Anonymity blown?

Started by ExiledGael, December 06, 2013, 07:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

On an older version of the Armagh board you used to get an odd emailed notification about something & all users' emails were on it, wasn't an overly big deal but still  had a good nosey through it though.

LeoMc

Time to dig up my supply of false passports then.
Leonardo Machivelli it is then.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2013, 11:43:59 PM
This list is on the go a right while now. 3 or 4 years anyway.

This happens every now and again. The people who do it think they hold some sort of power over posters on here. Fact is, most have been outed before and you can only be outed once. Everything after that is old hat. Moreover, most posters on here do not truly hide behind a username IMO. My identity has been well known for a long time and I have no issue with that. I imagine it is the same for the rest of the people on the list.

I am willing to give my name, phone number and/or meet with anyone who takes issue with anything I post on here. I have done it before and I imagine most would do the same if asked.

You used to randomly send me messages from Greencastle, informing me of who you were chatting to in Eddies.

Yeah, no secret who I am.either.
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on December 07, 2013, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2013, 11:43:59 PM
This list is on the go a right while now. 3 or 4 years anyway.

This happens every now and again. The people who do it think they hold some sort of power over posters on here. Fact is, most have been outed before and you can only be outed once. Everything after that is old hat. Moreover, most posters on here do not truly hide behind a username IMO. My identity has been well known for a long time and I have no issue with that. I imagine it is the same for the rest of the people on the list.

I am willing to give my name, phone number and/or meet with anyone who takes issue with anything I post on here. I have done it before and I imagine most would do the same if asked.

You used to randomly send me messages from Greencastle, informing me of who you were chatting to in Eddies.

Yeah, no secret who I am.either.

Mod1 or Mod3?
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

If I was a mod, you would have been gone a long time ago ;)
Testing Accessibility

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on December 07, 2013, 12:47:00 AM
If I was a mod, you would have been gone a long time ago ;)

You have a Mandela like ability to forgive!
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

I see some fella replied on twitter that he knows one poster is a well known ref.

So Martin Sludden is obviously Olly  ;D

And I thought for years it was O'Neill.

Minder

Quote from: Bingo on December 07, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
I see some fella replied on twitter that he knows one poster is a well known ref.

I think they are referring to posters on the Antrim threads.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Bingo on December 07, 2013, 08:57:51 AM

Erm - think he's declared that a long time ago!

deiseach

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 06, 2013, 08:02:56 PM
All GAABoard users to be given lifetime bans - end of GAA in Antrim, as we know it!!

Reduced on appeal to a two week ban. Expires on Saturday night before the next game.

Milltown Row2

Yeah no ones really cares, I met Michael at Down Royal (nice fella) one night and we had a good laugh over the Slim Shady incident, and how he's at Cargin and if he wanted to win a trophy he shoulda headed to Belfast ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Gs Man

That bastard Slim Shady outed me years ago.
Keep 'er lit

trileacman

Did we actually give our names when we signed up or is it just from our email addresses this is figured out? I can't remember giving anything other than my email address when I signed up.

Funnily enough I only ever "knew" one of the posters on this board and I think they've cleared off. As for the older lads I know people who know them but I've never actually met one of them, even the Tyrone lads. I think this whole thing of knowing lads was just borne out of studying in Belfast.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Lecale2

QuoteI think this whole thing of knowing lads was just borne out of studying in Belfast.

I think you mean wrecking the Holyland in Belfast.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 08, 2013, 07:32:47 PM
That b**tard Slim Shady outed me years ago.
I don't remember him outing you but when someone came along and outed him, there was hell to pay.
AS far as I recall, he was the reserve goalie on some Antrim club side.  Does the name Cargin mean anything to anyone?
I think that was the club's name but I can't be sure.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi