Locked Threads

Started by ONeill, February 26, 2014, 10:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Wouldn't have happened in 2004.

Young'uns nowadays have no stomach.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

No wonder all the old characters have left and the board is dying on its (see I can use apostrophes correctly!) feet.It seems the mods simply react to complaints without investigating their legitimacy,and the hypocrisy is nauseating,certain subjects are taboo,but you can slander certain people,groups to your heart's content,with impunity.

I'll probably get banned for this,as no doubt I have mortally offended someone,but you know what,I wouldn't care.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2014, 11:34:41 PM
No wonder all the old characters have left and the board is dying on its (see I can use apostrophes correctly!) feet.It seems the mods simply react to complaints without investigating their legitimacy,and the hypocrisy is nauseating,certain subjects are taboo,but you can slander certain people,groups to your heart's content,with impunity.

I'll probably get banned for this,as no doubt I have mortally offended someone,but you know what,I wouldn't care.
Apostrophes - yes, spaces - no.

armaghniac

QuoteNo wonder all the old characters have left

Certainly some capital characters have left.

QuoteApostrophes - yes, spaces - no.

Theyve lefttoo.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2014, 12:03:30 AM
The only thing I could see wrong with Mr. Fearon's thread about Mr. Brady was that he brought Myles into it for no reason but to inflame a long running and sensitive debate. If that is worthy of closing the thread or having it reported twice by the same person, then so be it.

Despite me opposing Mr. Fearon's opinion of Mr. Brady (and Mr. Brady's role in the cover up of child abuse within the Catholic Church), it is, to me, totally acceptable for Mr. Fearon to start a thread in honour of Mr. Brady's recent milestone.
Without turning this into another thread about Fearon, his post was primarily an attempt to inflame posters.

4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule.

Penalties - 1st Offence - Warning, Second Offence - 10 Day Ban, Third Offence - Permanent Ban

5. Creating facetious or duplicate topics
   This rule is in place to stop people deliberately and constantly posting spurious or similar threads,
   and blatantly disregarding the wishes of the GAA board community to keep these threads together.

Penalties. If a pattern of posting these threads emerges from an individual, a Warning will be given.
       Further offences will incur a 2 Day Ban, followed by a 5 Day Ban. Subsequent offences will incur repeated 5 Day Bans.

stephenite

Quote from: T Fearon on February 26, 2014, 11:34:41 PM

Don't think anyone else will either

seafoid

Tony should be given his own child board

Armagh, antrim, Cavan, NEW! Fearon, etc

He could post away to his heart's content on Celtic and Brady and if anyone felt like showering him with attention it could be done in privacy and they'd both be consenting

magpie seanie

The only thing I could see wrong with Mr. Fearon's thread about Mr. Brady was that he brought Myles into it for no reason but to inflame a long running and sensitive debate. If that is worthy of closing the thread or having it reported twice by the same person, then so be it.

Despite me opposing Mr. Fearon's opinion of Mr. Brady (and Mr. Brady's role in the cover up of child abuse within the Catholic Church), it is, to me, totally acceptable for Mr. Fearon to start a thread in honour of Mr. Brady's recent milestone.

If that was the reason then it would be ok but it is clearly not the reason he started the thread.

screenexile

Fair play ziggy I think you made the right call!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2014, 11:21:28 AM
Fair play ziggy I think you made the right call!!

It a wonder he let Fearon get to page 3. Sure didnt he have numerous similiar threads like that, in the past.

T Fearon

I want a letter from Ziggy assuring I will not be prosecuted or disciplined in future! :P

ONeill

Swallowed a fcukin dictionary? Inflame, sensitive, opposing, milestone?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2014, 05:11:11 PM
I want a letter from Ziggy assuring I will not be prosecuted or disciplined in future! :P

the letter will just say
Quote"
Dear Mr Fearon,
The Gaaboard Moderator has been informed by the Attorney General on the basis of information currently available there are no outstanding directions for prosecution on the discussion forum Gaaboard.com, there are no warrants in existence nor are you wanted by the Mods of any other board for arrest, questioning or charging by the police.
The Mods are not aware of any interest in you from any other discussion forum in the UK.
If any outstanding offences come to light or if any request for extradition were to be received, this would have to be dealt with in the usual way in the City West hotel at a date of your choosing
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Cold tea

Quote from: heganboy on February 27, 2014, 07:28:45 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 27, 2014, 05:11:11 PM

the letter will just say
Quote"
Dear Mr Fearon,
The Gaaboard Moderator has been informed by the Attorney General on the basis of information currently available there are no outstanding directions for prosecution on the discussion forum Gaaboard.com, there are no warrants in existence nor are you wanted by the Mods of any other board for arrest, questioning or charging by the police.
The Mods are not aware of any interest in you from any other discussion forum in the UK.
If any outstanding offences come to light or if any request for extradition were to be received, this would have to be dealt with in the usual way in the City West hotel at a date of your choosing

See you're still as funny as a kick to the balls, blow one off typing that did you?

heganboy

Quote from: Cold tea on February 27, 2014, 07:45:54 PM

See you're still as funny as a kick to the balls, blow one off typing that did you?

genius! keep them coming
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity