The latest annoying social media trend thread

Started by Eamonnca1, March 20, 2014, 02:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 21, 2014, 02:18:57 AM
Seems like now it's going to be sellotape selfies.  ::)

Nothing on Bebo so far....you sure?

Sidney

Just wait until sock on a c**k, neknomination and make up-free selfies are combined into one giant social media craze that will take the world by storm.

Never beat the deeler

Usually the social media trends elicit no more of a response from me than a casual shrug of the shoulders or shake of the head, but the latest one made me angry enough to resurrect this old thread.

A neighbour of mine from home, who recently had a baby, posted the following status on Facebook:
"I just found out I've been cheated on this last 5 months"

Now, I would be old fashioned enough to think that this kind of thing has no place on such a public forum, but each to their own and all that. She received a few comments along the lines of "Sorry to hear that" "Hope you're ok" etc.

The next day, she posts the following:
"OK before poor (boyfriend's name) gets any more call texts he has not cheated it's a cancer awareness "secret" message but thanks everyone for the support!!"

What the actual fck. This poor fella doesn't have a Facebook account, but he has to field all these calls etc about him cheating on his pregnant girlfriend.

Apart from the fact that these stupid things don't contribute anything for cancer 'awareness' (I would have thought people are pretty aware of cancer anyway and it would be better to organise fundraising for a hospice or something) this kind of thing is dangerous in my opinion.
Hasta la victoria siempre

beer baron

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 21, 2014, 08:16:01 AM
Usually the social media trends elicit no more of a response from me than a casual shrug of the shoulders or shake of the head, but the latest one made me angry enough to resurrect this old thread.

A neighbour of mine from home, who recently had a baby, posted the following status on Facebook:

Now, I would be old fashioned enough to think that this kind of thing has no place on such a public forum, but each to their own and all that. She received a few comments along the lines of "Sorry to hear that" "Hope you're ok" etc.

"OK before poor (boyfriend's name) gets any more call texts he has not cheated it's a cancer awareness "secret" message but thanks everyone for the support!!"

What the actual fck. This poor fella doesn't have a Facebook account, but he has to field all these calls etc about him cheating on his pregnant girlfriend.

Apart from the fact that these stupid things don't contribute anything for cancer 'awareness' (I would have thought people are pretty aware of cancer anyway and it would be better to organise fundraising for a hospice or something) this kind of thing is dangerous in my opinion.

Some of the dung that people put on Facebook would really have you worrying about the future of  the human race. Idiots

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: beer baron on July 21, 2014, 09:36:45 AM

Some of the dung that people put on Facebook would really have you worrying about the future of  the human race. Idiots

Those people always existed,  they just now have a 'smart' phone and a wifi connection!!!

supersub

Really?

beer baron

No not really,but it does (for me at least) make a lot more friends seem like absolute idiots than i had previously believed to be the case.

Under Lights

Really? I'm sure they will always manage to work out how to breed- plenty of instructional videos online.

beer baron

How many times is "Really?" going to pop up,was answering once not enough?  ::)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: beer baron on July 21, 2014, 10:21:01 AM
How many times is "Really?" going to pop up,was answering once not enough?  ::)
I Really don't know.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

I necknominate Beer Baron to prove he really doesn't mean it.

Eamonnca1

"What happened next will amaze you", red arrows and red circles drawn on the thumbnail, and other clickbait gimmicks.

ziggysego

The 'Like' and 'Share' sob stories. Hate them with a passion. Wrote a blog about one in particular.

http://www.mywayaccess.com/blog/facebook-likes-and-shares-can-hurt/
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.