Bring back "The Sunday Game" theme tune online petition

Started by Cré Na Cille, April 11, 2007, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cré Na Cille

The championship is just around the corner which means the Sunday Game back on our screens.

It's about time RTE brought back the original Sunday Game theme tune - it was the sound of the summer for all GAA fans!

I've created an online petition :

Bring back "The Sunday Game" theme tune

Please sign it and let's see if we can get 10000 signatures! An ambitious target but achievable!

fearglasmor

Only 170 sigs    :(

Looks like a case of "are we bovvered"

Star Spangler

I think I can recollect a similar petition at the time it was changed and RTE saying no chance.

Fuzzman

What about bombarding the thesundaygame@rte.ie with requests to NOT have Spillane hosting it anymore and maybe even getting rid of Brolly.
Personally I'd love to see a few new faces and characters.

Brolly certainly is a character and comes out with a lot of good points here and there but he's way OTT about Ulster all the time and I think the other guys on with him are fed up as they cant get a word in edgewise.

What about Benny Tierney or some older Dublin players.
Please please no more boring Bernard Flynn types

I liked Tohill last year one night when Spillane went on a big rant and big Anthony just sat and listened and then Lick ass Tony Davis agreed as usual as did Tommy Lyons I think & then Tohill pipes up and says he strongly disagrees and gave good arguments. If that had of been Brolly he would have been arrogant and interrupting etc.

What about getting in a Niall Quinn or Roy Keane type the odd time? Would be interesting to hear a non biased opinion

Hardy

Well exactly. The Sunday game is tired, uninspired, lazy and just plain bad in coverage and analysis. And all some people can worry about is the music!

rosnarun

forgrt the tune it was even any good in the first place.
and get rid of all prsenters too just show us the action. I really really really really really really really really really  dont care what bearnard flynn dancing paul curran aaaanthony tohill f**ker spillance deadwood orourke thing about mayo matches i do like to hear Mcstay and carney but thien agan i doubt if many mre would for their own counties,
no chat just matches
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

The programme has deteriorated so badly that the theme tune is the least of the concerns and I liked the old theme tune.

The Bottom Brick

QuoteWhat about getting in a Niall Quinn or Roy Keane type the odd time?

Why not get Ken Doherty or Ed Joyce while you're at it?
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!