Tyrone 5-16 Armagh 0-7 and other neighbourly thrashings

Started by ONeill, January 15, 2014, 11:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I know we've hammered Fermanagh and Derry several times but any rivals to the above scoreline? Dub/Meath? Cork/Kerry? Those places out west?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Mayo 4-16 Galway 0-11. Not quite as big a stuffing but it was a championship game.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 15, 2014, 11:12:01 PM
Mayo 4-16 Galway 0-11. Not quite as big a stuffing but it was a championship game.

Championship being the key word there. It's only the McKenna Cup.

If you're talking about hammerings, there's always the 5-9 to 1-9 game in 1987. And that was the championship. Against a Tyrone team that got to an AI final the year before. Armagh werent up to much then either, making the result even more significant.

rrhf

regal

Quote from: ONeill on January 15, 2014, 11:07:28 PM
I know we've hammered Fermanagh and Derry several times but any rivals to the above scoreline? Dub/Meath? Cork/Kerry? Those places out west?

Just wait until we get our big guns back - vernon , lavery, mallon - you'll not be laughing then

LeoMc

Ah sure Armagh wern't taking it seriously. They didn't even withdraw all their students from the college teams.

nrico2006

McKenna cup or not, you would be worried from an Armagh point of view given the fact that it was a pretty strong team they had out. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DennistheMenace

Blessing in disguise for Armagh I think prior to the league.

God14

No doubt that Armagh will learn a lot more & take more from last nights game than Tyrone will. A sense of Dejavu for Tyrone - coming out of the traps flying at the start of the season
Although perhaps less experienced heads on the panel at this time of year.

orangeman

T Fearon

God help everyone in an Armagh jersey last night,when Mc Geeney returns from honeymoon,

ONeill

Felt Sorry for the Armagh supporters last night, especially the pensioners. At least when we were beating them in the 00s they were running us close. Last night was a vile dishonorable submission.

There'll be some crack in Powerscreen the day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on January 16, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
God help everyone in an Armagh jersey last night,when Mc Geeney returns from honeymoon,
Do Armagh now get "relegated" to the Connacht FBD League??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smort

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 16, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
Do Armagh now get "relegated" to the Connacht FBD League??
No, they only drop one division not two : P

God14

A couple of good laughs at the Armagh ones on Armagh gaa net!