Louth and Down 1st March Newry

Started by mattockranger, February 25, 2014, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: John o connor on March 12, 2014, 11:49:10 PM
Look the lad missed a few chances down in Galway alright but he's young and situations like that will only improve him , we ve plenty of good youth coming through but we need to give them time
Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 13, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
Agreed.
where are all these good youth players yous speak of and why are they not on the panel? how much more time are you willing to give? another 20 years? we've been hearing about our brilliant young players coming through since 1994. will we have to wait another 20 years?
nil satis nisi optimum

Aristo 60

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 13, 2014, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: John o connor on March 12, 2014, 11:49:10 PM
Look the lad missed a few chances down in Galway alright but he's young and situations like that will only improve him , we ve plenty of good youth coming through but we need to give them time
Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 13, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
Agreed.
where are all these good youth players yous speak of and why are they not on the panel? how much more time are you willing to give? another 20 years? we've been hearing about our brilliant young players coming through since 1994. will we have to wait another 20 years?

I think JoC is saying there are young guys (O'Hanlon, Johnston X 2, Madine, O'Hare etc.)  already on the team and panel and we just need to give them time.

I don't think we'll have to wait another 20 years. But we'll need our Australians all home.

Anyway, RTE say Donegal by 2. Here's hoping they haven't factored in another last minute Poly onion bag special into that prediction...  ;D

John o connor

Spot on aristo , I was talking about players already on panel some of whom you mentioned but also mc parland , o hagan etc . It's generally a young enough outfit now also mc kernan , Garvey , Fitzpatrick , mc comiskey and others all have years ahead of them !
I think some people on here just can't wait to stick the boot in wee James , given players missing over the last few seasons through injuries , soccer , Aussie rules or immigration I think he has seriously over achieved . It takes a golden generation of players coming through at the same time to really challenge  ie Armagh , Tyrone or Donegal so lets not knock our young lads too much ,they give a serious amount of effort and time and I'm sure we ll have plenty of good days out thanks to this over the next few years