kate-wills

The arrangement of the 6,000-year-old circle, and the stone rows, burial chambers and mounds that surround it, is explicitly symbolic, explicitly sexual and explicitly ritualistic, and as such it shares the same transformative agenda as Friday's royal wedding.
In Avebury, the West Kennet Avenue, a long row of erotically paired stones, uncoils snake-like from the circle, as if to penetrate nearby Silbury Hill, a fecund 37-metre-high female belly, which rises from the marsh to meet it. The prince has taken his lowly bride from within this charged landscape, where our ancestors celebrated the union of man and woman in stone and earth, and began the communal processes that forged a nation from their descendents, the broken nation that William the Fisher King must now heal. Our shaman-prince could not have chosen a better receptacle for his magical purposes than Kate Middleton, a peasant-spawned serf-girl, sodden with the primordial mire of the Swindon-shadowed swamplands.
Secondly, in choosing a commoner for his bride, William gives hope to millions of socially disenfranchised Britons. Only two Tory generations ago, the prime minister Margaret Thatcher was proud to proclaim herself "a grocer's daughter". A mere 20 years since she passed power on to John Major, a garden gnome salesman with six O-levels, it is impossible to imagine either in government today, composed, as it is, principally of former members of the elite Oxford vomiting society the Bullingdon Club. The state-schools system is stretched to the limit; the withdrawal of further education grants deters poorer students; and government contributions to the Bookstart scheme, which gives books to children who might otherwise have none, have been halved. It is not possible to imagine a Thatcher ever getting out of Lincolnshire today, let alone becoming prime minister.
But in snatching Kate from the gutter, William stooped even lower than he would have done had he chosen Margaret Thatcher for his bride. Kate's parents aren't even grocers. They sell novelty hats and paper plates. It's no coincidence that as genuine social mobility in broken Britain is eroded, so commoners turn to the National Lottery, The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent. Winning them represents the only chance real people have to change their circumstances significantly. It could be you. And, like some giant illuminated penis flying over the rooftops of suburban homes and frothing at random passing women, William has pointed himself at Kate Middleton, the Susan Boyle of social mobility.
In declaring her his princess, he brings hope of real change to millions of people denied a decent education and the means to better themselves, to millions of tiny babies denied even books, that one day they too could be randomly rewarded with untold wealth and privilege.
The wedding of my wife and I was a small affair, with 40 or so guests. We were not required to arrange our day along magical or symbolic lines, though admittedly some aspects of the Catholic wedding ceremony confused me, and my wife is yet to explain the tradition whereby I have been obliged ever since to sleep alone each night on the toilet. But as a symbolic figure, poor Prince William's wedding is hostage to political expediency. Consider the faces he will see as he and Kate make their solemn vows.
From the world of government, the prime minister and Mrs David Cameron, and the deputy prime minister and Ms Miriam González Durántez, holding whichever suit the prime minister has chosen not to wear; from the faith communities, the Reverend Gregorius, Anil Bhanot, Malcolm Deeboo of the Zoroastrians, The Venerable Bogoda Seelawimala Nayaka Thera, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Optimus Prime, Yog-Sothoth, Captain Marvel and Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor; and from the twin spheres of entertainment and sport, Mr Ben Fogle, Mr David Beckham and Mrs David Beckham, Mr Madonna Louise Ciccone, and Sir Elton Hercules John and Mr Sir Elton Hercules John. Candles in the wind all.
But as he gazes at this golden shower of dignitaries, it is William who will have the last guffaw. He knows that this was not so much a wedding as a psychic rescue operation, a healing ritual for broken Britain, a pantomime of hope for the terminally hopeless. In taking Kate Middleton as his bride, Prince William, more than anyone in any position of power in Britain today, has tried at least to do something to help. I hope sincerely that both of them are very happy.

stew

Quote from: Black Card on April 15, 2014, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 15, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

If no one knows then you cannot rule out the possibility of an entity that is different to us and that we do not comprehend.

An supreme entity that has always existed, and always will - that's not beyond comprehension, that's in the Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy realm.  Scientists currently believe that life on Earth may have started by asteroids colliding with the earth delivering water and the building blocks for life, I am sure as science advances most of the mysteries will be explained.

Scientists cannot explain how for every billion particles of anti matter there were a billion and one particles of matter.

Science cannot explain what lies at the bottom of a black hole!

Science cannot explain how the universe survived in plank time when the math suggests it should have imploded in on itself.

Science is far from perfect because man is behind it's findings and man is far from perfect!

The odds that we sit in the goldilocks zone are in the billions yet here we sit!

I have no interest in demeaning athiests, I think they are wrong but I respect their right to think what they like about faith and God in particular!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Eamonnca1

Science doesn't claim to have all the answers and never has done. If science could explain everything then what would be the point of science? For every question it answers it produces more questions.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on December 18, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: Black Card on April 15, 2014, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 15, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

If no one knows then you cannot rule out the possibility of an entity that is different to us and that we do not comprehend.

An supreme entity that has always existed, and always will - that's not beyond comprehension, that's in the Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy realm.  Scientists currently believe that life on Earth may have started by asteroids colliding with the earth delivering water and the building blocks for life, I am sure as science advances most of the mysteries will be explained.

Scientists cannot explain how for every billion particles of anti matter there were a billion and one particles of matter.

Science cannot explain what lies at the bottom of a black hole!

Science cannot explain how the universe survived in plank time when the math suggests it should have imploded in on itself.

Science is far from perfect because man is behind it's findings and man is far from perfect!

The odds that we sit in the goldilocks zone are in the billions yet here we sit!

I have no interest in demeaning athiests, I think they are wrong but I respect their right to think what they like about faith and God in particular!

What does any of this have to do with the British Royal Family? The answer is nothing.

(See how these tangent things work?)