Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

As we have no participation in the NFL semis to look forward to we may as well speculate about May..........................

Ideally we would have:

Packie
Ricey -Joey - Carlin
Harte - Block - Philly
    Sean - Mellon
Dooher - McG - Mulgrew
SON - Cavanagh Jnr - Mugsy

In reallity we will (prob) have

Packie
Ricey - McGinley - Carlin
Harte - Block - McMahon jnr
    Sean - Enda
Dooher - Penrose - Mulgrew
SON - Mugsy - Mellon

Team A - could win the AI
Team B - will prob be in qualifiers

sam03/05

I would imagine that Jordan will be back by then as he was on the bench on sunday

Gold

Fermanagh are hoping that the Boho St Fabers men who declined to join when originally asked on to the panel will end their boycott.
If they do there is no reason why Sam wont be coming home
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

caraghtyrone

Hi,

How can you have Mulgrew in the team at the expense of Enda Mc Ginley?
Otherwise your 99% right with your selections

ClosetotheHarte

My ideal team would probably be:

Packie
Ricey, McMahon, Carlin
Davy, Gormley, Jordan
Hub, Cavanagh
Dooher, McGuigan, Mulgrew
Mugsy, O'Neill, McGinley

I'd have no problem though with McGee, McMahon Jnr, Mellon (not in the corner though), or Cavanagh Jnr playing instead of somebody above. Penrose or McCullagh should make useful subs as well and McCaul is another option in the FB line.

Should McGuigan make it back it would be a huge, huge boost. What are the chances, does anybody really know or is it too early to tell?

loughshore lad

Quote from: ClosetotheHarte on April 11, 2007, 12:04:39 AM

Should McGuigan make it back it would be a huge, huge boost. What are the chances, does anybody really know or is it too early to tell?

Basically I would say it is much too early to say. He is off the crutches and walking around but am not sue if he is doing any running etc. I did see him play in a few club games before he got the last operation and although the ankle was clearly affecting him he was as usual immense. The concern would be the length of time it may take him to get up to match speed at county level again.

Over the Bar

For McGuigan's sake, I could handle not having him at all this season if it meant he made a full recovery and got back to his best.  I'd hate to see him rushed back and causing complications.   I d/k if anyone read Beano's article about the pain & lack of form he is going thru which he puts down to rushing back from injury.

loughshore lad

Totally agree - the hardest thing will be trying to hold Brian back as he himself will be itching to get back. Realistically the fact the ankle was giving him bother should have been telling both himself and the medical people even more so that he was not ready to come back at that time

realredhandfan

No point rushing back now, that theres been a complication.  The dream recovery aint on.  The man has to think of his own health too.

ClosetotheHarte

Evrybody wants Brian back so much but a full recovery to his injury is far more important and if that means he doesn't make it back this year then so be it. As above I'd rather see him take his time if it meant he'd be completely recovered.
We'll have to plan without him now and if he's back before the summer's over that's a fantastic bonus.
Is anybody heading to the big night for him at the end of April?

Norf Tyrone

Any word on where the match is being played yet? Heard Enniskillen, but may be moved to Clones.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Over the Bar

Is Enniskillen not a building site at present?

SuperDooperCooper

Just after reading in the Independent that Mulligan is looking at an 8 week ban for two read card offence in a short period of time.
Fermanagh at their lowest ebb in years Tyrone should have no problem advancing.
Have to agree with the statement on McGuigan, better to ease back and be right athan to rush back and cause further complications. The lad has played no real football since April '06 it would be expecting a lot to see him influence this years championship. One can only hope he will return to the form he showed in '06 (his point against us was class).

tyroneboi

Think mickey harte will go with his tried and trusted players and i think the team will be:

1. P McConnell
2. R McMenamin
3. J McMahon
4. D Carlin
5. D Harte
6. C Gormley
7. P Jordan
8. Kevin Hughes
9. S Cavanagh
10. B Dooher
11. Mulligan (if he is suspended not many more options)
12. R Mellon
13. C McCullagh
14. S O'Neill
15. E McGinley

A couple of options on the bench including Mulgrew, Cavanagh, McMahon, Penrose, Rouse, McCaul, McGee

Should have too much for Fermanagh. Think if we could get McGuigan back for the Donegal/Armagh game then that would be a huge boost for the team. 

FermPundit

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 11, 2007, 01:36:34 PM
Is Enniskillen not a building site at present?

It is indeed. The floodlights are now in place but the pitch won't be ready for this summer.

I wouldn't write Fermanagh's chances off for this year just yet. We had a brutal national league in 2004 but went on a brilliant run in the championship. We have always loved being the underdogs and there is no pressure on us to do well this summer. There are some really talented footballers in the squad and with a bit of confidence and self belief we could surprise a few teams in the next few months.

Tyrone aren't going too well at the moment and I'm sure they'll be looking at the Fermanagh match as a potential Banana skin.

On current form the Fermanagh team I would pick for the summer would be -

C. Breen
N. Bogue
B. Owens
S. Goan
P. Sherry
S. McDerrmott
T. McElroy
M. McGrath
M. Murphy
E. Maguire
T. Brewster
M. Little
C. O'Reilly
J. Sherry
C. Bradley
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.