Ulster Under 21 Championship

Started by Farneylawd2011, December 03, 2013, 10:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

ONeill

Cavan buildin a dynasty. It'll be like the 40s all over again soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2014, 09:20:06 PM
Cavan buildin a dynasty. It'll be like the 40s all over again soon.

Same as that.

mylestheslasher

Great win for us. It finished 3-10 to 0-12. I was out by a point in my prediction so sorry about that. Nevin O Donnell went off injured so hopefully nothing serious. Great to go up to Derry and win that comfortably. It'll be tighter next week.

Itchy

Throw ball

Good win for Cavan. Although Tyrone will be tough I fancy home advantage will do it for Cavan. Of more interest is how they progress at senior level over the next few years. Under 21 level is a funny grade in that it is an after thought in many counties and seems to just be pushed into the calendar. The better prepared teams can often progress. To that end I will be interested to see how my own county, Armagh, progress next week. For the first time in a number of years a proper effort has been made to prepare the team properly. We may have a rookie manager but hopefully he helps the team develop.

Aaron Boone

It's scary the potential Cavan have at their disposal now. A real heavyweight.

orangeman

They'll take a lot of bating in the next 10 years.

J OGorman

Cavan full value for the win tonight, could have been a wider margin. Any fluent play, link play etc all came from the men in blue. Our boys on the other hand were a group of individuals. Seemed to be a competition to see who could solo the ball as many times as possible before being turned over.
In the second half, whilst Sukie was 'wasting' in the full forward line, 1 ball went into him. When he came out, 3 balls went in quick, one resulting in a soft free....comical stuff at times. Sure if the thing cant be promoted or taken seriously by the county board, diddly or very little re buildup, team selections, news on any social media and a dozen sheets of paper at the match with the teams on it, why would anyone else?
Be some achievement for Cavan to win 4 in a row...best of luck to them

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 12, 2014, 09:59:20 PM

Still haven't won an AI.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 12, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

Still haven't won an AI.
I think sour grapes is the phrase we reach for

on the sideline

Do season tickets get you in to these games?

orangeman

ONeill

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 12, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

Still haven't won an AI.

That is true. I suppose in terms of Ulster they must be hopeful of being the dominant force.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Not for the lack of trying, 2011 All Ireland final they came up against a clinical Galway side, Cavan never got going in that game and Galway were on fire. Danny Cummins and Mark Hehier combining well in the forward line. Cavan missed a penaly after half time

2012 All Ireland Semi against Ross was a strange game. Ref was awful, Cavan had a stone wall penalty not given in the first half. Second hal,f the Cavan keeper was chipped from a poor kickout, summed up a bad day. Very low scoring game

2013, AIS Cork got off to a very good start, and looked rampant, but when Cavan brought on Connor Moynagh,who would have started only for injury, Cavan came back very well,had a last gasp chance to level the game from a free against the wind, but wasn't to  be

Ulster winners play Leinster winners this year, but wouldnt be thinking that far ahead, Dublin will badly miss Kilkenny at this level