GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

As far as I know you just need the Sky App and can pay £9.99 for it and watch it on your iPad. Premier Sports can just be added as a stand alone channel without any others, but not sure if they still have semi final and final rights now though.
That was never a square ball!!

Ringfort

Cheers BennyHarp. I actually don't think I have Virgin for TV , must be just for the internet. Switched it on there and couldn't see any sign of it being Virgin. FFS where's the wife when you need her  :o  ;D
So that's PremSports as a stand alone out the window. Will look into this app business and hopefully it will allow me to see the climax to the championship at least and I might pay the 60 for the GAAGO games yet. It's not a terrible price.
I understand most people are covered through already having Sky and/or close proximity to a decent public house but for me it's an overly complicated backward step from last year added to the fact that in its first year with them the GAA have allowed Sky a virtual monopoly on August/September games in the UK which is a very negative step in my opinion and perhaps a sign of things to come. Their ethos is from a different universe and not worth it just so the likes of the cringeworthy Des Cahill and Martin Carney can be marginalised.

rrhf

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: rrhf on June 17, 2014, 10:34:33 PM
When s the highlights show. 

Tonight at 7pm on Sky Sports 4 or 10pm on Sky Sports 3.

Anyone know what first round qualifer match Sky are showing? On GAA.ie it says that RTE are showing Laois v Fermanagh on Saturday. I thought RTE didn't have qualifer games?

AZOffaly

FermGael

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 18, 2014, 12:00:04 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 17, 2014, 10:34:33 PM
When s the highlights show. 

Tonight at 7pm on Sky Sports 4 or 10pm on Sky Sports 3.

Anyone know what first round qualifer match Sky are showing? On GAA.ie it says that RTE are showing Laois v Fermanagh on Saturday. I thought RTE didn't have qualifer games?

Live on Rte. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Croí na hÉireann

Anyone watched the Sky Sports highlights show? Any good?

Believe RTE are going back to the Breaking Ball format. FINALLY.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 19, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

It does what it says on the tin Croi, it shows a decent hour long highlights package of the weekends matches with no studio discussion. Not revolutionary but at least it's got plenty of action and no pundits.

Syferus

Anyone complaining about the pundits on the highlight shows clearly aren't watching the highlight shows.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on June 19, 2014, 06:01:16 PM
Anyone complaining about the pundits on the highlight shows clearly aren't watching the highlight shows.

Very profound!

Zulu

Sky sports have the Tipp v Kil/Gal qualifier game.

rosnarun

now the shit will hit the fan. the causal fan mostly
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 19, 2014, 05:59:16 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 19, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

It does what it says on the tin Croi, it shows a decent hour long highlights package of the weekends matches with no studio discussion. Not revolutionary but at least it's got plenty of action and no pundits.

So same as GAA 2014 on Monday nights on TG4 then?

Rossfan

More or less but without any Minor or U21s or the like.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Thanks lads. Not missing much by the sounds of it.