Quigleys walk out on Fermanagh

Started by The Brick, March 14, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Well done Pete McGrath !

Cant manage any squad and be held to ultimatums by members of the panel. Short term pain for the greater good.
Realisticaly Fermanagh were'nt going to do anything anyway, even with these buckos.

omagh_gael

Any word on what they actually fell out about at training?

FarneyMan

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 26, 2014, 10:27:06 AM
Any word on what they actually fell out about at training?

Not sure its correct but had heard McGrath took issue with some of Quigleys bad language at training and a row developed from there.......

FermGael

Sean Quigley returned last night for Fermanagh playing 20 minutes in a challenge match against Wicklow.
Good to see him back. Big boost for the Antrim game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Aaron Boone

Quote from: FermGael on May 08, 2014, 11:21:11 PM
Sean Quigley returned last night for Fermanagh playing 20 minutes in a challenge match against Wicklow.

The Antrim game & beyond.
Pete McGrath has a CV dotted with trophies.

Under Lights

Quote from: FermGael on May 08, 2014, 11:21:11 PM

Great to hear.

Jimmyjimson

Mark Murphy back as well. He's been out of the country for at least 5 years or so.

FermGael

Good to see Murphy back as well.
Adds a bit of depth to the panel but i would assume it would take him a bit of time to get back up to speed as he has been in Australia since 2009.
Things seem to be shaping up well for the Antrim game.
Lot of young players blooded in the league and they did well.  Discipline issues sorted.
I wonder will McCabe be asked back now his soccer committments are over with Glentoran?

In Pete we trust.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

WT4E

Poor ould Seamie - having a rough year of it!

RealSpiritof98

Sickening from the Mirror, to pick on a lad that plays an amateur sport and put him headline news is uncalled for. The GAA bashing goes on. im not condoning his actions either, i think drugs are the bane of our society.

nrico2006

Never understodd the rationale behind the attitude that a player shouldn't be ridiculed if he plays an amateur sport in comparison with the attitude that its fine if he gets paid to play sport.  Its either ok or its not irrelevant of the financial perks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

It's a common thing among young lads, I just hope he hasn't a problem with it, or with anything else. Either way a sc**bag action from a sc**bag paper. Would 'Joe the Plumber' be headline news like that?

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2014, 01:38:39 PM
Never understodd the rationale behind the attitude that a player shouldn't be ridiculed if he plays an amateur sport in comparison with the attitude that its fine if he gets paid to play sport.  Its either ok or its not irrelevant of the financial perks.

You don't understand that a person's private life is not food for the media, and if he is an amateur then they have even less right to broadcast it on the front page? If you don't understand that, then there's not much hope for you.

Professional sportsmen's private lives shouldn't be front page new either, but at least in their case it could be said to have a direct bearing on their job. This isn't a job for GAA players, it's a hobby.

Tabloid Tim

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 08, 2014, 01:34:50 PM
Sickening from the Mirror, to pick on a lad that plays an amateur sport and put him headline news is uncalled for. The GAA bashing goes on. im not condoning his actions either, i think drugs are the bane of our society.

Poor form from the Mirror but unfortunately a lot of people would have lifted the rag this morning because of the front page. Society loves gossip. Very much a recreational drug and common enough among young people- the fact that he used to play for a county team means he is plastered on the front of a paper- if the same video was released with some ordinary Joe doing it there wouldn't be a eye batted.

Orior

Quote from: Tabloid Tim on August 08, 2014, 01:42:33 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 08, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

Poor form from the Mirror but unfortunately a lot of people would have lifted the rag this morning because of the front page. Society loves gossip. Very much a recreational drug and common enough among young people- the fact that he used to play for a county team means he is plastered on the front of a paper- if the same video was realised with some ordinary Joe doing it there wouldn't be a eye batted at it.

Are you Seamie?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians