Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

An Lú V An Dún

NEIL GALLAGHER

PADRAIG RATH,  DESSIE FINNEGAN,  KEITH MCLOUGHLIN,

JOHN O BRIEN,  PATRICK REILLY,  LIAM SHEVLIN,

PADDY KEENAN,  BEVAN DUFFY,

ADRIAN REID,  COLM JUDGE,  DECLAN BYRNE,

ANDY MC DONNELL,  EOIN O CONNOR,  DEREK MAGUIRE.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mattockranger

who is Bevan Duffy?

any good? big risk throwing him in the middle!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

The Worker

armaghniac

QuoteIs it being shown on setanta?

Of course not. Setanta is showing important teams like Dublin and Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mourne Rover

Down are unchanged from the Armagh game, although James does like the occasional late switch. Louth usually put it up to Down, and O'Rourke will bring a few insights to the process, so it should be a decent match.

1 Shane Harrison
2 Daniel McCartan
3 Brendan McArdle
4 Darren O'Hagan
5 Ryan Boyle
6 Aidan Carr
7 Conor Garvey
8 Peter Turley
9 Ryan Mallon
10 Kevin McKernan
11 Mark Poland
12 Conor Maginn
13 Donal O'Hare
14 Niall Madine
15 Jerome Johnston

Pangurban

As Ryan Mallon is not going to be available for the rest of the season, would it not be wiser for James to give game  time to one the fringe players who will probably be needed as the season progresses

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mourne Rover on February 28, 2014, 11:48:22 PM
Down are unchanged from the Armagh game, although James does like the occasional late switch. Louth usually put it up to Down, and O'Rourke will bring a few insights to the process, so it should be a decent match.

1 Shane Harrison
2 Daniel McCartan
3 Brendan McArdle
4 Darren O’Hagan
5 Ryan Boyle
6 Aidan Carr
7 Conor Garvey
8 Peter Turley
9 Ryan Mallon
10 Kevin McKernan
11 Mark Poland
12 Conor Maginn
13 Donal O’Hare
14 Niall Madine
15 Jerome Johnston
hope im wrong, but I'd be worried were the scores are going to come from in that team. mckernan, maginn, Johnston and even madine aren't exactly prolific scorers. O'Hare hasn't scored from play yet and the midfield or defence aren't chipping in with many scores either. down are lacking that marquee forward that seperates the top teams from the rest. v worried about tonights game, don't think it will be the easyish win a lot down fans are thinking.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Rover

It would be foolish not to expect a tight derby tonight, which is a pretty good reason to select Mallon. Experimentation is fine in the McKenna Cup but this is an important league fixture in which a win will put us at least temporarily into a promotion place and a defeat in a tight division would drag us back towards a relegation fight. It may also be unlikely that Mallon will feature again this season, but, with Brussels a 90 minute flight from Dublin, a proper personal training programme for him would at least give us cover in the half back, midfield and half forward lines.

It would also be great if we had a forward running up big scores from play this year but O'Hare was doing that last season and we still got relegated because we were leaking too much at the back. A defensive approach is against our traditions, but we will lose tonight if we concede sloppy goals and a clean sheet would give us a great chance of two points

babarino

As a neutral I want my money back. Down can only beat what's in front of them, Louth were awful. 

Down should stay in Division 2 and now have a chance of promotion, while Louth deserve to be in Division 3 on the basis of what was served up tonight.

charlieTully

Quote from: babarino on March 01, 2014, 09:02:16 PM
As a neutral I want my money back. Down can only beat what's in front of them, Louth were awful. 

Down should stay in Division 2 and now have a chance of promotion, while Louth deserve to be in Division 3 on the basis of what was served up tonight.

don't think I have ever left a game so early. Louth were piss poor, Galway don't seem to be much better, a win next week and promotion is a very realistic target.

Dubh driocht

Nothing much to say about that- Madine and O'Hare were excellent during the short period (10 minutes) it was competitive, Aidan Carr is blooming and that's two out of three clean sheets for Shane Harrison. Is Aidan O'Rourke the worst manager in Ireland ?

babarino

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 01, 2014, 09:59:45 PM
Nothing much to say about that- Madine and O'Hare were excellent during the short period (10 minutes) it was competitive, Aidan Carr is blooming and that's two out of three clean sheets for Shane Harrison. Is Aidan O'Rourke the worst manager in Ireland ?

What period was that?

5 Sams

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 01, 2014, 09:59:45 PM

After Armagh's result tonight he's probably switched places with Grimley.
The Aristocrat Years

DownFanatic

The difference between the two teams tonight was fitness.

Down looked like they could go on for another 20 minutes at full time while Louth looked fecked at halftime.

Jerome Johnston and Aidan Carr were the standouts for me. Mallon will be a big miss when he heads away.

Mourne Rover

Hard to believe that Louth were nine points up against Armagh who then won in Meath tonight so this is a bit of a strange division. Down only needed to be reasonable this evening as Louth were poor and could conceivably have lost by more in the end as it turned into a training exercise

The main pluses for Down were Harrison, who apart from one dodgy kick out followed by a brilliant save, is looking good, Carr who cruised throughout the match and particularly O'Hare who finished with 1-11 and Madine up front. No one had a bad game and Benny came off the bench to get two kicks and two goals.

Tuam is always a tough place to go, but if we get a result there next week we will be very much in the frame for promotion.