Buckfast accounts for 25% of total alcohol sales in Lurgan!

Started by T Fearon, February 02, 2014, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2014, 12:06:34 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
Absolutely showed for people from Lurgan, after the series of interviews with some of it's younger inhabitants on GMU this morning glorying in the consupmtion of Buckfast...pure showed for yez.

I know i shouldn't be taking the bait but you guys are some craic...a couple of hundred people drink Buckfast and the other 20 odd thousand don't and you feel for us...lol.
It's because of the image portrayed by the couple og hundred.

T Fearon

Question for Lurganites. Would you prefer your urban area to be linked automatically in the wider population's perception, with Buckfast or Spades?

southdown

Either that or you don't drink much milk in Lurgan going by the supervalu figures!

illdecide

Question for Portadownites...would you rather be called dirty portydown or dorty portydown?

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

Quote from: EC Unique on February 03, 2014, 11:53:51 PM
Tasted it once and can't understand the attraction. It's stinken.  :-X

The smell of the stuff was enough to put me off. Rank!
Testing Accessibility

Cold tea

Quote from: ziggysego on February 04, 2014, 04:01:35 PM

Bet you're a pimms man.  ;)

T Fearon

"Tasted it once and can't understand the attraction. It's stinken". 

Sounds like a valid opinion on oral sex!

Cold tea

The Worker

Why is buckfast a lot more popular in lurgan than say, Belfast?

There are cheaper ways to get drunk, e.g. Bark buster of cider.

ziggysego

Quote from: Cold tea on February 04, 2014, 04:16:29 PM

Tee-total. Love a good cup of Suki Tea does me these days.
Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 03, 2014, 08:12:15 AM
Disclosure: When I was young and had no sense I used to partake in the Lurgan practice of drinking Buckfast (and other dodgy concoctions) in a car park of a Saturday evening before going to the likes of the Ashburn or Centrepoint AKA "Centrepunch".

Was standing under one of the "no public drinking" signs in Church Walk drinking away with a mate and a squad of soldiers appeared. Scottish boy says "That's a nice sign you're standing under there."  Says I "I know, it's a great sign. I love that sign!" and I climbed up and kissed the sign.  My mate who was drinking lager says to the soldier "Don't you worry boy! I've only another lok of mouthfuls left in this can and I'll not be long draining her! Now go on about your business!" 

I think the squaddies decided they'd been standing about for long enough for they all took off back to the barracks and left us to it.

I still laugh at it now, but it took us a while to figure out it's better to have a drink in the pub or a club where you're socializing. It's not like we ever scored in the car park or when having a carry-out in the fields.

Jesus you talk some shite. Between this story and the one about boys jumping in with the orange marches I dunno what's worse.

Cold tea

Quote from: ziggysego on February 04, 2014, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 04, 2014, 04:16:29 PM

Tee-total. Love a good cup of Suki Tea does me these days.

Tea total Man doesn't like smell of alcoholic beverage, surely that should be on the BBC homepage.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 04, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Jesus you talk some shite. Between this story and the one about boys jumping in with the orange marches I dunno what's worse.

Wrong. It was Apprentice Boys marches. Not the Orangemen, the Apprentice Boys. There's a difference.