2013 All Stars

Started by Premier Emperor, November 07, 2013, 05:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

Only 3 from Cork and 8 from Klare, even though Cork were within seconds of winning the All Ireland.

Goalkeeper
1.Anthony Nash (Cork)

Full backs
2. Richie McCarthy (Limerick)
3. Peter Kelly (Dublin)
4. David McInerney (Clare)

Half backs
5. Brendan Bugler (Clare)
6. Liam Rushe (Dublin)
7. Patrick Donnellan (Clare)

Midfield
8. Colm Galvin (Clare)
9. Conor Ryan (Clare)

Half forwards
10. Séamus Harnedy (Cork)
11. Tony Kelly (Clare)
12. Danny Sutcliffe (Dublin)

Full forwards
13. Pádraic Collins (Clare)
14. Patrick Horgan (Cork)
15. Conor McGrath (Clare)

theticklemister

What cork lads would ye have in?

orangeman

Winners take it all but 3 from Cork and 8 from Clare seems a bit skewed.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

Shane O'Neill must have been very close possibly just ahead of Kelly from Dublin who I'm a big fan off, splitting hairs in all fairness.

Paul Murphy of Kilkenny was every bit as good as Richie McCarthy, but Limerick being a semi-finalist needed an all-star fitted in somewhere.

There's as much politics in this crap as there is ability.

nrico2006

All Stars are obviously a joke, the fact that it all comes down to getting the right split between the finalists says it all.  The finalists don't necessarily have the best 15 players between them.  Just as it is in football, I hate this talk of 'Monaghan will get an All-Star for winning Ulster'.  Again, no team should 'deserve' an All Star because they got far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sean3

Quote from: johnneycool on November 08, 2013, 09:38:44 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

Shane O'Neill must have been very close possibly just ahead of Kelly from Dublin who I'm a big fan off, splitting hairs in all fairness.

Paul Murphy of Kilkenny was every bit as good as Richie McCarthy, but Limerick being a semi-finalist needed an all-star fitted in somewhere.

There's as much politics in this crap as there is ability.

Agree about Paul Murphy - as good a corner back as there is.

Shane O'Neill was taken apart in the replayed final. I would have had Brian Murphy ahead of him although he was out for a few games

johnneycool

Quote from: Sean3 on November 08, 2013, 11:56:02 AM

Shane O'Neill was taken apart in the replayed final. I would have had Brian Murphy ahead of him although he was out for a few games

Was he?

He was probably at fault for one of the three O'Donnell goals, the other two he had to meet the man running right down the middle of the defence and hope that some of his fellow defenders had got back to get a tackle on O'Donnell which they didn't.
He was OK in the replay but wasn't found wanting the rest of the year.

seafoid

An awful lot of stuff happened since the end of April.

/http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/davy-fitzgerald-says-gaa-needs-to-urgently-address-league-structure-1.1378262

"Listen, it's pure luck," says Davy Fitzgerald, explaining how Kilkenny and Tipperary found their way into Sunday's final of the Allianz Hurling League – and that's before he even gets going. "Fair play, they've shown form in the last few weeks, but ye all know it could have been anyone. Kilkenny beat us by a point in Cusack Park and we could easily have won it. If we had they'd have been fighting relegation. They're probably the two best teams in the country but I don't think they are as far ahead as they were a few years ago."

CitySlicker11

Conor O'Sullivan instead of Richie McCarthy would have been more realistic. Colm Galvin not the strongest award winner ever.