Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 26, 2007, 09:45:47 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on April 26, 2007, 04:39:36 PM
Some good news.

Great news indeed Star, best to Brian on Saturday.

As long as he's not risking himself by coming back too early, then this is great news. Looks as if the Championship could see a rebirth in the Tyrone team ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: KIDDO on April 26, 2007, 10:37:55 PM
Would the source of this alleged good news  story be Francie Mooney , the man that plastered the story on  the  Ardboe v Dromore  league tie to all the  media outlets throughout Ireland , getting our esteemed Aidan Harkin into bother from gaa fans by misquoting him,

Don't know Kiddo, bad, bad, reportage on his (or whosever's) part if he disinformed so badly, particularly on Aodhán's innocent behalf.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

So what's the news on the Injury list from the weekend?

I wasnt at the CLanns victory over Kildress so didnt hear yet if Stevie O played or not

I see that Cavlan made a comeback scoring 3 points
What about Cavanagh Snr and McGuigan?
Who else played well at the weekend?

Any more injuries?

Fuzzman

Yeah I just heard that alright.
He came on, scored 1.01 and then was taken off with a serious different injury which sounds serious.

Have no more details at the moment

Did the McMahon Bros both play at the weekend?

Mr. Nakata

Yeah, both McMahons lined out in Dunmoyle, with Justy looking sharp and in good nick. Joe on the other hand looked as if he was back on the burgers big style. Off the pace, marking space, generally not good enough.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Latest from the BBCNI (yikes!):

Further fitness worries for Harte

Stephen O'Neill is among several Tyrone injury worries

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte has been hit by further injury worries ahead of the county's Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh on 20 May.

Two key forwards picked up injuries in club games on Sunday.

Cookstown's Owen Mulligan limped off early in the second half of his side's game with Donaghmore while Stephen O'Neill again damaged his hamstring.

The Clann Na Gael man came off the bench against Kildress and scored a goal but failed to finish the contest.

Former footballer of the year O'Neill had already damaged his hamstring in training and must now be rated extremely doubtful.

Brian McGuigan had suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken leg while Sean Cavanagh missed Tyrone's last three NFL games due to a foot injury.

Cavanagh has resumed light training with his club Moy after having the cast removed from his injury.

He travelled to Birmingham to a rehabilitation centre to get his foot looked at.

armaghniac

QuoteTwo key forwards picked up injuries in club games on Sunday.

Sounds bad. You Tyronies will have to call on your God for divine help!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Carmen Stateside

from bbc

McGuigan refusing to set targets 

Brian McGuigan's return has been hindered by ankle surgery 
Tyrone playmaker Brian McGuigan is refusing to set himself any targets as he returns to fitness after undergoing surgery on a troublesome ankle injury.
"I'm not going to set myself any dates as I have done that in the past and not made them but hopefully I am only a few weeks away from a return to action.

"I see Mickey (Harte) thinks I will be a sub for the game against Fermanagh on 20 May but we'll just wait and see.

"If I don't make that game I should be ready for the semi-final on 17 June."

The Red Hands play the Ernemen in their Ulster SFC opener and Donegal or Armagh await the winners on 17 June.

McGuigan was making a satisafctory recovery from a leg break he suffered in a club game last April and had resumed playing for his club Ardboe when complications set in.

"The surgeon is happy enough that he has got the problem sorted but I won't be able to tell until I start sprinting," said McGuigan.

"Hopefully Mickey will let me play a few games for my club.

"I know the county men aren't allowed to play but maybe he'll make an exception to the rule so I can get a few games under my belt, get the feel of the ball again," he added.

ExiledGael

Sounds like plenty for Harte to be worrying about!
No injury news from Fermanagh, Liam McBarron started his first game for Fermanagh in nearly a year last weekend.
Still no word on Ryan McCluskey rejoining the panel, but apparently his father passed away at the weekend so that will be the last thing on his mind. Our thoughts go out to him
RIP

Fuzzman

Does anyone know what happened Mugsy or how long he'll be out for?

Heard SON might be out for 3/4 weeks as hurt his ankle as well as having a sore hamstring.

Will there be no more league games before the Fermanagh match then or just without the county men?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 01, 2007, 12:23:28 PM
Does anyone know what happened Mugsy or how long he'll be out for?

Heard SON might be out for 3/4 weeks as hurt his ankle as well as having a sore hamstring.

Will there be no more league games before the Fermanagh match then or just without the county men?

I'd say that MH is positively thrilled that Stevie was lining out with an iffy hamstring in the first place!  :o

oneillcup2007

These scare stories happen every year.  im sure we'll find lads to fill the jerseys. 

tyroneman

There was an interview with Mugsy in the Daily Mirror today where he seemed confident he would be ok for Fermanagh - said he came off as a precaution, feeling a small twinge and would be ready for the upcoming Championship game

Interestingly he seemd to indicate he would be playing at CHF and suggested you need to be much fitter for this position than Corner Forward - no s**t Sherlock - quite evident after his performance against Cork.

tyroneman

Apparantly SON is out for Tyrone and Sherry & Owens are doubts for Fermanagh................................

ExiledGael

Been speaking to people playing in the club match Owens was injured in, Teemore v St Patricks, and they reckon he should have no trouble making it for the big one! Here's hoping, he's had some great tussles with O'Neill in recent years, it would be a shame if neither made it, looks like Stevie definitely won't now though.
Don't know the Sherry situation yet