Unionist wants GAA jerseys banned from universities

Started by blewuporstuffed, April 08, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2014, 07:38:29 PM
And unless the SU has refused to allow a box of Lillies and a collection box sit on their counter

So theoretically would you support selling lillies in supermarkets and shared facilities such as universities?
If so I'll buy you one and send it to you for next year to wear proudly.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2014, 06:08:56 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 08, 2014, 12:44:35 AM
Wouldn't go as far as to say maguire was thick but his comments on 06 politics lack historical knowledge as he wasn't there for the wonderful experience it was - he's lucky in many respects.
Still there's no issue with his tuppence worth - even though he's an sdlp man and soon to be DUalliance ! ;)
Ah, that old chestnut again, despite the fact that i've lived in NI since the 1980s, and the fact that many people who lived here throughout the worst of it share similar views to myself.

Not to mention the fact that i'm countering the views of some students who were probably in nappies when the GFA agreement was signed, and as such, by your argument, must be totally ignorant.
Civility works both ways!

Yep that old chestnut alright.
You did miss out on being there when most of not all the 'craic' was going on effectively by your own admission.
Yes you obv are entitled to an opinion- as we all are, but don't act all sage when discussing times when you were nowhere near the place! That's all.

I'd also agree with Main Street that allowing the sale of poppies is to sponsor their sale.
Easter lollies or poppies shouldn't be on sale in a SU
IMO

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 08, 2014, 09:06:24 PM
Wouldn't go as far as to say maguire was thick but his comments on 06 politics lack historical knowledge as he wasn't there for the wonderful experience it was - he's lucky in many respects.
Still there's no issue with his tuppence worth - even though he's an sdlp man and soon to be DUalliance ! ;)
Ah, that old chestnut again, despite the fact that i've lived in NI since the 1980s, and the fact that many people who lived here throughout the worst of it share similar views to myself.

Not to mention the fact that i'm countering the views of some students who were probably in nappies when the GFA agreement was signed, and as such, by your argument, must be totally ignorant.
Have i not been civil?

You did miss out on being there when most of not all the 'craic' was going on effectively by your own admission.
Yes you obv are entitled to an opinion- as we all are, but don't act all sage when discussing times when you were nowhere near the place! That's all.
Who's acting all sage? I'm giving my opinion. It's perfectly valid.

IMO
I don't agree. If a student has been off sweets for all of Lent, I have no problem with them being able to buy an Easter lolly in the SU.

theticklemister

Main Street knocked it on the head on the last page.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2014, 10:17:52 PM

Have i not been civil?

IMO
I don't agree. If a student has been off sweets for all of Lent, I have no problem with them being able to buy an Easter lolly in the SU.
Ice lollies or lolly pops?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 10, 2014, 11:28:01 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2014, 10:17:52 PM

Have i not been civil?

IMO
Ice lollies or lolly pops?

I don't think it would make any difference so long as they were green and not orange!