Unionist wants GAA jerseys banned from universities

Started by blewuporstuffed, April 08, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

First off, hat tip to screenexile for the gussy pics ;) much appreciated.

As for Jim Allister, this is the same type of pretentious p***k that would support hundreds of loyalists gathering to march through villages like Rasharkin and think nothing of it re feelings of people that actually live there.

I'm sure there are more pressing issues to be worrying him, for example the poor academic achievement of young working class males in his 'community'. Maybe if he made a better effort to address this there wouldn't be the situation where a few students feel offended by GAA jerseys.

It's borderline pathetic that a university like UUJ with such a strong reputation for it's sporting excellence is considering these moves based on the rant of some gobshite bigot still stuck in the 1690s.

EC Unique

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 08, 2014, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2014, 03:54:07 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 08, 2014, 03:46:05 PM
QuoteI'd ban all the tops, they do in most gyms anyway so what's the problem? We've banned them years ago at work and the students just get on with it

This kind of thing is ridiculous. In universities and gyms all over the world people wear sportswear. And universities in particular have no place banning things, it is not Iran.

Works for us, a lot of people in this (Norn Iron) place are very sensitive about colours, ya wouldn't believe it i know but people have ended up getting their heads kicked in for wearing different coloured football tops!! I mean ya couldn't make it up.

Honestly though I couldn't care less, I worked in a place that was decked out in Union jacks the size of soccer pitches, means nothing to me, others? hmmm well some people might be

so do we ban all soccer /rugby jersies as well?
do we stop people wearing poppies?

Like I said it works for us, as the kids I look after have problems with lads from the 'other' side and this could result in some lad getting a kicking (it's happened before), some places have a duty of care to their students, now I wouldn't want to deal with a student getting a hiding and then explain this to their parents.

Norn Iron unfortunately is full of smicks who'll give someone a kicking based on their tops, EC would be going ape shit in Liverpool given half the chance ;)

Should they be banned? No should we have normal lives where our children wear what they want, express views without reprisals? Yeah course we do, but this is Norn Iron and some cnut is always going to be offended by some other cnut
I don't think Everton jerseys would bother me that much.

Eamonnca1

So would you not be allowed to wear the UUJ Gaelic football top then?

At my university people walked around in sweatshirts with the name of their club on the back.  I don't know what the setup is at UUJ but would they have to allow all athletes representing the college to wear that kind of sweatshirt, all except the footballers?

EC Unique

This reminds me of the best thread this board ever had.... The Mucksavage thread. It was class.

DownFanatic

Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2014, 08:52:53 PM
This reminds me of the best thread this board ever had.... The Mucksavage thread. It was class.

I think I started that one :)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

QuoteWho the feck is she!?!

Show us a picture with the jersey removed to see how Jim Allister's plan would work.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on April 08, 2014, 10:22:35 PM

Show us a picture with the jersey removed to see how Jim Allister's plan would work.

+ 10000
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

+ 10000
And if she was your daughter, you would feel the same?

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on April 08, 2014, 10:47:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

+ 10000
And if she was your daughter, you would feel the same?

I would if she was wearing a bloody Tipp jersey!
MWWSI 2017

Brick Tamlin

Its been said before, and il say it again.
RESURECT THE FOOKIN MUCKSAVAGE THREAD.
Tyrone & Derry mucksavvi were huge culprits and main drivers in this area.

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 08, 2014, 10:54:46 PM
Its been said before, and il say it again.
RESURECT THE FOOKIN MUCKSAVAGE THREAD.
Tyrone & Derry mucksavvi were huge culprits and main drivers in this area.

I have it saved lads if anyone wants it. Pm me...its fcukin hilarious.
The Aristocrat Years