Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2014, 12:59:34 PM
Yeah, we could have build a 45,000 seater stadium in Tullamore. what other counties went with proper, costed coaching plans, and got kicked back?

Yes, I forget who now, it's been a few years since I heard but a county came with a plan and was told no.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 01:06:09 PM
Yeah, we could have build a 45,000 seater stadium in Tullamore. what other counties went with proper, costed coaching plans, and got kicked back?

Yes, I forget who now, it's been a few years since I heard but a county came with a plan and was told no.

OK, that's a bit milk and watery. A few years ago a county came with a plan and were told no. If it was a proper, costed plan, with the steps outlined and explained, and it got kicked back then that's not fair. However, if it was a county with a plan to spend a pile of money and "improve standards" then I'd not be surprised if it was kicked back.

Dont Matter

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 08, 2014, 01:16:42 PM
OK, that's a bit milk and watery. A few years ago a county came with a plan and were told no. If it was a proper, costed plan, with the steps outlined and explained, and it got kicked back then that's not fair. However, if it was a county with a plan to spend a pile of money and "improve standards" then I'd not be surprised if it was kicked back.

I'll search for details later but if you think any team would have got close to what Dublin received then you're badly mistaken. Peter quinn spoke of the plan to make profits from Dublin, Seán Kelly did also. This was a plan to invest in Dublin and get returns on that investment. It has left us with the situation that Dublin are not competing on a level playing field.
Peter Quinn

heffo

I'll let you decide what actually happened AZ.

Four counties made costed, detailed proposals late last year, early this year and all four were successful - Laois, Carlow, Westmeath & Antrim

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on April 08, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

Four counties made costed, detailed proposals late last year, early this year and all four were successful - Laois, Carlow, Westmeath & Antrim

1 million to split between them, for years barely anything has gone into hurling in these counties. They had to soldier on themselves while the Dubs had paid development officers all over their county.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 01:33:03 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 08, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

1 million to split between them, for years barely anything has gone into hurling in these counties. They had to soldier on themselves while the Dubs had paid development officers all over their county.

It's mind over matter

We don't mind because you don't matter

INDIANA

Cameroon perhaps ?

Face it this phantom county doesn't exist

highorlow

God bless Bertie he was ahead of his time. Bring back the bowl.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 01:24:59 PM

I'll search for details later but if you think any team would have got close to what Dublin received then you're badly mistaken. Peter quinn spoke of the plan to make profits from Dublin, Seán Kelly did also. This was a plan to invest in Dublin and get returns on that investment. It has left us with the situation that Dublin are not competing on a level playing field.

Don't bother. We all know it didn't happen.

Rather than complain about Dublin counties need to get their own houses in order and compete with them. There are plenty of development officers all over the country - are they all being used efficiently or as efficiently as in Dublin? Dublin GAA was pretty much in the doldrums for a long time before they got their act together - only the sheer size of the county meant they were competitive. Dublin have addressed their deficiencies and rightly been backed financially. Good luck to them.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2014, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: bucko on April 07, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Considering the fact the the GAA announced with much fanfare that they had cleared the debt on Croker and they will be due several big pay days with the 1 Direction and Garth Brooks concert the argument for them holding as many matches there as possible doesn't really hold much water anymore. The decision to hold the league semis there this weekend is beyond reason. The fact that the Cork, Mayo and Derry supporters have 2-3 hour trips to make plus associated transport, food etc. costs is a major show of inconsideration by the GAA. In contrast, the average Dub supporter can have the Sunday dinner, out the door and be in Croker inside an hour on public transport. From my information Croke park needs an attendance if at least 30000 to break even, I would be surprised if they came close to that Sunday, especially since Sunday week is Easter where I'd say a lot of people have travel plans made for and won't want to do long trips 2 weekends in a row. Logic would've had the Dublin/Cork game in Portlaoise and Derry/Mayo in Sligo or Cavan, making day trips for all sets of supporters easier along with giving a bit of an economic boost locally. As far as the longer term goes, regardless of what officials say, the Dublin players and supporters regard Croke park as home turf, and that always carries a advantage. Dublin should be made play away more in the Leinster championship. It might actually benefit the players, the supporters might have great day out down the country and the local pubs, shops would get a bit of the cash that normally flows into headquarters and the surrounding area!

Lads who are ye coddin, this would be a disaster for all concerned.

Most of the jacks have never been outside their home patch, as Dustin said I've never been to Meath. Majority of the unwashed can't read so they'd be bound to get lost. Better off leaving the stretchy faced f**kers to collect their disability payments in peace and spend it in the celtic bar or some other knackerhole off o'connell street.

As for the culchies, sure why would be inviting crime down upon ourselves and what about kids picking up the needles after these lads

Leave well enough alone

Surely you are fecking joking, or has the smell of silage gone to ones head

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on April 08, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
It's mind over matter

Of course you don't mind, I'd never accuse a Dub of having morals! Their junkies will rob you on their streets, while their bankers rob you while you sleeps.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2014, 02:23:39 PM
Don't bother. We all know it didn't happen.

Rather than complain about Dublin counties need to get their own houses in order and compete with them. There are plenty of development officers all over the country - are they all being used efficiently or as efficiently as in Dublin? Dublin GAA was pretty much in the doldrums for a long time before they got their act together - only the sheer size of the county meant they were competitive. Dublin have addressed their deficiencies and rightly been backed financially. Good luck to them.

It did happen.

You completely ignored my response to you earlier pointing out exactly how Dublin have improved in football and hurling. Obviously because there's no way of denying the truth of my statements. Dublin have been bought All Irelands. FACT!!!
Peter Quinn

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 04:29:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 08, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
It's mind over matter

Of course you don't mind, I'd never accuse a Dub of having morals! Their junkies will rob you on their streets, while their bankers rob you while you sleeps.

No country folk with drug problems or corrupt country bankers or builders ????

You are a complete nut job, you should contact your brethern Parkinson on Twitter there with your concerns, ya know the one who done a few lads out of a job and is running around Newstalk in the capital

laoislad

Considering the fact the the GAA announced with much fanfare that they had cleared the debt on Croker and they will be due several big pay days with the 1 Direction and Garth Brooks concert the argument for them holding as many matches there as possible doesn't really hold much water anymore. The decision to hold the league semis there this weekend is beyond reason. The fact that the Cork, Mayo and Derry supporters have 2-3 hour trips to make plus associated transport, food etc. costs is a major show of inconsideration by the GAA. In contrast, the average Dub supporter can have the Sunday dinner, out the door and be in Croker inside an hour on public transport. From my information Croke park needs an attendance if at least 30000 to break even, I would be surprised if they came close to that Sunday, especially since Sunday week is Easter where I'd say a lot of people have travel plans made for and won't want to do long trips 2 weekends in a row. Logic would've had the Dublin/Cork game in Portlaoise and Derry/Mayo in Sligo or Cavan, making day trips for all sets of supporters easier along with giving a bit of an economic boost locally. As far as the longer term goes, regardless of what officials say, the Dublin players and supporters regard Croke park as home turf, and that always carries a advantage. Dublin should be made play away more in the Leinster championship. It might actually benefit the players, the supporters might have great day out down the country and the local pubs, shops would get a bit of the cash that normally flows into headquarters and the surrounding area!

Most of the jacks have never been outside their home patch, as Dustin said I've never been to Meath. Majority of the unwashed can't read so they'd be bound to get lost. Better off leaving the stretchy faced f**kers to collect their disability payments in peace and spend it in the celtic bar or some other knackerhole off o'connell street.

As for the culchies, sure why would be inviting crime down upon ourselves and what about kids picking up the needles after these lads

Leave well enough alone
;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 08, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

Leave well enough alone

Surely you are fecking joking, or has the smell of silage gone to ones head

Silage?? sure the cattle are being let out now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.