Kildare v Mayo NFL 2nd Feb 2014

Started by Dinny Breen, January 28, 2014, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Welcome to hell aka St Conleth's Park!!!

#newbridgeornowhere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 28, 2014, 04:27:01 PM
Welcome to hell aka St Conleth's Park!!!

That'll be grand for Sunday. The County Board have commissioned a new robot:

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

I think it will be very difficult for us to stay up this year so the pressure is on from day one and we need the same sort of flying start we got last year.
Not too confident of that happening because I think the OBC win papered over the cracks left by the absentee list (Peter Kelly, Eoin Doyle, John Byrne, John Doyle, Alan Smith, Eamonn Callaghan, Niall Kelly, etc) and we'll be fielding quite a weak team for this level. Five of the starters from this fixture last year are unavailable.
Is Padraig O'Neill back for this?

moysider

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on January 28, 2014, 10:23:18 PM
I think it will be very difficult for us to stay up this year so the pressure is on from day one and we need the same sort of flying start we got last year.
Not too confident of that happening because I think the OBC win papered over the cracks left by the absentee list (Peter Kelly, Eoin Doyle, John Byrne, John Doyle, Alan Smith, Eamonn Callaghan, Niall Kelly, etc) and we'll be fielding quite a weak team for this level. Five of the starters from this fixture last year are unavailable.

Quit yer whinin!

Did ye not read about Horans woes?

He has taken the opportunity to purge the panel of lads that had no part in the last AI debacle ( he holds on to players that didnt perform and culls players that were tackle bags all year). He then lists a few minors from last year (in a long list)  that have been doing a bit of senior training, but are not available, as some kind of casualty list! I m loving/hating this.
Lord save us we re producing another politician.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 29, 2014, 12:37:28 AM

Quit yer whinin!

He has taken the opportunity to purge the panel of lads that had no part in the last AI debacle ( he holds on to players that didnt perform and culls players that were tackle bags all year). He then lists a few minors from last year (in a long list)  that have been doing a bit of senior training, but are not available, as some kind of casualty list! I m loving/hating this.

Game One is still a few months away, Moy. Plenty of time.

Ohtoohtobe

By my reckoning this is only Game Minus Seven.

Farrandeelin

Lets hope Mayo's second half collapses are consigned to the FBD 2014 history bin. Can't see it happeninv liike that though. Kildare with the O'Byrne Cup win in the bag to win this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Donnellys Hollow

The 2014 O'Byrne Cup secured. It's all downhill from here.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rosnarun

Quit yer whinin!

or in short Horan hasn't picked enough Ballina players.

A few big additions to the panel this year in Tom Parsons and Adam Gallagher. I would Expect both to be starting come summer . Good to see the manager swallow his pride on parsons.
Now if we could only get Ronaldson back
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

Quote from: rosnarun on January 30, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Quit yer whinin!

A few big additions to the panel this year in Tom Parsons and Adam Gallagher. I would Expect both to be starting come summer . Good to see the manager swallow his pride on parsons.

He's one short (Ballina player) at the moment. But he's the boss! And it's his (valuable family) time that that he has given to this task, so it's his call! He is closer than any of us to this project and he is coming to the definitive day of reckoning so i guess he will leave no stone unturned? If you think the hurt you or me have felt from 12/13 was bad then you can not imagine this mans hurt! Anyway, he is one of us and i wish him well this year! Best of luck Kiwi!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 30, 2014, 02:27:23 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 30, 2014, 12:08:45 AM

Quit yer whinin!

He's one short (Ballina player) at the moment. But he's the boss! And it's his (valuable family) time that that he has given to this task, so it's his call! He is closer than any of us to this project and he is coming to the definitive day of reckoning so i guess he will leave no stone unturned? If you think the hurt you or me have felt from 12/13 was bad then you can not imagine this mans hurt! Anyway, he is one of us and i wish him well this year! Best of luck Kiwi!

Hear Hear!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

Please...no more of this 'stone unturned' stuff. How the club playwer of the year was left on the bench on final day still gnaws away at me. No stone unturned was the mantra last year too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2014, 07:32:42 AM
Please...no more of this 'stone unturned' stuff. How the club playwer of the year was left on the bench on final day still gnaws away at me. No stone unturned was the mantra last year too.

True, but you'd hope Horan will have learned from that.....

Regan has been invited back but declined (is he off to the states for the summer?) so we need to move on from that. It was at best unfair and at worst a bad mistake by Horan to drop him off the panel last year but if we can get the players who are on the panel playing to their potential then we have a side good enough to win the AI.

Will the team be announced this evening??