Is gaaboard on the way out?

Started by Old yeller, January 10, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Gaaboard is dying a slow death?

Yes
No
Hasnt changed

Whishtup

Quote from: Jinxy on January 14, 2014, 11:37:39 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 14, 2014, 06:34:08 PM
I dont see any grudges between posters.

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the all the Tyrone & Mayo posters, grudges would decrease by 99.96% overnight.

...but who would you vent your bubbling jealousy and hatred on, then?  ;)

heganboy

Ah now lads and lasses, the death of the gaaboard has been greatly exaggerated.

It certainly is evolving, and has been for quite some time now, thankfully...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Under Lights

Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2014, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 14, 2014, 12:37:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2014, 11:31:20 PM
QuoteSomeone should write the history of the Board! What a story,from a poster using the N I Tourist Board's website to encourage support for a county,not his own against another ulster county,to the Board 's role in the sacking of a prominent broadcaster!

What about the story used to promote repeated references to a west Dublin hotel?

That story is well documented in a Tyrone GAA book by an anon. user of the gaaboard.com ;)
What is the name of the book?

X2

Brick Tamlin

Easily solved.
Bring back the 'Mucksavage/Mucksavi' thread and watch the board go into overdrive. ;D
Simples.

ziggysego

Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2014, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 14, 2014, 12:37:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2014, 11:31:20 PM
QuoteSomeone should write the history of the Board! What a story,from a poster using the N I Tourist Board's website to encourage support for a county,not his own against another ulster county,to the Board 's role in the sacking of a prominent broadcaster!

What about the story used to promote repeated references to a west Dublin hotel?

That story is well documented in a Tyrone GAA book by an anon. user of the gaaboard.com ;)
What is the name of the book?

Can't remember lad, it's about 8 years ago now.
Testing Accessibility

Under Lights

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2014, 10:57:22 PM
Relax,I have Been on this board (through it's various incarnations) continually since 1997.That's more than 17 years (it existed before I joined) and it's still going strong.Through there aren't as many characters about as before,but I can't see the Board ever dying,quite simply because GAA is so popular and will always have an online forum

Give us the rundown of the history. When was the board first established. By whom. Didn't the GAA ever look about getting it taken down?

Jinxy

Quote from: Whishtup on January 15, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the all the Tyrone & Mayo posters, grudges would decrease by 99.96% overnight.

The flourbags.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ziggysego

Quote from: Under Lights on January 15, 2014, 01:24:21 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2014, 10:57:22 PM
Relax,I have Been on this board (through it's various incarnations) continually since 1997.That's more than 17 years (it existed before I joined) and it's still going strong.Through there aren't as many characters about as before,but I can't see the Board ever dying,quite simply because GAA is so popular and will always have an online forum

Give us the rundown of the history. When was the board first established. By whom. Didn't the GAA ever look about getting it taken down?

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember someone saying the original address for the board was www.gaa.ie
Testing Accessibility

Crete Boom

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the couple of Meath posters the average IQ , awareness of culture and general appearance of the place would improve exponentially overnight and the sad after effects of inbreeding would disappear out of sight;D ;D

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 15, 2014, 08:18:18 AM
Easily solved.
Bring back the 'Mucksavage/Mucksavi' thread and watch the board go into overdrive. ;D
Simples.

I have most of it saved if anyone wants it. I'm afraid to stick it up (oo er Mrs!!) here in case the mods disapprove ;)
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on January 14, 2014, 12:49:58 PM
Would post here more myself if it wasn't for other forums that take up more time and also the fact that this place is very Ulster-centric..I seem to to recall there wasn't even a thread on the Munster final 2 days before the game last year, which says it all really.

Still like the forum and there is some good debate/banter..plus to be fair youse Nordies take your ball seriously and mostly know your stuff.  :P

Very few places/forums with high quality football debate out there..boards is hit and miss, Cork Forums are so one eyed its ridiculous. Kerry forum could be good, but is moderated to a Big Brother level, Res Dubs and a few others are ok, but would like if somewhere like this was more extensive.

Love Reservoir Dubs...some funny hoors over there ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Quote from: Crete Boom on January 15, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

Some craic on here.

If we got rid of the couple of Meath posters the average IQ , awareness of culture and general appearance of the place would improve exponentially overnight and the sad after effects of inbreeding would disappear out of sight;D ;D

Myself and Hardy are up there with the handsomest men in the county.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

deiseach

Quote from: Jinxy on January 15, 2014, 04:02:28 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on January 15, 2014, 02:34:01 PM

Myself and Hardy are up there with the handsomest men in the county.

Ah that's too easy!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on January 15, 2014, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on January 15, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

Some craic on here.

The flourbags.

>:( That's fighting talk..

#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy