russians mee arse...! wheres dustin hoffmann??

Started by lawnseed, March 24, 2014, 04:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

The Black Death was bubonic plague, carried by fleas and parasites on rodents. There's a really good account of its first appearance in the Mediterranean and Europe during the 700s in Tom Holland's "the Shadow of the Sword". It is essentially a disease of the lymph glands, with the glands swelling into buboes. It is a bacterial disease whereas the Ebola Virus is....you guessed it - a virus.

I don't know of any scientists who ever theorised that Ebola was responsible for the Black Death -especially as it is a hot zone virus.

The occurence of the bubonic plague in the 700s killed 50% of Europe's population and precipitated the Dark Ages. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BennyCake on March 24, 2014, 11:55:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2014, 10:47:15 AM
I was chatting with a top Doc from the College of Surgeons recently, who pointed out that a cure for heart disease or cancer was only a matter of time, as these were fairly fixed targets and new approaches were being developed all the time. He also said that a disease would wipe out the Human Race, as it evolves quickly and no research can be conducted that fast.  As we now live in cities and have air travel etc, we are ripe targets.

It makes you think.

I am 100% certain that there already is a cure for cancer.

Really? Cancer is a family of many many diseases. I doubt very much there will ever be a cure for them all.

Hardy

I was chatting with a top Doc from the College of Surgeons recently, who pointed out that a cure for heart disease or cancer was only a matter of time, as these were fairly fixed targets and new approaches were being developed all the time. He also said that a disease would wipe out the Human Race, as it evolves quickly and no research can be conducted that fast.  As we now live in cities and have air travel etc, we are ripe targets.

It makes you think.

That's not something you can just leave hanging there. Humanity needs you to tell us all.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on March 24, 2014, 09:32:11 PM

It makes you think.

That's not something you can just leave hanging there. Humanity needs you to tell us all.
;D

Farrandeelin

It makes you think.

Whatever about having a cure...do you know the cause?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

QuoteReally? Cancer is a family of many many diseases. I doubt very much there will ever be a cure for them all.

They can, in time, find a cure for all of them, as they are related to some extent. But a virus will have wiped us out before then.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on March 24, 2014, 11:00:08 PM
QuoteReally? Cancer is a family of many many diseases. I doubt very much there will ever be a cure for them all.

They can, in time, find a cure for all of them, as they are related to some extent. But a virus will have wiped us out before then.

They're working on it.

BennyCake

It makes you think.

Well, the world is apparently overpopulated. Large swathes of the planet needs shifting, reading between the lines. Cancer kills millions, and more and more people are getting some form of it. Why would they release a cure?

Why is Africa starving and/or riddled with aids? Its no accident.

trileacman

You're a f**king crackpot.

On a side note, hate the way cancer has now all been lumped together for the sake of advertising. There will never be a cure for cancer, just as you can't get a single cure for all viruses or for all bacteria. All the talk about beating cancer and we won't give up till cancer does is a misrepresentation. It's a multi-factorial issue that encompasses a wide range of diseases, beating cancer is a step short of beating death.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

easytiger95

Eh benny, you do realise that increasing rates of cancer are linked to increased life spans in the developed world? The longer you live, the more likely you are to get some form of cancer. I'd leave off calling mulder and scully if I were you.

trileacman

Sure it's probably blofeld that's running the show, adding aids to the water in Africa.  ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lawnseed

Tonight itv ten o clock news ebola festure. Should be worth a look
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on April 01, 2014, 06:59:15 PM
Tonight itv ten o clock news ebola festure. Should be worth a look
Awe shiiiiit!! ebola now reported in liberia and guinea.. Ooooh loorrrd!! :o
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: BennyCake on March 24, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

It makes you think.

Well, the world is apparently overpopulated. Large swathes of the planet needs shifting, reading between the lines. Cancer kills millions, and more and more people are getting some form of it. Why would they release a cure?

Why is Africa starving and/or riddled with aids? Its no accident.

I wish they would just release that cure for stupidity that they are withholding so that we wouldn't have to listen to morons like this anymore.