The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: rrhf on March 15, 2014, 11:34:57 PM
Would o driscoll, not have something to offer in the world cup

I still think he has something to offer, but as he has said, he feels it more now. When you look at the frequency of games in a WC I don't think he would be fit enough. However, it is the right time for him to step down and let new players step up. Schmidt is already looking at Jared Payne as his replacement

BennyCake

Quote from: highorlow on March 15, 2014, 11:22:06 PM
Time now for the country to focus on the GAA for the next 6 months.

Yes, because we only watch Gaelic Games because there's no rugby on  ::)

orangeman

That point was made today and the answer is yes of course he would have.

But I can't see him changing his mind.

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on March 15, 2014, 11:48:39 PM

That point was made today and the answer is yes of course he would have.

But I can't see him changing his mind.

The ending is too perfect to ruin. Too many players leave it too late and can't end it on their terms. Of all the sports-people we've every called our own O'Driscoll deserves this to be how he goes out. I wouldn't be opposed to Leinster adding another European Cup to the roll of honour either.

rodney trotter

Its easy to say now that he could play in the WC, but thats not until September 2015. He turned 35 in Januray. A serious player who will be a huge loss for Ireland and Leinster when he retires at the end of the season

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on March 15, 2014, 11:21:44 PM
Andrew tremble was the best player for his country today. Delighted for trimby. Has finally delivered what we in ulster knew he was capable of. Certainly was there when some of the more illustrious southerners went missing.

Should never have offloaded to BOD.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gawa316

Andrew tremble was the best player for his country today. Delighted for trimby. Has finally delivered what we in ulster knew he was capable of. Certainly was there when some of the more illustrious southerners went missing.

My only gripe was I thought he could've committed the French defender better and give BOD a clear run in, other than that fantastic stuff.

stew

They are all Irishmen when they pull on the rugby Jersey to represent Ireland, feck nordies and southeners!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on March 16, 2014, 04:48:14 AM

They are all Irishmen when they pull on the rugby Jersey to represent Ireland, feck nordies and southeners!
Trimble restored the dignity of the family name.
Fair play to GAA and rugby for using the 32 county model.

rrhf

Agreed but he  is one of us. 

seafoid

Beating France in France requires an Irish team that is out of the ordinary, It happened in 1972 but Scotland and Wales refused to play in Dublin due to the situation in the north. So there was no slam.
Was that part of the IRA's sport policy at the time? Or was someone else threatening the celtic cousins?

theskull1

I thought he was outstanding as well. Hard a feckin nails chasing down those garryowens
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

From the Bunker

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 16, 2014, 12:12:49 AM
Its easy to say now that he could play in the WC, but thats not until September 2015. He turned 35 in Januray. A serious player who will be a huge loss for Ireland and Leinster when he retires at the end of the season

Yeah 18 months is a long time when you are at the tail end of your career. Keith Woods said that when he decided to retire it was not due totally to form but the fear of chronic injuries getting worse.

Tony Baloney

In 2011 he said he would quit in 2013. In 2013 he said he would quit in 2014. After all the tributes, from famous and ordinary alike, he would look like a quare cretin if he reneged..

seafoid

The Irish papers are one thing but to get a feeling for what it really means the Sunday Torygraph is your only man. 2 pages on England vs Italy, one on the Paris match and the headline "England's pride ... Ireland's title"

Vindaloo, vindaloo,  we scored way more than you, na na na