Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 11:54:58 AM
I honestly think most counties (especially those from Leinster and Mayo) have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to playing the Dubs. Ulster counties thrive on it. Who wouldnt want to play in front of 80,000 people with the hill booing and jeering. Thats what its all about and to beat them (Donegal 92, Derry 93, Down 94, Armagh 02, Tyrone 05) against the odds, gives a player no better feeling!!

We have won 2 of our last 3 Championship matches against them. Our problem is Finals, and maybe Kerry, not the Dubs.
MWWSI 2017

Dont Matter

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:15:47 PM
how can anyone justifty a laois man taking other lads jobs in newstalk......................under cutting weasal

Deflection as usual, can any Dub mention the 1.5 million yearly, nevermind actually discuss the topic?  ;D I think they're embarrassed and ashamed that they can't win titles on their own but they wont admit it. Sad really.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 01:20:20 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:15:47 PM
how can anyone justifty a laois man taking other lads jobs in newstalk......................under cutting weasal

Deflection as usual, can any Dub mention the 1.5 million yearly, nevermind actually discuss the topic?  ;D I think they're embarrassed and ashamed that they can't win titles on their own but they wont admit it. Sad really.

Roll out your stats there in regards to revenue generated from season tickets, ticket sales, and jerseys sales in relation to Dublin Gaa yearly ???

Dont Matter

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:25:24 PM
Roll out your stats there in regards to revenue generated from season tickets, ticket sales, and jerseys sales in relation to Dublin Gaa yearly ???

You get your fair share back from that, 1.5million for games development isn't fair, wouldn't you agree?
Garth Brooks is going to generate plenty of revenue for the GAA, should we hand him an All Ireland medal too?
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 01:29:59 PM

You get your fair share back from that, 1.5million for games development isn't fair, wouldn't you agree?
Garth Brooks is going to generate plenty of revenue for the GAA, should we hand him an All Ireland medal too?

We can always give Longford a cut of the devlopment monies that have been poured into lapis hurling in the last four years if you like. You think you've improved by just giving the lads tea and biscuits after training you hypocrite.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 01:29:59 PM

Do not cloud your issues with the GAA in general into pure hatred for Dublin. Also Id imagine that since your a lover of stats and banging them out that the majority of the bafoons going to see that chancer Brooks are from the country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The majority of dublin folk living and working, commuting around the croke park area would rather his concerts were somewere else ...................................alas you as a laois man should really share your concerns with our gaa president a laois man none the less who continues to push the association into a corporation

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on April 22, 2014, 12:58:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2014, 11:54:58 AM
I honestly think most counties (especially those from Leinster and Mayo) have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to playing the Dubs. Ulster counties thrive on it. Who wouldnt want to play in front of 80,000 people with the hill booing and jeering. Thats what its all about and to beat them (Donegal 92, Derry 93, Down 94, Armagh 02, Tyrone 05) against the odds, gives a player no better feeling!!

Plenty of non-Ulster teams beat them during this period.

No only Ulster teams have beat Dublin in Croke Park in Championship in the last 25 seasons! ;)
They have the upper hand on them. ;)

They have a great record against the Dubs over the last ten years. ;)

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 01:35:24 PM
We can always give Longford a cut of the devlopment monies that have been poured into lapis hurling in the last four years if you like. You think you've improved by just giving the lads tea and biscuits after training you hypocrite.

;D Still no Dub will actually talk about the 1.5 million yearly. If you want to ask about Laois hurling then there's a thread in the hurling section you can do it in.
Anything to say about the financial cheating from Dublin in the last decade or so?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 22, 2014, 01:38:32 PM
Do not cloud your issues with the GAA in general into pure hatred for Dublin. Also Id imagine that since your a lover of stats and banging them out that the majority of the bafoons going to see that chancer Brooks are from the country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The majority of dublin folk living and working, commuting around the croke park area would rather his concerts were somewere else ...................................alas you as a laois man should really share your concerns with our gaa president a laois man none the less who continues to push the association into a corporation

I think at this stage it's obvious that the Dubs feel a bit guilty about being bought success but can't bring themselves to talk about it. Thay can't face up to the reality of it all and are lashing out. Poor things need counselling I feel.  ;D
Even poor Garth Brooks fans get bashed by this Dub, still nothing to say about the 1.5million yearly received by Dublin?
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 01:53:56 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 01:35:24 PM

;D Still no Dub will actually talk about the 1.5 million yearly. If you want to ask about Laois hurling then there's a thread in the hurling section you can do it in.
Anything to say about the financial cheating from Dublin in the last decade or so?

Not getting into a debate with a hypocrite. Your point would be valid if your own county wasn't benefitting from the same structure. Why should Laois hurling get more than Carlow?

sheamy

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 01:12:49 PM
Quote from: sheamy on April 22, 2014, 11:47:50 AM
Lads, this is nonsense. Every team loves Croke Park. I'm fairly sure the Derry players will relish going to play them there on Sunday and wouldn't want it anywhere else. Playing the Dubs in Croke Park is where you want to be.

The Dubs are putting in a lot of work at grassroots and should be commended. At the end of the day you put 26 names down on a sheet of paper and play a game at senior level. All the underage titles in the world don't count at that point.

The only thing which is a bit of a joke is the fact that they are getting a centre of excellence for no cost. That's poor when you consider the fundraising efforts of other counties.

You don't think having a conveyor belt of underage talent helps in winning at senior level.  ;D Just forget about it.

I say one thing and you hear another. Are you female by any chance?

Of course a conveyor belt of talent is important. Winning titles, however, is absolutely no guarantee or even a reliable indicator of senior success.

Your Dublin obsession is a bit worrying.

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 22, 2014, 02:11:02 PM
Not getting into a debate with a hypocrite. Your point would be valid if your own county wasn't benefitting from the same structure. Why should Laois hurling get more than Carlow?

Deflection, the last resort, as I always say it's like Bertie, imitating your hero.  ;D

Dublin got 1,509,631 last year for games development, Laois got 49,514, Carlow got 45,978. Now which team is getting an unfair advantage?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: sheamy on April 22, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

Of course a conveyor belt of talent is important. Winning titles, however, is absolutely no guarantee or even a reliable indicator of senior success.

Want me to put up my table again? Dublin's improvement at underage is in direct correlation to the money received and has led to increased success at senior level in both football and hurling. This is fact.

Can you justify the money they're getting? You can't, no one can. If it was Kerry, Derry, Down, Waterford, Leitrim or any county involved in this sort of financial cheating I'd be saying the very same thing, it's Dublin who are cheating so it's Dublin who get mentioned in my posts. Easy to understand?
Peter Quinn

sheamy

I don't need to see the table again.

The whole thing is public information.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Annual_Congress_Final_Report2.pdf

Page 124.

The largest spend on coaching and games looks to be on Dublin, Derry, Cork and Antrim. With those counties having the largest cities in Ireland, it's hardly surprising. I haven't done the sums but per head of population, would they be that far out?

The population of Dublin is about 1.2 million, roughly.
The population of Derry City is about 100k, roughly.

That factor of 12 or so seems to come out in the accounts.

Good to see the two biggest cheating counties in Ireland meeting on Sunday.

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 22, 2014, 02:39:56 PM
Quote from: sheamy on April 22, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

Want me to put up my table again? Dublin's improvement at underage is in direct correlation to the money received and has led to increased success at senior level in both football and hurling. This is fact.

Can you justify the money they're getting? You can't, no one can. If it was Kerry, Derry, Down, Waterford, Leitrim or any county involved in this sort of financial cheating I'd be saying the very same thing, it's Dublin who are cheating so it's Dublin who get mentioned in my posts. Easy to understand?

Can you justify laois getting 250k per annum for it's hurling programme in contrast to the Longford county board who get nothing?
All of Carlow , laois , Westmeath and Antrim are in receipt of this . I want you to tell me why laois are more entitled to it then Longford