ukraine regime change

Started by lawnseed, February 23, 2014, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2014, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2014, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 04:15:42 PM
Tell me this are these the same ethnic group as the roma gypsies?

No, they (the Roma) are thought to have migrated from northern India, possibly linked to the Domba people.
So theyre more north mongols perhaps
We like nordies.. Right??

No connection to the Mongolian or Turkic peoples  ::)
Theyre gonna be like mexicans as russia continues its 'manifest destiny' or the irish in northern ireland... Red squirrel v grey squirrel
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 04:59:02 PM

No, they (the Roma) are thought to have migrated from northern India, possibly linked to the Domba people.

Theyre gonna be like mexicans as russia continues its 'manifest destiny' or the irish in northern ireland... Red squirrel v grey squirrel

Don't be a cnut all you're life ya tool.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 07, 2014, 06:32:26 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 04:59:02 PM

Don't be a cnut all you're life ya tool.
I bet they wish they'd have helped the red army instead of the nazis now
The brits did some dirty act in crimea also.. Did they abandon thier allies or something they dont like talking about it

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Russians are some cowboys, occupation of Crimea, bring in a vote to transfer Ukranian territory and the Tatar homeland (a people they have ethnically cleansed) into Russia.

Next year Russia is introducing a new law which makes advocating separatism a criminal offence.

give her dixie

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 16, 2014, 08:37:29 AM
Russians are some cowboys, occupation of Crimea, bring in a vote to transfer Ukranian territory and the Tatar homeland (a people they have ethnically cleansed) into Russia.

Next year Russia is introducing a new law which makes advocating separatism a criminal offence.

Israel have been doing this for decades with the full support of the west.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: give her dixie on March 16, 2014, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 16, 2014, 08:37:29 AM

Israel have been doing this for decades with the full support of the west.

O I agree, Russia and Israel would make good bedfellows.

Hereiam

So the people of Crimea have spoken but yet the western government have spit the dummy.
Does anyone think that if the people of the north voted to leave the union that it would just happen.

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on March 18, 2014, 05:04:56 PM
So the people of Crimea have spoken but yet the western government have spit the dummy.
Does anyone think that if the people of the north voted to leave the union that it would just happen.

I'm sure there are lots of heads spinning whilst trying to draw a parallel with the british occupation of the six counties. Which statement is more correct?

1) The Russian intervention in Crimea is like Britain taking control of the six counties, so as to look after their british citizens in a United Russia (aka Soviet Union)
2) The Russian intervention in Crimea is like Ireland's desire to look after their citizens in the occupied six.

Unfortunately for us, number 2 is a pathetic toothless desire and they are happy to leave us where we are.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

Tatars 12%? Why didnt they vote

Wildweasel74

people tend to forget this is how some mucker called Hitler got his start on the road, Putin i doubt suffers from that wee man Napoleon complex. This region could have rejoined Russia after the break up of the old soviet union and guess what, Russia didn't want them. Had this happened before the socchi winter games many teams would not have went.

This guy is a fossil of the cold war, expect some sort of move on east Ukraine next year.

Main Street

Quote from: lawnseed on March 18, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Tatars 12%? Why didnt they vote
Didn't the majority of the Ukrainians and the Tatars vote to leave the Ukraine?
97% voted  to leave the Ukraine,  some 83% of the electorate voted,  1.27m voted.
That means approx 260.000 of the electorate did not vote.
Even in the impossible to achieve scenario  that ALL the 918,000 Russian eligible voters, actually voted in the referendum,
that leaves at least 315,000 votes coming from the combined Ukrainians and Tatars electorate.
That means at least over 50% of the combined Ukrainian and Tatars electorate, voted yes.

Wildweasel74

does that mean the counties of Derry, fermanagh and Armagh can vote to be come part of the republic? People thinking this vote is fair are kidding themselves, can the basque country hold their break away vote and leave spain, that count to?

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 18, 2014, 07:51:31 PM
does that mean the counties of Derry, fermanagh and Armagh can vote to be come part of the republic? People thinking this vote is fair are kidding themselves, can the basque country hold their break away vote and leave spain, that count to?
I replied to one statement/question.
I gave a reply which contains pertinent details. In that reply I claimed that a majority of the minority ethnic groups in the autonomous republic of Crimes voted to leave the Ukraine. 
You are offering a straw man argument in reply.

Unlike the forced annexation by the USSR of the Baltic states in WW2, where the (scúm of the earth) Bolsheviks planted hundreds of thousands of loyal Russian 'proletariats',  but not enough to become a majority and prevent independence in the 1990's, Crimea was always (for the most part) Russian and for the least part Ukranian. How Crimea ended up in the Ukraine is one of those quirks of USSR history.

Wildweasel74

sure did they not request to be part of russia after the fall of the soviet unuion? and guess what Russia didnt want them, what changed there tune now, except a man on a power trip

armaghniac

QuoteCrimea was always (for the most part) Russian

Bollix. There were feck all Russians there until the 19th century, since when they substantially ethnically cleansed the place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B