PSNI up to old RUC Knavery........................Again.

Started by stew, March 11, 2014, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Standing outside 65 having a poc about and 2 cops walk into the street ask me am I stupid and tell me to stop hitting the ball. Said I am breaching the peace playing hurling in a mixed area on a main road even after a warning, which they didn't give me, and told me they don't have to explain themselves to me but gave me a caution for disorderly behaviour, useless wankers

The "offence happened" at 16.55 in Jerusalem Street on 12th March 2014.

I'm not going to comment on who done him.

The circumstances of the disorderly behaviour charge states clearly " playing Hurley on street".

Myles Na G.

Quote from: orangeman on March 15, 2014, 12:51:24 PM
Standing outside 65 having a poc about and 2 cops walk into the street ask me am I stupid and tell me to stop hitting the ball. Said I am breaching the peace playing hurling in a mixed area on a main road even after a warning, which they didn't give me, and told me they don't have to explain themselves to me but gave me a caution for disorderly behaviour, useless w**kers

The "offence happened" at 16.55 in Jerusalem Street on 12th March 2014.

I'm not going to comment on who done him.

The circumstances of the disorderly behaviour charge states clearly " playing Hurley on street".
Why in the name of fcuk anyone over 18 feels the need to go out an play in the street is beyond me. Seriously. I chase 10 year olds from outside my house if they start kicking a ball around. Yet people on here are trying to justify the right of adult men to go out in a main street and start knocking a ball about with hurls. And justifying it in the name of Our Culture!

armaghniac

I reckon this is overstated, acting the maggot in the street is not culture and one would hope that people playing baseball, cricket or rugby would be treated the same.

The only slightly worrying phrase in the above is " playing hurling in a mixed area". If mixed area means people with young children who are trying to sleep then fair enough, but if there is an implication that you can play soccer in the street but that hurling is politically unacceptable then there is an issue here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Myles Na G.

Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2014, 01:33:22 PM
I reckon this is overstated, acting the maggot in the street is not culture and one would hope that people playing baseball, cricket or rugby would be treated the same.

The only slightly worrying phrase in the above is " playing hurling in a mixed area". If mixed area means people with young children who are trying to sleep then fair enough, but if there is an implication that you can play soccer in the street but that hurling is politically unacceptable then there is an issue here.
Where did that phrase come from? Theres's no mention of it in this report:
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=211896
I suspect it's just been injected by one of the posters seeking to defend the right of adult males to engage in anti social behaviour because it's Our Culture. Bit like bonfires and parading where you're not welcome, now I think about it.

orangeman

So no more ball games of any kind on any street anywhere.

Fair enough.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: orangeman on March 15, 2014, 02:55:45 PM
So no more ball games of any kind on any street anywhere.

Fair enough.
I think when you see a sign up saying 'No Ball Games', that's what it means. Folks sometimes turn a blind eye - sometimes they don't - if those involved are really young children, as it might be unreasonable to expect them to take their ball down to the nearest park. Also, being younger there's less chance of them doing damage with a stray kick or stroke. If we're talking about adults, there are no excuses. Unless they have learning difficulties, which may well be the case here. I can think of no other reason why grown men would want to play games in the street.

tyroneman

Quoteone would hope that people playing baseball, cricket or rugby would be treated the same.

Exactly...so were people playing American football and soccer cautioned?

trileacman

Here lads, my mate and I were getting lunch the other day and this sash-wearing prod in front of us got a handful more chips than me or my mate. f**king shameful, seems there's nothing they won't do to put us down. Look forward to a good 6 more pages discussing how my civil rights have been trampled all over. Always a victim.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on March 15, 2014, 08:26:15 PM
Here lads, my mate and I were getting lunch the other day and this sash-wearing prod in front of us got a handful more chips than me or my mate.

Did he put them on his shoulder?
MWWSI 2017

thebigfella

The video is more cringeworthy than the flag w@nks, especially the bit about young people getting strip searched(I think I heard that). I'd be fairly convinced the young fellas story is embellished.

Kidder81

Quote from: thebigfella on March 15, 2014, 09:51:01 PM
The video is more cringeworthy than the flag w@nks, especially the bit about young people getting strip searched(I think I heard that). I'd be fairly convinced the young fellas story is embellished.

It's a Sinn Fein production, maybe that's what it has come to for "propaganda".

LeoMc

Quote from: tyroneman on March 15, 2014, 05:13:29 PM
Quoteone would hope that people playing baseball, cricket or rugby would be treated the same.

Exactly...so were people playing American football and soccer cautioned?

It would depend what they were doing, lobbing a ball back and forward probably not, if they were driving the ball off cars they probably would.
I would think if they were driving golf balls or cricket balls down the street they would be cautioned also.

Tony Baloney

Lads I lived in the Holylands for many years and this sort of shite was rife then and has obviously got worse since with various "riots" and anti-social behaviour thrown into the mix. The hurling stick is a red herring and it is the peelers firing a warning shot before St. Patrick's day. There a boys come up from the country who trash the place and then gohome to their middle-class mammies at the weekend whereas the locals are left picking up the pieces. Fine every **** who steps out of line as the universities haven't the balls to deal with it.

Milltown Row2

I was looking after the under 12's for years and had all the hurls and helmets in the garage, was at the gym one day and on leaving got a call from the wife, told me the kids and their friends are all in the street playing hurly!! I live in a mixed area too, was expecting the riot police when I got home, what I did see was an organised game with soccer nets pulled in and my daughters explaining the rules!!

The kids were smart enough to only use the first touch balls (soft) few of the parents were out in the street a little bemused to the going ons

Tony is probably right in his assessment though, with him living their for a while he'd have a better idea of the headers in and around that area. The Botanic park is 2 mins away, if you want to puck a ball about of ya go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea