Ciaran Kilkenny ruled out of 2014 campaign with cruciate injury

Started by The Hill is Blue, March 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

A big blow for the lad - and a serious dent in the prospects of the Dublin senior and U21 footballers this year.

Best of luck to the lad.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Always comes across as a good lad, serious talent. Bad news for anyone who enjoys good football.

J70

Very unfortunate for the lad himself, but surely the Dubs are one of the few counties who can carry on relatively unaffected?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The Gooch and Kilkenny both gone, huge shame from a spectator pov.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Blowitupref

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM
A big blow for the lad - and a serious dent in the prospects of the Dublin senior and U21 footballers this year.

Best of luck to the lad.

I thought at the time his cruciate was gone alright, tough luck for the lad, another top footballer gone for the year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J OGorman

Drummerboy

Its becoming very common in GAA. I wonder what is the real cause of it.

Farrandeelin

Really tough on him. He'll be another loss to us viewers this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

Real shame, he's a quality player.

How long do these injuries normally last?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

5 Sams

Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2014, 04:16:09 PM
Very unfortunate for the lad himself, but surely the Dubs are one of the few counties who can carry on relatively unaffected?

Good point. Disaster for the young fella but the Dubs have enough in reserve.
The Aristocrat Years

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Drummerboy on March 09, 2014, 06:48:17 PM
Its becoming very common in GAA. I wonder what is the real cause of it.

I was told when it happened to me that an MRI scan would have shown my left knee to be susceptible to cruciate injury before it happened and could have been prevented with a proper support. Maybe this could be the answer, or is it just bad luck - the knee being knocked in a way that it bends the wrong direction and pops the cruciate?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

muppet

He is definitely a loss to the Dubs and a huge loss to their U-21s. A big blow to the lad himself obviously but hopefully he makes a good recovery.
MWWSI 2017

Qwerty28

Hopefully he can follow Colm O'Neill's example and come back after 2 terrible injuries.

Looked a harmless challenge at the time but maybe related to overtraining and playing, like in fairness did he really need to tog out for U-21 game against Carlow earlier in the week?

rodney trotter

He played some amount of football and Hurling this year, between College and County, too big a demand.

Not a bad replacment to have in Alan Brogan to come in after missing out last year. Cormac Costelloe also back this year after missing out last year. The Dubs will manage no doubt. Tough for Kilkenny.