2014 Sigerson

Started by Any craic, January 28, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

As a jordanstown fan I must say they have only themselves to blame. UCC played the better football and where much more economical in front of goals.
Rory Beegan fucked up big time at the end, with near two mins left he fluffed a short kickout, and made a balls of another pass. This wasted near a minute when a long kickout was the only option.
UUJ kicked 17 wides which is atriocious. Too many of their players played like individuals and passing the ball to a better placed player was never an option. Mcaliskey, Donnelly and Kieran Hughes employed the shoot on site method much too often and trying to be Heros.
For the management uuj have I thought their tactics and system of play in second half especially where poorly conveyed. Direct football to oboyle and Clarke with players playing of them would have reaped some rewards, but instead they continued with soloing and hand passing. for the players they had he management also need to take a long look in the mirror, no way should that side have been loosing that match.
On the new hooter system what a disaster. Not once did that clown mcquillan raise his hands for the clock to be stopped during injuries meaning not a second of additional time was played in either half.
This is going to cause some bother in year ahead unless the rule is refined and the timekeeper is fully in charge. There is no doubt in my mind mcquillan forgot clean all about raising his hands to signal stoppages last night. Another stupid rule going to cause controversy.

Throw ball

Quote from: retiredgael on February 22, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
jamie clarke going down like a ballerina for that free

Interesting how people pick up on this rather than the times he got the jersey pulled off his back and did not get a free. Sadly in football now it does not pay to stand on your feet.

For the record Clarke stays on his feet more than most.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: hardstation on February 22, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it, the talk is always about the same thing - who is pulling a flanker.

That quality of football bores the balls off you? Fairly ridiculous statement to make if you ask me, but you're entitled to your opinion I suppose. Personally have got huge enjoyment out of watching Sigerson over the years.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Wildweasel74

The year i was at Uni UUj had 27 county men on the panel, dont think they won it them 2 year either, this  back round 95/96, brian and Eamon Burns were at the uni doing masters i think and didnt even bother to play that year, so who excately on the UUJ team is there under dodgy circumstances? Clarke?. As someone said a team with this panel of players should not be losing that game, some star players had nightmares

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 23, 2014, 01:13:13 PM
The year i was at Uni UUj had 27 county men on the panel, dont think they won it them 2 year either, this  back round 95/96, brian and Eamon Burns were at the uni doing masters i think and didnt even bother to play that year, so who excately on the UUJ team is there under dodgy circumstances? Clarke?. As someone said a team with this panel of players should not be losing that game, some star players had nightmares

Well if it was around 96, Tralee won the Sigerson and had probably 20 county players aswell!

Wildweasel74

Think Jim McGunniees won afew down there on his sports travels, then 1 one at UUJ when he came back up, not sure the years, Jim nearly managed a 10yr career at uni lol

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 23, 2014, 01:31:32 PM
Think Jim McGunniees won afew down there on his sports travels, then 1 one at UUJ when he came back up, not sure the years, Jim nearly managed a 10yr career at uni lol

Yeah he was there for Tralee's first anyway in 1997 and the second one down in Tralee in 98, don't think he was there for the 3rd one. Captained UUJ then in 2001 the year the foot and mouth meant there was no weekend. Then he went off to John Moores for the Psychology masters I think..some spell in college alright! Fair play to him though, he was working towards a real goal and got there..not like some of the more high profile "students" in recent years.

OverThePostsAWide

Whatever happened UUC? (Coleraine). Wouldn't be Sigerson level now obviously, but I haven't seen them feature at any level recently?

Heard a rumour that (Tommy) Joe Stalin decreed that they and Magee should be annexed into the Great UU Collective in pursuit of Sigerson glory? Wouldn't go down well in the NW I'm sure, if true, and a real slap in the teeth for those that put so much effort into the clubs up there (and not for the Sigerson glory). The manner of yesterday's defeat wouldn't help matters much either.

How many of yesterday's UUJ team are on courses based in the Coleraine/Derry campuses? If so, why are they still called UUJ and not just UU?

our_fella

Any chance Queens can get Billy Morgan up from UCC??

1 win in 6 years.. Dreadful

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: our_fella on February 23, 2014, 02:30:56 PM
Any chance Queens can get Billy Morgan up from UCC??

1 win in 6 years.. Dreadful

1 win in 8 years for QUB
1 win in 7 years for UUJ

UUJ will probably be looking for a replacement for big Adrian some time soon (was this his 17th season with them?) although I "genuinely" don't think Billy Morgan could be persuaded  ;D

ck

Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2014, 09:02:52 PM
It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it.
+1.

So why are you even on this thread if it bores you so much?

bogball88

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on February 23, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
Whatever happened UUC? (Coleraine). Wouldn't be Sigerson level now obviously, but I haven't seen them feature at any level recently?

Heard a rumour that (Tommy) Joe Stalin decreed that they and Magee should be annexed into the Great UU Collective in pursuit of Sigerson glory? Wouldn't go down well in the NW I'm sure, if true, and a real slap in the teeth for those that put so much effort into the clubs up there (and not for the Sigerson glory). The manner of yesterday's defeat wouldn't help matters much either.

How many of yesterday's UUJ team are on courses based in the Coleraine/Derry campuses? If so, why are they still called UUJ and not just UU?

UUC are alive and kicking, beat by 8 points in the Trench Cup quarter final by an inspired Ciaran Kilkenny  St Pats Dromcondra side who went onto win the Trench Cup

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: bogball88 on February 24, 2014, 01:57:03 PM
UUC are alive and kicking, beat by 8 points in the Trench Cup quarter final by an inspired Ciaran Kilkenny  St Pats Dromcondra side who went onto win the Trench Cup

Good to hear. That they're alive and kicking, not that they were beaten, obviously...

Rossfan

Quote from: ck on February 24, 2014, 11:40:34 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2014, 09:02:52 PM
It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it.
+1.

So why are you even on this thread if it bores you so much?
Because I can if I want to and secondly so that I can annoy lĂșders .....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM