GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

I'll be flying so I'll miss them anyway.

For anyone with kids though, it's hard to head off to the pub for the day, it might be a frosty enough reception when you get back...

sheamy

It's absolute bollocks is what it is. The most anticipated games of the year so far and only available behind a pay wall. I know there's no entitlement to see games etc etc but it's still really shit.

AZOffaly

The most anticipated games of the year so far?

sheamy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2014, 12:04:42 PM
The most anticipated games of the year so far?

That's subjective of course :)

Brick Tamlin

Its bullshit is what it is.

Hereiam I feel your pain.
Time to call in reinforcements to look after the kids for a while lol.
Personally il be up early tomorrow morning and il be Father and husband of the Year right up until a half hour before throw in.
I might even do a bit of ironing or hoovering or do something really impressive like red out an oul room full of cr@p.
Come footie time il be droppin everything and getting my game face on to roar at the tv.

southdown

Brick, you seem to know how to work these weeeeeeeeeman well, fair play!

Applesisapples

Leaving aside the pay per view argument, sky's coverage has been very refreshing. I like Sennan Connell and even wee Pete. Fair play to Canavan that he speaks in his every day accent and dialect. Good to hear.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 11, 2014, 03:03:34 PM
Leaving aside the pay per view argument, sky's coverage has been very refreshing. I like Sennan Connell and even wee Pete. Fair play to Canavan that he speaks in his every day accent and dialect. Good to hear.

I actually don't think it is anything special, certainly not the cutting edge that many expected.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

sheamy

Agree. Don't get it at all. Certainly not what it was talked up to be. Senan Connell is the GAA's Andy Townsend.

Applesisapples

Quote from: sheamy on August 11, 2014, 03:18:45 PM
Agree. Don't get it at all. Certainly not what it was talked up to be. Senan Connell is the GAA's Andy Townsend.
A go'on with ye, he is not that bad.

BennyHarp

Senan Connell is infinitely better than Brolly and Spillane. At least Sky analyse the matches and look at the tactics etc that are being played out. RTE just comment on whether it's a good game or not (usually critical), pick a few controversial incidents and throw out a few standard generalisations about the counties involved.
That was never a square ball!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2014, 03:26:31 PM
Senan Connell is infinitely better than Brolly and Spillane. At least Sky analyse the matches and look at the tactics etc that are being played out. RTE just comment on whether it's a good game or not (usually critical), pick a few controversial incidents and throw out a few standard generalisations about the counties involved.
Not to mention the standard bickering between Brolly and O'Rourke.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 11, 2014, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 11, 2014, 03:26:31 PM
Not to mention the standard bickering between Brolly and O'Rourke.
I agree, i much prefer the Sky build up and analysis that the usual rubbish from RTE and the 3 Nuala's
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sheamy

All these people were on TV3. The only difference is everyone has to pay for it now.

southdown

What sticks out for me is how Sky are very positive about every game, whereas RTE can be quite negative at times.

Plus Rachael is good on the eye ;D