GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairyUlsterman

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2014, 08:46:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 07, 2014, 08:41:52 PM

He was taking the piss

there are too many of these piss takers on that sickening site twitter, i saw someone say today that they hope Brolly gets shot by the UVF and last week someone defending the shankill butchers killings

muppet

Quote from: hairyUlsterman on June 09, 2014, 12:17:17 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2014, 08:46:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 07, 2014, 08:41:52 PM

He was taking the piss

there are too many of these piss takers on that sickening site twitter, i saw someone say today that they hope Brolly gets shot by the UVF and last week someone defending the shankill butchers killings

You are following the wrong people.
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

So what's the next game on Sky?

Can't seem to find a schedule from them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Dublin-Wexford hurling next Sat., Sligo-Galway, following Sat., Armagh-Monaghan Sat. 28th.

WT4E

Quote from: Hardy on June 09, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
Dublin-Wexford hurling next Sat., Sligo-Galway, following Sat., Armagh-Monaghan Sat. 21st.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jinxy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 08, 2014, 08:04:27 PM
Some lad on Twitter asked "What on Earth is hurling" and got subjected to a barrage of abuse. The reaction of some GAA "fans" to first-time viewers asking perfectly civil questions is embarrassing. Social media really can bring out the dark side in people.

I dunno, wilful ignorance on social media kind of annoys me.
Like when fellas go on it to ask 'Who won the match?'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

How many watched it on 'The Mainland'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

hairyUlsterman

You are following the wrong people.
[/quote]

Martin McGuinness, though it wasn't Marty who said it, loads of loyalists and English people comment under every update he makes.

It was a Meath person who made the comment about Brolly.

BennyHarp

Quote from: roney on June 09, 2014, 04:12:46 PM
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/exclusive-32000-viewers-in-ireland-tune-into-skys-gaa-debut-30339999.html

Sky had 2.9% audience share in Ireland for Kilkenny v Offaly.

Great way to promote Gaelic games.

I'm surprised more people didn't tune in to watch a ritual mauling in the quarter final of the Leinster senior championship.
That was never a square ball!!

LeoMc

Quote from: roney on June 09, 2014, 04:12:46 PM
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/exclusive-32000-viewers-in-ireland-tune-into-skys-gaa-debut-30339999.html

Sky had 2.9% audience share in Ireland for Kilkenny v Offaly.

Great way to promote Gaelic games.
That is still more than turned up to watch it, I think I saw an empty seat or two.

imtommygunn

No harm to Offaly but that game was always going to be very one sided. The real test will be when the tighter games come along.

roney

Quote from: Jinxy on June 09, 2014, 04:19:58 PM
How many watched it on 'The Mainland'?

Seems to be around 14,000 in addition to the 32,000 watched it in Ireland.

It's alarming when you consider over 200,000 watched the last time the two were shown live on RTE.

So much for the bullshit about bringing the games to a wider audience .

AZOffaly

Viewing figures will always be higher on terrestrial. I don't think that was ever an argument. However it was 14,000 new viewers in the UK, I do expect the audience figures to grow in the UK based on the response to it.

I think Sky did a good job on the game they had, in difficult circumstances, and their positive, upbeat coverage is a marked contrast to RTE's slant on things.

Some people just don't want to give this a chance, fair enough, but I think those people are a smaller minority as time goes on.