The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2014, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 21, 2014, 10:50:18 PM
Sy's just counting chickens.

Both of you missed a key if statement in my post in your rush to fall over each other to make comments.
I did indeed miss the "if statement" :)
"A win tomorrow and we have control of this Six Nations after tonight. Very exciting times for Ireland."

Even if there was a visible if, it's still counting chickens, looking ahead to the glories which might lie ahead, glories which are usually hammered  to pieces in Paris.

AQMP

Quote from: trileacman on February 21, 2014, 10:20:43 PM
St. Andre out, there is a decent French side there. Basteraud, the starting 9, Pape, Picamoles all need to be threw on the scrap heap. A French team trying to be French with two centres who can't pass and a 9 who won't until ordered to by the ref. Pape is and always has been a shite player. That back 3 though is particularly potent and that doesn't even allow for Fickou. Bonneval has the pace, Huget the speed and Dulin has the vision. Dusatoir is such a loss, f**k

+1. If Doussain and Plisson are the best 9 and 10 in France then they're in for lean few years.

Syferus

J OGorman

Quote from: AQMP on February 22, 2014, 11:42:44 AM
Quote from: trileacman on February 21, 2014, 10:20:43 PM
St. Andre out, there is a decent French side there. Basteraud, the starting 9, Pape, Picamoles all need to be threw on the scrap heap. A French team trying to be French with two centres who can't pass and a 9 who won't until ordered to by the ref. Pape is and always has been a shite player. That back 3 though is particularly potent and that doesn't even allow for Fickou. Bonneval has the pace, Huget the speed and Dulin has the vision. Dusatoir is such a loss, f**k

+1. If Doussain and Plisson are the best 9 and 10 in France then they're in for lean few years.

Basteraud is so far removed from what a French back should be. He is a akin to a modern English centre, all braun and no brain. Funny, when I typed Basteraud into the phone, predictive text offered 'battered' :-)

The first 10 mins at twickenham with both teams laying down their intentions will be fierce.

Quality try by the Italians there

Tony Baloney

Good second half here.

I wonder will Sexton and BOD last 80 mins unscatched.

J OGorman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 22, 2014, 03:10:57 PM
Good second half here.

I wonder will Sexton and BOD last 80 mins unscatched.

BODs last away to the old enemy. He will put in some shift. Hopefully doesn't bust himself putting in the huge hits. a try would be something as his journey nears the the end

rodney trotter

Great finish to the Scotland game, cool head by Weir.

Main Street

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 22, 2014, 03:21:06 PM
Great finish to the Scotland game, cool head by Weir.
Depends.
It looked a sad end to the Italy game.  I'd even cheer on Italy against Ireland.

There was a half decent documentary which covered  Ireland's whisker from a grand slam 2007 season.  Eddie's dressing room pep talks amounted to mouthing out an assortment of standard Eddie cliches, in between curses.

Syferus

Amazing match so far, intensity at a level rarely seen. Good position to be in only three down after England camping on our line more than a few times but then we had our chances too. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the game breaks down in the second half.

Main Street

It might resemble rugby but is it a sport?
Next score wins the game.

J OGorman

Multiple missed tackles, flat passing, England having the majority of the ball and only 3 down. England can't keep this pass up. If we up our game, it'll be there for the taking in the last 20 mins

trileacman

Have to say the rule changes in rugby have really taken away from the game. To the point that it has become very easy to defend with a rush defence and if you place a sweeper opposing the 10 then the chip is also negated. So at top level rugby it's really only the bash game that works out.

I despise rugby league with a passion but currently it's a better game to watch than this drivel. I mean two elephants running into each other is possibly quite exciting/interesting at first but you wouldn't watch it for 80 consecutive minutes.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Captain Obvious

Dream start to the second half for Ireland

Captain Obvious

seafoid

Very tight match, BOD doing well.