Dreambox

Started by Father Jack, January 09, 2014, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

What box is it Captain black?

Also do you have the C line details?  If not careful flashing the box without these details or you will have to go back to your supplier to get the details.

Captain Black

Cheers Muzz.  It's an Icloud box 4.

Don't have c line details (tbh don't know what these are, would be pretty clueless) where could i find them ?

Received a link via PM with instrucitons but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

thinking i may have to just take the hit and get a new box.

Muzz

The c line will be the ip address, username and password to allow you to decode the channels that are being sent to you.  It will be saved on a config file on the box e.g. CCcam.cfg file.

Not sure about the icloud box to be honest so hopefully the PM will work.

redzone

Quick question. Can u get the illegal sky box set up whislt the original one is still active. It takes one month notice to cancel if u know wat I mean

WeeDonns

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

galwayman

Lads - can anyone give me the dream box models I need to be looking for for both recording and non-recording?
Moving house soon & want to get one that records for the main room & the basic non-recording one for another room.
Just not sure the differences between the available dreambox models.
Thanks

The_geezer

bump

Me too, any help appreciated

Muzz

Any of the boxes you can record on as long as you get an external hard drive.  However if you want to record one channel whilst watching another then you need to go with a box that has a dual tuner (something like DM8000). 

For single tuner boxes out there the DM800se is probably the pick of the bunch (well it was about 1.5 years ago) but I am sure there are cheaper alternatives out there now that may be better.  Look for the Vu Solo and Vu Duo.

The_geezer

cheers Muzz appreciated

nrico2006

There seems to be lots of different people dealing in Dreamboxes out there, obviously different models etc.  I have heard of people having to pay £10 a month for them or others paying a fee every six months.  Anybody able to shed any light on what you are paying for and also how likely are sky to stop the dreamboxes picking up the channels in the near future?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 04, 2015, 08:57:39 AM
There seems to be lots of different people dealing in Dreamboxes out there, obviously different models etc.  I have heard of people having to pay £10 a month for them or others paying a fee every six months.  Anybody able to shed any light on what you are paying for and also how likely are sky to stop the dreamboxes picking up the channels in the near future?

I'm hearing of a lot of pubs and so on getting caught with these, what sort of fine would they be looking at? Had heard 5K bandied about.

whatifs

Quote from: gerry on July 15, 2015, 09:00:45 AM
yep, all you need is a aerial splitter from the sky dish

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-TV-Satellite-Cable-Splitter-Tee-Kit-Joins-SKY-to-Skybox-F5-etc-K05-/161463624191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2597fb61ff

have just ordered a sky f5 box and was wondering can i use this on one of the feeds coming in and will it cause problems recording on existing sky box as she likes to record soaps if am watching football on f5 box??

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 04, 2015, 08:57:39 AM

There are always rumours that Sky are about to block them from working. I dallied for around 6 months before getting my box because of this but I've now had 2 years on a dreambox with no issues... My advice would be to go for it, an entry level box and yearly subscription would set you back less than the price of a monthly subscription to Sky

Norf Tyrone

Lads where could one get a 'line' from? I have a box but my year is up. My supplier is not responding to texts so I can pay to go live again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone