Ulster Under 21 Championship

Started by Farneylawd2011, December 03, 2013, 10:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: StephenC on March 13, 2014, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 13, 2014, 07:22:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP4K2DpIy4U&feature=youtu.be&a

Love the reaction to the last question on this. Hilarious.

It's football, you don't need to get ultra excited about it.  ;D

Very measured approach. Head screwed on there.

mylestheslasher

So what do Tyrone boys think of your team this year, many of them starting with the seniors. Since Cavan beat Derry they have now been installed as favourites at 9/4 and Tyrone at 3/1. Indeed Cavan are 4/7 to win on Wednesday and Tyrone are 13/8. Tyrone odds drifted out in last few days for some reason.

Its hard to know will the extra game help Cavan or will it have revealed their hand to Tyrone. Although Cavan won easy enough against Derry I'm told the Cavan forwards were not great but the back 6 and midfield were pretty excellent.

It should be a great match. I think home advantage might swing it by 1 or 2 points to Cavan.

omagh_gael

Hard to have any real idea of where we stand at u-21 these days. On paper we should be contesting the later stages of the AI on a much more regular basis but it has never happened for us. Much less 'big names' on this team, which mightn't be a bad thing. Only senior in this team is Darren McCurry who was rested yesterday.

We have drifted due to your swatting of Derry. That was a mightily impressive performance regardless of the preparation/setup of the opposition.

We're hoping for the best on Wednesday night,  tell your young lads to go easy on us.

Westside

Tyrone will bring the same savage work rate as Cavan do. So I think it will come down to what team take their chances on the night. We don't have a forward in the class of McCurry but I think we hold an advantage in having a game under our belt and a team that have been on a Minor run together and an U21 run for the past two seasons. It will be very much 50/50 on the night, I'm sure both teams will bring good support and hopefully it will be a good night for football.

sam03/05

Tyrone have a very young team, with most of them underage next couple of years. I would fancy Cavan as a result.

nrico2006

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 18, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
Tyrone have a very young team, with most of them underage next couple of years. I would fancy Cavan as a result.

Although you would hope  they should do well considering that the fact that the bulk of the team will be made up of players who appeared in last years All Ireland Minor final and won the year befores Ulster minor title.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

regal

Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2014, 09:38:13 PM
Armagh team for tomorrow night anyway:

Noel McCoy
Michael Finnegan
Seamus Kelly
Shea Freeman
Donal O’Neill
Diarmuid O’Hagan
Paudi Crilly
Aaron Findon
Ethan Rafferty
Paul McGeown
Miceal McKenna
Callum Comiskey
Aidan Nugent
Ciaron O’Hanlon
Conor McNally

It's great to see O'Hanlon playing. He played for the seniors in the championship last year, why is he not involved with the seniors this year?

mackers

It was his decision Regal.  He didn't want to play for the seniors this year.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on March 19, 2014, 10:36:59 AM
It was his decision Regal.  He didn't want to play for the seniors this year.

Time enough for him to be in the seniors. Hopefully he'll make his mark in the U21.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Westside

Cavan v Tyrone delayed by 15 minutes.

Dougal

Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

No can't get my hands on one! Declan Woods not up to his usual standard.

Dougal

Quote from: Westside on March 19, 2014, 08:07:11 PM
No can't get my hands on one! Declan Woods not up to his usual standard.

i see that. hopefully keep us up to date once the game starts.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

Mickey Brennan on Northern Sound names the team, looks like Conor Madden is out, being replaced by Aaron Watson. Good few positional changes other than that.

Aristo 60

Any radio station doing the iniskeen game?