Buckfast accounts for 25% of total alcohol sales in Lurgan!

Started by T Fearon, February 02, 2014, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

My first reaction on reading this in the paper today was "Is that all, 25%?"

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
My first reaction on reading this in the paper today was "Is that all, 25%?"
Daily Mail accounts for less than 5% of crossword business in greater Craigavon.

el_cuervo_fc

Tony Fearon accounts for 0.4812224494131% of all posts on the Gaaboard

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lurgan accounts for 17% of bringing up the contents of your stomach.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

illdecide

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

We expect the shite talk from Tony as he continues to try and raise his profile and be the popular one that everyone talks about but im afraid to tell you Tony that everyone knows your a ....

Mayo wtf would u know about it...chokers.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: illdecide on February 03, 2014, 12:52:33 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

We expect the shite talk from Tony as he continues to try and raise his profile and be the popular one that everyone talks about but im afraid to tell you Tony that everyone knows your a ....

Mayo wtf would u know about it...chokers.

I have no clew what your response means  ???

T Fearon

Judging by that post,illdecide has consumed copious amounts of Buckfast prior to posting

JUst retired

Mayogodhelpus. Do you not mean"no clue" not clew, or are you thinking of Clew bay. :)

Eamonnca1

Disclosure: When I was young and had no sense I used to partake in the Lurgan practice of drinking Buckfast (and other dodgy concoctions) in a car park of a Saturday evening before going to the likes of the Ashburn or Centrepoint AKA "Centrepunch".

Was standing under one of the "no public drinking" signs in Church Walk drinking away with a mate and a squad of soldiers appeared. Scottish boy says "That's a nice sign you're standing under there."  Says I "I know, it's a great sign. I love that sign!" and I climbed up and kissed the sign.  My mate who was drinking lager says to the soldier "Don't you worry boy! I've only another lok of mouthfuls left in this can and I'll not be long draining her! Now go on about your business!" 

I think the squaddies decided they'd been standing about for long enough for they all took off back to the barracks and left us to it.

I still laugh at it now, but it took us a while to figure out it's better to have a drink in the pub or a club where you're socializing. It's not like we ever scored in the car park or when having a carry-out in the fields.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2014, 07:29:31 AM
Judging by that post,illdecide has consumed copious amounts of Buckfast prior to posting

Yes Tony you're correct again. A few bottles of buckie were consumed before posting

EC Unique

Tasted it once and can't understand the attraction. It's stinken.  :-X

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: JUst retired on February 03, 2014, 07:36:49 AM
Mayogodhelpus. Do you not mean"no clue" not clew, or are you thinking of Clew bay. :)

I was indeed  ;D

Applesisapples

Absolutely showed for people from Lurgan, after the series of interviews with some of it's younger inhabitants on GMU this morning glorying in the consupmtion of Buckfast...pure showed for yez.

sheamy

Heard it and it was brutal. The report began by stating: "Sales of Buckfast in Supervalu Lurgan are second only to those of milk".

Combined with the total buck eejit they had on last evening who had downed a pint of WD40 in a neknomination, it's painting some picture.

illdecide

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
Absolutely showed for people from Lurgan, after the series of interviews with some of it's younger inhabitants on GMU this morning glorying in the consupmtion of Buckfast...pure showed for yez.

I know i shouldn't be taking the bait but you guys are some craic...a couple of hundred people drink Buckfast and the other 20 odd thousand don't and you feel for us...lol.