Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

ross4life

Well spotted Shrewdness & i can't let the night go without another (my 10,000'th) post.  Poor use of the bench was puzzling today we did the same against Tyrone minors, its not like we don't have plenty of talent on it O'Rourke,Gleeson,Killoran etc.. Conor Daly failed a fitness test just before throw in if he was that close to starting he must be in with a chance to feature in two weeks.

The Dubs on here trying to make us favourites  ;D current odds Dublin U21 evens Roscommon U21 evens. Its clear by the time the final comes around Dublin will be favourites but at least we won't have disrespectful odds on us this time like 2012 U-21 final. Also i think you guys are a little unfair to Cavan what i saw was some superb defending and workrate from them and the game could have went either way.

Quote from: Zulu on April 19, 2014, 07:30:05 PM
Brian Hurley has been been a star for a while now. I hope the two boys become huge stars but today they looked a bit one-sided. I they are not, then great, if they are then they need to work on it.
I'm not one to measure our forwards to guys that have experience of div one level football/training but did Hurley make it onto the College team of the year and scored 10 points in All Ireland semi final at just 19 (turned 19 in Feb). For example the U-21 game against Mayo showed another side of the super talent that Murtagh is.  We hope that our seniors can someday rise to that level of football & give the likes of Smith,Murtagh the opportunity to showcase their skills.
-----------------------------

Special mention for Ultan Harney this is a guy that isn't fit & awaiting an operation. His display today was truly inspirational, it's hard to believe he doesn't turn 19 until November a special talent with loads of potential.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Ultan drilled his goal with so much power it came out so fast I though it had hit the post. His point in the first half was pure class too. The lad is something special. He bet a highly regarded Cork midfield without play a full game of football in how long?

Hopefully he can rest easy and get healthy after this day two weeks and concentrate on the Leaving Cert (!).

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2014, 11:41:20 PM
Ultan drilled his goal with so much power it came out so fast I though it had hit the post. His point in the first half was pure class too. The lad is something special. He bet a highly regarded Cork midfield without play a full game of football in how long?

But has he played a match on a Cumann na Mbunscoil pitch? thats the key

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on April 19, 2014, 11:42:33 PM

Has Jack ever tried to jink his way through the like of our subs bench before?

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2014, 11:51:36 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 19, 2014, 11:42:33 PM

Has Jack ever tried to jink his way through the like of our subs bench before?

Jack floats Syferus. He doesn't jink, he levitates above the ground.

Captain Obvious

Hard to luck Cavan had the beating of Dublin however lost the belief in the final ten minutes.

Syferus

What's the story with Emmet, Indiana? I know he's been injured, he didn't look himself today. Fully fit he's a sight to behold.

SLIGONIAN

I have a lot time for ros folk on here but I cydtnt ignore the shite that went on today good luck in the. Final ladds hope tee do it, I'm on a stag and I'm saying g that on a stag , pls beat the dibs
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 20, 2014, 12:42:34 AM
I have a lot time for ros folk on here but I cydtnt ignore the shite that went on today good luck in the. Final ladds hope tee do it, I'm on a stag and I'm saying g that on a stag , pls beat the dibs

Post of the decade, Sligonian!

We'll do our best to do a Galway and not a Mayo.

Throw ball

Watched the Cavan v Dublin game to cheer on our Ulster neighbours but ended up cheering for the Dubs. Cavan had the winning of the game but instead of trying to win it in the last 10 they decided to continue with the defensive set up. In the Ulster final they showed that when they had to they could play in an attacking fashion. Over the last 4 years at under age Cavan have shown an effective gameplan to win matches even if they do not have the best players. Undoubtedly they are the best prepared under 21 set up. Cavan needed a run like this to restore faith in their county football. I feel now, however, they have to take the step to give talented forwards a platform if they want to make real progress at senior.

Cavan people may blame the referee for defeat - Westside apart - but in reality it was their own fault. Today the referee made mistakes but IMO he gave one of the better performances of the year so far. The black card given was a 70:30 call so it is hard to argue with it. The Cavan number 6 was extremely lucky he did not get a black card when TV replays seemed to show him deliberately pulling down the Dublin 13. The free at the end was one that is normally given and the referee played the advantage rule as it is.

The scenes at the end disgraced Cavan football and I would be embarrassed if it was my county. No referee should endure such abuse from players and supporters alike. I would hope an apology is forthcoming.

Bod Mor

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

Best of luck Roscommon in the final, except you ya child.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

Do a Ros...it'll feel better if ye manage it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mylestheslasher

Devastated for our lads yesterday. They played the right tactics no matter what Indiana says, the Dubs had pace and quality all over the pitch and I have no doubt if it became a shoot out Dublin would have won with ease. Unfortunately a number of key things went against us. Conor Moynagh was the best player on the pitch for 15 mins before he got injured, that was a brutal blow to us. Then the key calls the referee made went against us (please save me the bullshit that he had a good game)

1 - Dillon gets fouled 30m straight in front of the posts, ref is behind the play and puts his hand in the air. There is no advantage as Cavan have no one inside but they play on as they dont know the ref has his hand in the air. 5s later, Cavan have gone nowhere and the clown puts his hand down. There was no bloody advantage, its a free in and a gimme point to Cavan. Cavan kick a wide under pressure.

2- Black card to Dillon. While he did pull the guy down I don't think this was why the rule was brought in as it was hardly cynical, the ball was loose and both men were running towards it. Dillon jumped over the defender and pulled him down. By the letter of the law, yes a black card, but if you  exercise a bit of cop on then its not. A ref with cop on seems to be banned.

3 - No Black card to McHugh. This is the foul the rule was brought in for. Player beats his man and runs with intent toward the Dublin half and is pulled down. If the ref decides its a foul to Cavan then it is a black card. If he decides Moynagh pulled the Dublin player down then it is a free to Dublin and a black card to Moynagh. Because he hasn;t the balls to make a call he decides free to Cavan and yellow card. McHugh scores the equaliser and gets man of the match.

4 - Advantage rule to Dublin for McHughs equaliser. There was no foul and he gets his advantage and then misses, the ref gives him the tap over free. Compare to No 1 above. No consistency.

5 - Winning free. Harsh free but surely given the Dublin player emerged with the ball he should have put his hand up and played advantage, allowing the Dublin player to play on like he did for No 1 above. Nope, he correctly decided a free in was a scorable chance and there could be no advantage. No consistency.

6- 2 mins of injury time called during which there are 30-40s of injury time. This bright hope of a referee cannot add on this time.

I don't mind being beaten by the better team, and Dublin were, but I am seriously pissed off where a referee has such a bearing on a game in which only a last minute free separated the teams. The GAA powers that be that selected this referee should also be ashamed. This was an All Ireland Semi final and a quick look at the refs pen picture in the program will tell you this referee was too junior. Last referred an U21 match 13 months ago, the 1/4 final in Munster! This year refereed a Few McGrath cup games, a railway cup semi and a few national league games (no doubt in lower divisions). Does that sound like a fella ready for an AI semi final. The guy in the 1st game was also abysmal.

As for the cavan fans. Yes it was not pretty at the end of the match but for f**k sake we were all pissed off with him and tempers were frayed. He had a bearing on the result he should not have had. No one was injured in the incident so lets not blow it out of proportion. I've no doubt he will be fast tracked now to referee bigger games and be just as woeful as your Marty Duffy's and Maurice Deegans.

Roscommon played a great game, have some really nice footballers but seem to have a weak defense. It was an exciting game against Cork. I think though Dublin will be a much tougher test for them if they continue to be as open defensively. Such make for a good spectacle anyway and good luck to both teams.

Itchy

It was a great call by the GAA to have the game in Portlaoise to be fair to the 6 Cork fans who attended.

heffo

Some people in Cavan really let themselves down yesterday not least this joker

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/cavan-boss-maybe-dublin-is-a-team-the-gaa-want-to-win-628329.html

Dubs need their shooting boots on for the next day or the mighty Ros will steamroll us