Is gaaboard on the way out?

Started by Old yeller, January 10, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Gaaboard is dying a slow death?

Yes
No
Hasnt changed

armaghniac

QuoteSomeone should write the history of the Board! What a story,from a poster using the N I Tourist Board's website to encourage support for a county,not his own against another ulster county,to the Board 's role in the sacking of a prominent broadcaster!

What about the story used to promote repeated references to a west Dublin hotel?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2014, 11:31:20 PM
QuoteSomeone should write the history of the Board! What a story,from a poster using the N I Tourist Board's website to encourage support for a county,not his own against another ulster county,to the Board 's role in the sacking of a prominent broadcaster!

What about the story used to promote repeated references to a west Dublin hotel?

That story is well documented in a Tyrone GAA book by an anon. user of the gaaboard.com ;)
Testing Accessibility

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Would post here more myself if it wasn't for other forums that take up more time and also the fact that this place is very Ulster-centric..I seem to to recall there wasn't even a thread on the Munster final 2 days before the game last year, which says it all really.

Still like the forum and there is some good debate/banter..plus to be fair youse Nordies take your ball seriously and mostly know your stuff.  :P

Very few places/forums with high quality football debate out there..boards is hit and miss, Cork Forums are so one eyed its ridiculous. Kerry forum could be good, but is moderated to a Big Brother level, Res Dubs and a few others are ok, but would like if somewhere like this was more extensive.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

ogshead

The Armagh forum is great because there is an app version. I have found myself using this one less as a result

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Clearly the death of the hot ladies thread has had an impact on traffic.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

theticklemister

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 14, 2014, 04:47:06 PM

The Tony Fearon thread will be the catalyst to pull more in.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2014, 04:50:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 14, 2014, 04:47:06 PM

The Tony Fearon thread will be the catalyst to pull more in.

We need a Tony Fearon-Hot Ladies-Sinn Fein-Whats the craic with God?-Tryone-Are Laois people racist?-Israel/Palestine- Mayo -ManUtd-HenoCup-Ballaghadeeren-Sludden-Henry-Liverpool-Our Wee Country-Rossie football ends on your 21'st birthday thread.

The Iceman

I believe it is dying a slow death. I think most of it is caused by foolish rivalries and in-fighting amoung posters. People should use the block function or just take a breath and forget about grudges. I am reluctant to contribute these days because of previous WUM's and a lot of the threads now are begrudging and negative complaining about something or other. I still enjoy the board, there are some gems of posts and some great banter at times if we could keep it out of the weeds....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on January 14, 2014, 06:19:21 PM
I believe it is dying a slow death. I think most of it is caused by foolish rivalries and in-fighting amoung posters. People should use the block function or just take a breath and forget about grudges. I am reluctant to contribute these days because of previous WUM's and a lot of the threads now are begrudging and negative complaining about something or other. I still enjoy the board, there are some gems of posts and some great banter at times if we could keep it out of the weeds....

It can be, and how many debates actually change someones views? Not many I'd say, a lot of, we'll agree to disagree which is the best answer in some cases but in a lot of cases you get fighting across the boards on on different threads and lads throwing up things said when debating something else!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

I dont see any grudges between posters.

Some craic on here.

seafoid

Quote from: ziggysego on January 14, 2014, 12:37:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2014, 11:31:20 PM

That story is well documented in a Tyrone GAA book by an anon. user of the gaaboard.com ;)
What is the name of the book?

Jinxy

Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2014, 06:34:08 PM

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the all the Tyrone & Mayo posters, grudges would decrease by 99.96% overnight.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Jinxy on January 14, 2014, 11:37:39 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2014, 06:34:08 PM

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the all the Tyrone & Mayo posters, grudges would decrease by 99.96% overnight.

& the Rossie grudges against both.