ancestry..

Started by lawnseed, January 01, 2014, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

yippee great news.. just had a family tree done and I'm delighted to say that the 'lawnseeds' are 100% irish. I had some suspicions on the maters side but I'm happy to say that we are "micks" not a single horrible haggess head planter bone in our former irish chieftain bodies..
off course we fought in the gpo and various other skirmishes against the brits throughout history. also i'm happy to note that an uncle of my grandfathers was a vice vice president of the united states of America and has several public amenities named after him..

yeah its all been downhill since ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

T Fearon

Are you nor related to The Lightening Seeds?

Oraisteach

Hay, seed, how did you trace your lineage prior to the 1911 census?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 01, 2014, 11:53:50 PM
He bought the same shite they sell everyone... fought in the Rising and the Civil War? Check. Related to an American president? Check  ::)

ziggysego

The 1901 cenus
Testing Accessibility

Oraisteach

ONeill

What do you mean 100% Irish?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 01, 2014, 11:56:44 PM
He bought the same shite they sell everyone... fought in the Rising and the Civil War? Check. Related to an American president? Check  ::)
related to a vice vice president..
the buildings and parks are there tone.. the man existed there's no doubt we know of his wife and his kids, his military records his involvement in unions prior to his political career.. and we know when his father left here. what we don't know is whether he ever came to Ireland. I doubt it there seems to be no communication back home at all.

of course its not all good there seems to heavy involvement in the sex industry apparently other lawnseeds amassed quiet a fortune running hoor houses.. ;D ;D no messing court records of that time reveal scores of convictions.. maybe this lead to the lack of communication back home no doubt the good catholic lawnseeds here would have been mortified

or they may have wanted in on it ;D :P or maybe they were too busy washing diesel I'll say it before mayogod.. blah

deiseach

The Vice President of the United States is a famously useless role. John Adams said it was "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived" and he should know as he was the first one. So God only knows how useless the Vice Vice President is.

trueblue1234

Quote from: deiseach on January 02, 2014, 09:37:48 AM
The Vice President of the United States is a famously useless role. John Adams said it was "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived" and he should know as he was the first one. So God only knows how useless the Vice Vice President is.

But in accordance with John Adams, the vice vice president must be a more significant role!!  :P
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 02, 2014, 10:04:43 AM

But in accordance with John Adams, the vice vice president must be a more significant role!!  :P

Touché.

lawnseed

Quote from: deiseach on January 02, 2014, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 02, 2014, 10:04:43 AM

Touché.
since independence 8 American presidents have died in office. 4 were shot. one was impeached. 9 have not run full term

I'll let you back to your proddy carol singing. no doubt your descendants will point to it in a 150 years as something of note in your life.. 

deiseach

Quote from: lawnseed on January 02, 2014, 10:33:49 AM
since independence 8 American presidents have died in office. 4 were shot. one was impeached. 9 have not run full term

I'll let you back to your proddy carol singing. no doubt your descendants will point to it in a 150 years as something of note in your life..

Two Presidents have been impeached. Although what this has to do with the non-existent office of Vice Vice President, I don't know.

lawnseed

Quote from: deiseach on January 02, 2014, 10:53:27 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 02, 2014, 10:33:49 AM

Two Presidents have been impeached. Although what this has to do with the nonexistent office of Vice Vice President, I don't know.
"while shepherds watched their flock by night.." I can picture it now your descendants on a future jao meebollix show.. 'my great grand father sang carols in the protestant cathedral in Waterford yeah he played a big part in the history of this country jao'

maybe my relation wasn't a vice vice president  as such. but he was a man of note who played a significant role in that administration and did some great work for the people who voted him into office and your petty sniping cannot change that.

for my part I'm quite happy to that someone in my family left poverty and starvation and did well for themselves. the ruins of their old house are still here and I can tell you they didn't come from much.

feel free to share some of family history

Milltown Row2

Or he could have been a right cnut and never got caught. That ancestry stuff is a load of balls in fairness. I won't ever impact on your life. Worry about the here and now.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea